Search results

1. I

From the pinned IF post

#6: If a team is missing an infielder (such as their second baseman), and the infield fly lands where s/he would have been, it still counts. Answer: False. A infielder actually has to be present to be able to catch the ball with ordinary effort. The above is somewhat correct, but not absolute...
  2. I

ASA Story Involving Roster & Protest

About a decade ago, team was playing in a state tournament (Men's D) There was a local athlete who at the time was on the Las Vegas Gladiators' roster who was picked up by a team. Problem was, the team roster had already been submitted. Like most ASA associations, the team was told they...
  3. I

ASA Play @ 3rd

Saw this in a game I was watching the other night. F5 straddling 3rd facing 2nd. Runner coming into the base without much urgency. Throw from F7 is right on target. As the runner steps for the base, F5 catches the ball and tags the knee and the ball pops out as F5 stumbles backward...
  4. I

ASA Executive Director Announces Retirement Plans

Ron Radigonda has announced his intention to retire at the end of 2013. Read story here.
  5. I

Playing Without Fences

Had a conversation last night about playing championship play on open fields. Seems to me that this could cause a real issue with the game of teams moving on to nationals where there will always be a fence. Anyone ever run into this before and was it helpful to your team or did the lack of...
  6. I

ASA Code Changes Now Official

Approved Code Changes Define limits on unprofessional conduct at National Tournaments Allied members prohibited from hosting competing events within 14 days of ASA Championship play Territorial VP must live within territory they serve Regional directors must live within the region...
  7. I

ASA Rule Changes Now Official

Approved Rule Changes JO 14U Girls FP change pitching distance to 43' Approve the new SP only certification mark Remove 44/375 ball from approved list for all aspect of the men's SP game EXCEPT Seniors (2014) Allows a mix of colored adult men's headgear as long as the colors are that...
  8. I

Playing Rules Committee Approvals

Approval by Play Rules Committee Please note: This is a tentative list as all must still be approved by General Council JO 14U Girls FP change pitching distance to 43' Approve the new SP only certification mark Remove 44/375 ball from approved list for all aspect of the men's SP game...
  9. I

Border Battle IV

Talking Heads are showing they are just as bad as those in FP They are talking about "chopping" the ball and the rule being removed. Well, dummies, guess what? It is still there, you just don't know what one looks like
  10. I

TeamUSA vs TeamUSA Futures on...

...ESPN2 now. Bad news is that they seem to have Beth Mowens announcing the game, so you may want to turn down the sound or risk destroying your TV
  11. I

ASA Latest Bat info from ASA

Here it is:
  12. I

2012 ASA 2K Events

Click HERE Listed below are the initial sites for the 2012 ASA 2K events: April 20-22 – Oklahoma City, Okla. – Combat Capital City Classic May 4-6 – Owatonna, Minn. – 33rd Annual Corky’s Earlybird Men’s Softball Classic May 5-6 – Portland, Ore. – Best of the Northwest May 5-6 –...
  13. I

ASA Is Really Screwed Now :)

New Commissioner in Minnesota Congratulations to Dan. The bad news is, now he has to behave himself.
  14. I

ASA Releases 2012 RPL

2012 ASA Restricted Player List
  15. I

New Bat Posts

Just out of curiousity, but with all the crap that is going on with the different organizations and change in the balls and possible new stamps in ASA and definitely in U-trip, why would anyone spend good money on a NEW bat that may only be good for a season?
  16. I

Any Force Out & Runs Scored

Most baseball/softball associations are in unison on the point of defining a Force Out and the Scoring of Runs. A "force out" occurs only when a runner loses the right to a base (forced to leave the base) because the batter became a batter-runner (BR). The "force" on the runner is...
  17. I

Official ASA Rule Changes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- These have been approved by the General Council Change Women's SP max fence distance to 300' All adult SP except Seniors move bases to 70' - effective in 2013 Men's adult SP except Seniors move...
  18. I

ASA Rule Changes Approved by the Rule Committee

Please note, these must still be approved by the General Council: Change Women's SP max fence distance to 300' All adult SP except Seniors move bases to 70' - effective in 2013 Men's adult SP except Seniors move bases to 70' Allow wooden bats made before 2000 to be legal without...
  19. I

2013 ASA Championship Awards

40over SP Mens Masters Withdrawn: Columbus, GA Gadsden, AL Ridgeland, MS South Bend, IN College Station, TX Dallas, TX Montgomery, AL wins with 59.5% of vote, $200 entry
  20. I

Notes From the ETCC Today

This is what I took away from this morning's meeting. Others may be able to add or comment on anything I missed. ETCC Bats & Balls Point made a few times was that the 52/300 is not the answer to everything. The early reports were not as positive as anticipated, but have improved as...