Search results

1. scrub

This place used to be the bomb.

I don't even remember my shtick here. something to do with a horse head I guess
  2. scrub

I’m a right handed batter having issues hitting to left field.

Its okay to have a busted swing. Most people do and still manage to hit over .400
  3. scrub

Hitting up the Middle

most efficient out in softball is a 95+ mph line drive right back to the pitchers chest, errbody know dat. you'd think pitchers would thank hitters for making their job so easy like do I need to catch it for you too smh some people
  4. scrub

First Outdoor BP This Year

Did you remember to drink beer before stepping into the box? That's usually the key.
  5. scrub

How many home runs will you hit this year

As many as I god damn please So yeah, probably 7 or 8
  6. scrub

Shaved Bats a thing of the past

If you ever come across a known cheater in softball who has no wife, no children and drives a fancy sportscar, go easy on the guy. He has a micropenis and he's having trouble coping.
  7. scrub

slow pitch pitching speed ?

I've heard more than a few times that it's somewhere between 3 and 8 mph, depending on the point the person is trying to make.
  8. scrub

How do you keep your bad players engaged/happy?

Tell him you ran out of participation trophies
  9. scrub

Tourney softball is dumb

It stands to reason that some bigwig in the usssa organization had a younger brother with downs syndrome. Upon his birthday, he was told, "Anything you want, Jamey. It's yours. You name it and I will make it happen slugger!" So Jamey sat. And he thought. And he thought some more. Then voila! The...
  10. scrub

Who here swings shaved bats on the reg

I would never swing a shaver or a bat that would even come close to passing a compression test. Because I have selective integrity.
  11. scrub

Advice for young player starting USSSA tournament ball

don't make outs or errors.
  12. scrub

Throwing the hands

throw the hands, roll the wrists....I don't do any of that crap. I fire my hands violently through the zone.
  13. scrub

52/300 vs 44/375

They are fine to hit. Tricky little bitches to field off the first bounce or two though. I took a good throw to the base my skull with a 52 running the bases a few years back. Glad it wasn't a harder ball, felt closer like getting slammed in the head with a smaller soccer ball than a baseball.
  14. scrub

Making the switch to UTRIP

These guys are really over complicating things. What you want to do is first of all act like you're very important, make sure you get a colorful uniform that only a guy running a slowpitch softball team could think looks good, and most important thing is to complain about every strike call. Or...
  15. scrub

Pickup player horror stories

Picked this guy up, was really shy and whatnot so we asked where he plays he was like I dunno so we said well can you play OF he said I guess so since we run a 3 man outfield NO MATTER WHAT TAKE NO PRISONERS we stuck him in center guy is running around like a gazelle making diving catches all...
  16. scrub

Tournament Series Help

don't forget kissing all the right asses and not getting on the bad side of the shaved bat lobby :D
  17. scrub

Tournament Series Help

I always played because I liked softball, not sure how much more motivation there could be considering there is nothing else to gain. The idea of "gifts" in new england is a lol, directors would much sooner give up their wife or daughters butthole than put a single dollar back into the game
  18. scrub

What would you swing?

I switched from 27.5 JH120's for years to a 28 Catty to 30 oz ST100 (kind of by accident). Ended up sticking exclusively with the 30's for 2 years. Definite power gain, fell in love with being able to smash the ball like that but the tradeoff is there is less margin for error and my avg...
  19. scrub

Lending Bats...

"Never lend a bat to a man you're not prepared to punch in the face" - Harmon Killebrew
  20. scrub

Groin pull, Not so fast. Pay attention to the signs

Had surgery two weeks ago. I'll race you to full recovery :biggthumpup: