Search results

1. Prrebel

Winter World Qualifier in Phoenix on Nov 16-19

Heading back to Phoenix again next week for the winter-world qualifier. Had a blast there 3 yeas ago and really wanted to get back. New team name this year as we have registered as "Dooleys". Got to meet a few of you guys last time and was wondering if anyone on here will be playing in the...
  2. Prrebel

ASA Player position

the above, of course, only applies to league ball.
  3. Prrebel

ASA Player position

Thanks guys Thanks NDS... to me at position 10 would be an outfield position technically. Rusty, I thought it was bush league as well, as it underlies the gentleman's rule (and again you may consider it 'league shenanigans, that's fine) of giving the older, less skilled players a chance to...
  4. Prrebel

ASA Player position

Be nice now :) Our league has been going for 40 years with guys 35 - 80+, ranging in skill level from 1 to 10. Great fun league. Just one our by-laws that we will have to tidy up I guess.
  5. Prrebel

ASA Player position

Hey guys, I have a question with regards to a players position on the field. Not necessarily where he is playing, but what position he is considered to be playing. let me elaborate... I play in a league where an outfielder is not allowed to throw a runner out at first base. It began as a...
  6. Prrebel

I have been hearing from a couple of different people that you have to play in 3 tourneys before you can be re-ranked. Not sure but we will probably be looking into it. That said, after the "initial shock" of the fields, rock hard balls and senior bats, we were competitive in our last 4 games...
  7. Prrebel

Don't use them in Canada. shouldn't have said we didn't have any.... we borrowed a couple from a 55+ team that was down here a couple of years ago (Ultra II). Broke one of them a day before the tourney during some BP as we were trying to get used to the heat, the fields and the bats. We did...
  8. Prrebel

Had a great time in Phoenix. Got our asses handed to us the first couple of games. Thanks to Nicon Trucking for lending us a couple of bats for our 3rd game. we did not have any senior bats and it made quite the difference. Played great in our last 4 games, winning one to extend our stay...
  9. Prrebel

Better be in the 70's! Looking at snow falling this morning here. Been cold and wet for the last week or so with temps around 3-4 degrees (high 30's american :) ) See we get screwed on both the exchange rate and the temperature rate :( Can't wait to step on the plane Wednesday morning.
  10. Prrebel

Hey Mike. Hope to see you there. Cliff by the way..... #4
  11. Prrebel

Yip..... and our first game? You guessed it.... Team Joose :) Looks like we got tossed into the deep end with the sharks, and us without our waterwings. The problem we have is that it costs so much for us to travel. We have been fundraising for nearly 2 years for this trip and win or lose...
  12. Prrebel

I'm guessing we will be getting re-classed after our first game :)
  13. Prrebel

Maybe we will see you there!
  14. Prrebel

Winter Worlds Qualifier. Phoenix, Nov 19-22

After I found this out, we called and cancelled our trip. No way we are going to play if you're not there. As a matter of fact, half our team retired upon hearing the news. :D
  15. Prrebel

Hey guys Anyone here playing in the Winter World Qualifier in Phoenix on Nov 19-22? We are making our first trip to the US to play ball. We are a 40+ team (I'm the old guy at nearly 49), and because it is our first tourney south of the border, we are ranked in the "major" division. I know...
  16. Prrebel

Winter Worlds Qualifier. Phoenix, Nov 19-22

Hey guys Anyone here playing in the Winter World Qualifier in Phoenix on Nov 19-22? We are making our first trip to the US to play ball. We are a 40+ team (I'm the old guy at nearly 49), and because it is our first tourney south of the border, we are ranked in the "major" division. I...
  17. Prrebel

Metal bats......A thing of the past?

The league I play in only allow the 'Walmart Specials", which are supplied by the league. We do have a couple of 2 piece Worth bats, which are the best of the bunch, but everything has to be aluminium. Sad part is that when we play tourneys and can use the composites..... we have no idea how...
  18. Prrebel

Remember when?

Still use my OG Juggy. Love the "crack" sound from it.
  19. Prrebel

Some Sloppy BP

BP should be about quality, not quantity. BP is the time to work on mechanics and not neccessarly to hit as many balls as possible. Hit 20 balls, take a break and let the other guy hit 20. You will gain a lot more from 5, 20 ball sessions, then trying to hit 100 in one session. You see what...
  20. Prrebel

Canadian roll call

Could have been the 51st state, but you guys dropped the ball on that one. Checking in from Newfoundland