Search results

1. Chowder

please help with the asa usssa standards

From what I know, these new ASA only bats were designed for the new ASA ball, 52/300. Since Utrip still openly uses 2 different balls, 40/325 & 52/275, the manufactors new these new bats wouldn't pass the Utrip standards with the 40 cor ball.
  2. Chowder

Does this warrant an ejection?

Nothing to do with OP, but Cool Story Brah
  3. Chowder

1 and 1, no extra foul. Didn't want to put himself in the hole I suppose. Plus, throwing a ball in halfway thru an inning, while not a very common occurance, is generally not argued about around these parts....Untill now.
  4. Chowder

What team was it?
  5. Chowder

Team in the field. By 3.
  6. Chowder

There was 2 on and no outs, so yeah, it would have been a 3 run dinger. He wasn't the only guy on the team that could hit HR's, but after you hit your 2 HR's, it ends the inning on every HR after that. I guess they were thinking of doing what ever they could to save the HR's till the end of the...
  7. Chowder

NSA tournament. Bring your own ball tournament. (All we play in the south). Can use either 44/400 or 52/275 balls. Bottom of the 1st, hitting team is using 44 for 1st 3 batters then throws in a 52 for 4th hitter b/c they don't want to waste a mistake homerun early in the game. (2 HR then IEO)...
  8. Chowder

Tournament awards

It all depends on how many teams tournaments in your area normally get. I've seen tournaments give away $1000 to first, $300 to second, $150 to third on a $275 entry fee. The director made the rule that the tournament had to have at least 12 (put your own number here) teams to give that much...
  9. Chowder

How can a broken st100 be legal

Compression testing is not an accurate way of measuring the Bat Performance Factor of 1.20. I'm still wondering why they rely on it so much.
  10. Chowder

April 6 in Walterboro, SC

Make a better prize package for the Comp division. Take away some of the prize package from the lower div. You have to give them a reason to play up.
  11. Chowder

Ball recommendation?

Tattoo, X-rock, Evil....can't go wrong with any of these.
  12. Chowder

One piece vs Two piece

Pictures don't do this thread justice. That first pic is a Hammer and that second pic is a SP12ST100. Not a fair comparison. But i did enjoy the 2nd pic. But to answer your question, The last 5 bats I've had are Flex, Psycho SuperMax, SSR2, DC Psycho, and SP12ST100 and I smash, smash, SMASH...
  13. Chowder

Am I a masher?

6 year member with over 350 post. I'm not falling for this response.
  14. Chowder

Am I a masher?

1) It aint where it stoped rolling, it's where it landed. (i know you have that listed, but still) 2) All SBF'ers can hit it 400' so you're kinda bringing the average down. 3) 370' ain't bad, but nothing to brag about.
  15. Chowder

Field hockey turfs

Field Hockey is for chicks. How about lacrosse turfs?
  16. Chowder

Hottest utrip z

Does either of the Z1000's have the new stamp?
  17. Chowder

new stamp that feels like OG MV1

How about the new MV1? Never swung either, but it sounded like a good answer.
  18. Chowder

Demarini Stadium 2 or LS Z2000??

second the ST100
  19. Chowder

Pitchers

With the wind in your face, you should have thrown the knuckle all day. You'll get alot more dancing than normal.