Search results

1. J

Beast Bag mods?

Thanks! Not so worried about it falling over, more folding over if I don't have bats in it. I think the Masonite should help that issue. Kind of disappointed in the way it was shipped.
  2. J

Beast Bag mods?

Does the bat separator help the bag stand up. Mine was shipped folded in half, so the plastic is deformed and it won't stand up. It just keeps folding over.
  3. J

For Trade 28oz L6 with receipt

I'm very interested, if you decide to sell.
  4. J

Other Sean

I'm smarter already today! I was always under the impression that you could not retreat at all, if forced. We had a church league game 2 weeks ago (self umping). And I called one of our guys out for this. 1st and 2nd, 1 out and a grounder to ss. The man from 2nd stopped and took 2 steps...
  5. J

NSA Umpire pay levels.

Not quite. Lol. But for $13/game we get umps who call, when a 3rd baseman and runner collide (fielder was going to field the ball), "pass interference". The umps can make the games games very interesting!
  6. J

NSA Umpire pay levels.

I looked into umping in the area that I play. Slow pitch, 1 ump pays $13/game. 4 games a night. Not worth the gas or the hassle.
  7. J

LTB Easton SP13 L8 27 or 28 oz ASA

Looking to buy a 27 or a 28 oz ASA SP13 L8. Or an L6.0 Willing to buy. Or I have a Freak 98 and/or Recoil that I am willing to trade. Thanks!
  8. J

LTB .52 300 BP Balls

Looking for some BP balls as our league has just switched to a different ball. We are using the Diamond Zulu .52 300. But I am interested in any brand of ball so we can practice. Thanks in advance!
  9. J

Softball burnout???

Managing is burning me out this year. I manage 2 nights a week and about 8 tournaments. I still love playing, but if someone wanted to take the clipboard, I'd give it up in a heartbeat.
  10. J

ASA substitution

In league I will bat everyone, because they took time to make it to the game and we only have 12 on our roster. Its been very rare that all 12 make every game. Tournaments are a different animal. I will always have an extra bench player, just for the reason you have stated above.
  11. J

3 and 1 count Swinging ????

This is a rule that is really different for every hitter. If you are a masher, this may be the best pitch you see, so swing away. Just dont pop up to the pitcher. If you are a singles guy with a good eye for the zone, let it go and make the pitcher drop 2 in a row. If you are somewhere in...
  12. J

Las Vegas?

Thanks guys! I'm really looking into the BLD tourney. That setup looks fantastic. And thanks for the heads up about the other tourneys also. I would like to do more than 2 and a BBQ, but as long as we can play competitive, I think we will be fine. I'm sure the weather in Vegas will be better...
  13. J

Las Vegas?

Hey guys, I have a class E team, pretty much a competitive beer league team. We are looking to have a team getaway, for lack of better words, sometime in fall/winter of 2013. Anyways, we are looking for a tournament in/near Las Vegas. So can anyone from the area recommend any tourneys or point...
  14. J

ASA Distracting the batter or baserunner

If I'm playing catcher, I will talk. I wont yell or scream, but I will say "nice pitch" or something to that effect. I will not say "ball", "strike", or "illegal". I also disagree with yelling @ the defense, because calling "I got it" or yelling what base to throw to may cause injuries. If I...
  15. J

I'm never letting myself coach third again...

I have to agree with this. Early in the game, before the 4th, send him. But late in the game, in this instance, not a good time to risk it. Nobody out, gain some momentum and put a rally together. You have just as much momentum if he's at 3rd as you do if he scores. But if he is thrown out, as...
  16. J

League fee's

14 game season. Top 6 in each division play a single elimination at the end. 1 ump per game. Sponsor fee- $185 Player fee- $27.50 in town $35 out of town Most players agree that fees could be increased to cover 2 umps, but the rec Dept doesn't agree. Most umps get $15/ game, which I wouldn't...
  17. J

LTB ASA Tattoo balls

asa.........
  18. J

LTB ASA Tattoo balls

Does it matter if they are new or used? I have a bucket full. They were required in league last year, but we are back to trumps this year. Most are only 1 game old.
  19. J

When You See Something You Sold For Sale

I wouldn't be as much mad, moreso disappointed. If I wanted to sell the item for the most money I'd go to eghey. But if I had something I wasn't using anymore (softball related) I'd bring it here and take less to give someone else a break. I think it's more to the point that if too many people...
  20. J

When You See Something You Sold For Sale

From a buyers standpoint it sucks also. I dont have a lot of money for softball related items. (3 kids will drain that fund pretty quick). So I look for a lot of stuff on here used and hope to get a good price. When some people take advantage of that to flip for a profit, it makes the sellers...