Search results

1. P

Incoming! Look Out!

I put my GoPro on the backstop for a game a couple weeks ago, set it to take pics at 1 sec intervals, and let it run all game. After the game, I looked through, and found this pic of a come-backer I sent back at pitcher when he threw yet another outside pitch, and I decided to swing at it...
  2. P

So, I was "That Guy" again... :{

Caught another team swinging illegal stick again (Easton SCN2 Synergy CNT in my other ASA League). Not a re-issue, either. Had ISF stamp on it. Hot as ****, and so I decided to pick it up and check it out (I pitch)... Yup. Called it out. 3 runs nullified. Batter out. Inning ended. Their...
  3. P

Finally! My turn to take "The Jog"! #ROI #brag

Hit my first Out-of-Park HR EVER in 15 years of softball this weekend (hit that damn fence dozens of times)! FINALLY!!! It. Felt. Real. Good. A 3-Run Lazer (just)over Right-Center fence. About 280'. Didn't think it had the legs... and then... yes! :D Been going to gym & taking BP on the...
  4. P

Ugh... 1st Game of the Season, and I'm THAT GUY Already... sigh

Short story long, I play in a pretty competitive Co-Ed ASA league here in VT. Plenty of people who know what's up and ASA vs USSSA & our rules. Played a team tonight in a close back-forth game... until we collapsed in T7 (errors & hot hits by other team)... but something made me go "Hmmmm"...
  5. P

Bombs Away! DIY Batting Cage for $70!

I took some old tent poles from old, unused tents. Assembled them into approx. 25' arcs. I stood those 4 arcs into an overlapping architecture, joined at intersections with a little duct-tape. 12-feet around at the opening and about 15-feet deep. I hung a $70 soccer net from Amazon over...
  6. P

Great SBF Store Bag Deal I'd Recommend...

http://www.softballfans.com/shop/2010-Easton-Stinger-Bag.html Bought one of these a couple weeks back. SOOOOOO worth the sale price (and really the regular price). :) Bomber construction/zippers/stiching. Tons of room for everything (Seriously, I can fill this thing with gear until it...
  7. P

Shot Middle on Girl Pitcher Last Night... Oops.

Playing ASA Modified last night (yeah, I know, but nobody reads that board, and this is where all the "Hitting Middle" -threads live). Girl pitcher who is pretty good and throws low & hard (50-60 MPH). She would not give me a nice pitch - Everything low & outside. So, I scooped out the...
  8. P

OK, I admit it, I am getting old... Seeking Advice on Starting Senior League

I am 43, and playing Co-Ed for 10+ years. I would like to play with all guys (constant girl issues are getting old), but do not think I could deal with all the immature (and faster) 20-somethings there (God, was I THAT F'n annoying?!?!? I suppose so...). So, I have been thinking about senior...
  9. P

We need a "Hot Girl in My Co-Ed League" -thread

A little early here still (3 weeks until games), but this could be an entertaining/interesting discussion. While we all aren't lucky enough to have one on our team, good chance there are 1-2 in your league worth sharing. Phones make it so easy to share! Another team had this girl sub...
  10. P

What is the best ASA Bat DEAL in the SBF store?

OK. I know y'All hate the "what bat is best?" -threads... but this one is a little different, and supports this forum. I am looking at finally dropping a little $ and getting a nice, new composite bomber. I also want to help to support SBF and this valuable(and fun) resource (SBF Forum)...
  11. P

On the topic of team sposorships/deductions...

I am self-employed/own my own biz (Web Dev/Marketing), and am thinking of sponsoring our team this year (never had one before), IF I can write it off as deductable expense (like my office/mileage is). My wife/accountant thinks this may be deductable at this level. Wondering... * Any one else...
  12. P

Need some decent girls, finding none, so trying Craig's List...

Any one else ever try this for recruiting players (Man, I should have thought that title through more)? Worried it will bring out the kooks, so tried to lay it out to prevent that. Maybe this will get us a couple Lady Gamers, maybe not. Worth a shot... Like with most co-ed rec, girls...
  13. P

Modified Pitching Noob Looking for Tips

So, I joined a co-ed team in a U-Trip modified league recently (I play 2x week in another ASA Slow-Pitch league, where I pitch full-time). They are pretty bad (Last in league - Work team that is more concerned with people playing than winning, but that's OK. Been there...). I did not even...
  14. P

Well, that was a pleasant surprise...

Went to go to a practice with my other team (co-ed weekend team that needs work), and only 4 people showed. :( Turns out field next to us was having a charity game (for Breast Cancer) and one of the teams needed some players (they made the other team look good). Game was against a radio...
  15. P

Hot Glove is The Bomb

Got a new Nike Air Barrage Glove. Pretty soft, but not that soft. Bought a can of Hot Glove from D|ck's (after reading some web reviews, with the bad ones generally being from dummies not following directions). Tried it 1x. Pretty soft. Workd the glove vigorously each time & with ball...
  16. P

ASA Is it obstruction if a bat interferes with play at plate?

Game other night had me going to plate to make catch in a close play on someone stretching from 3rd to home (I pitch and female catcher backs up when play to home). As I approached plate, with my head up looking for the incoming throw, I stepped on the unseen bat left in base path by the...
  17. P

ASA Are Fast Pitch Bats Legal in Slow-Pitch?

I would have thought not, but just saw in another thread that they are (or someone thinks they are). Seems odd. Are FP bats less lively? Assume it has an ASA stamp on it, but then also says Fast Pitch. GTG?