Search results

1. J

balls

i was packing up my softball gear for the winter and decided to cut open a sb12 and a diamond flyer Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us EDIT: problem solved
  2. J

NSA vs Utrip bats

i currently only play ASA but will be playing NSA and Utrip in the spring. are there any NSA bats that are not utrip approved? thanks
  3. J

ASA illegal substitution

sanctioned asa tourny we are batting 11, our lineup cards lists the players name, his position (the coach used positions 1,2,3 instead of P,C,1B) his jersey number i forget the exact scenario of how its possible since it happened about a month ago.... basically the person who approached...
  4. J

new player

shows up for the first game of a casual rec league fully decked out in all the latest gear, has about 6 bats, allegedly played big time D1 baseball, but then proceeded to not hit 1 ball even close to descent and booted a routine grounder. didnt see that one coming. i just wish i could have...
  5. J

portable pa system?

should i get one of these for a coed rec league? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I51FF6?ie=UTF8&tag=portablepasystems-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000I51FF6
  6. J

why are

ground balls hit to the pitchers considered shooting middle? no one is dying from being hit in the shin. whenever i see a pitcher get pissed off at a ground ball or read a post about going middle when its a grounder, i laugh. flame away.
  7. J

new guy on tourny team

im playing in a pretty big tournament this weekend, im the "new" guy. ive played with most of the players before in a rec league. they all take league very seriously, i was using it just to have some fun and get some more swings in since i play in quite a few leagues. anyways, going to this...
  8. J

ASA reentry rule

is there a legit protest here? player A starts, player B comes into the game in the 2nd inning, the ump says if player A reenters, player B is out of the game for good and cannot reenter. the team wants to eventually reenter player B.....
  9. J

Any batter runner passing a runner

ASA runner on 1st, batter hits a deep fly ball, runner thinks about tagging and the batter is running full speed and passes the runner halfway between 1st and 2nd. the ump called the batter out (rightfully so) but then invoked something ive never heard of. he said since the runner had not yet...
  10. J

bad coaching?

playing in a coed rec league last night and i hear some guys on the other team trying to give one of their girls some batting advice. one of the guys was adamant that the girls front knee should be bent when she swings. one guy was telling her to keep her arms as straight as possible the...
  11. J

how to handle this situation

league game tonight, pretty competitive level, on a double play ball, the runner from first jumps in the air in an attempt to distract me from turning two. after the play i yell out "do that again and youll be missing some teeth". bottom 7, 1 out, another double play ball, the runner from...
  12. J

Any appeal

i tried searching but couldnt find it but there was discussion in a thread recently having to do with appealing a missed base. someone was fairly adamant that you could do so mid play, ive only ever seen it done after a play. lets say runner on 1st 2 outs, playing on an open field and the...
  13. J

ASA Obs?

2 outs, runner on 1st. 1B is playing even with the base, groundball up the middle-ish, 2B fields it cleanly, flips to SS for the 'out' at 2nd. after the ball was hit, the 1B, in their attempt to cover 1st, collides with the runner going from 1st to 2nd. usain bolt was not beating the ball to...
  14. J

defense on a weird field

playing in a utrip D tourny where one of the fields is "rectangular" in shape. distances from LF foul pole to RF foul pole are: 255 285 335 295 280. any suggestions on how to play the OF defense? would you stick the worst OFer in LF? would 5 man IF be better or worse for this field...
  15. J

ultra II advanced

does anyone know where i can get an ultra II advanced, the senior version with the weird metal knob? thanks
  16. J

5 man IF

i played on a utrip E team this past weekend, we tried out the 5 man IF even though we didnt have the P or the fielders to "pull it off" and only a few ppl have ever heard of it let alone seen it and it went surprisingly well. any mens team who has skilled fielders should absolutely use it...