Search results

1. S

Infield Fly & Interference

Saw this today and thought it was interesting. If I understand it right, IFF was called but the runner interfered with the 1B before the ball was determined to be fair or foul. I was not sure about this part but the closest runner home is called out because of the interference. After the...
  2. S

'13 AM Broken, need to find a replacement

I think I finally broke my 13 Aftermath (Black and Gold). Looking to replace it but didn't want to spend $300 to get the '19. I also don't play much any more and from what I've read the Demarini's take longer to break in than some others. I can get a Monsta Heart Warrior local for $150, '14...
  3. S

ASA Look Back Rule

Situation runner on 3rd base goes 1/4 way down the baseline after the pitch and stops there. Catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher inside the circle. The runner 1/4 way down the baseline does not move. The pitcher then throws the ball to 3rd base and the runner breaks for home. Should...
  4. S

Other Question about fastpitch pitching motion

We use NFHS rules. One of the pitchers on our team started to rock back, then forward, and then rocked back again before starting her delivery. There was a large shift of weight and the motion looked awkward but her feet stayed in place and did not lift. The rules I have only mention "that...
  5. S

NFHS Softball Rules Changes - 2018

6-1-2b: The pitcher may now step back with the non-pivot foot at any time prior to the start of the pitch. Rationale: This is a change to assist the developing pitcher. I saw this rule change and was looking for some clarification. Does this mean that the non-pivot foot no longer needs to be...
  6. S

Question about glove size 12U

My daughter is 12, 5'5" and has what I'd consider avg size hands for her height. She plays 3B and SS when she is not pitching. Someone local has a 13" Mizuno MVP 1308P that is pretty much new for $30. It seemed like a good deal but 13" seems pretty big to me but I'm more used to baseball...
  7. S

Any Batter hit by pitch that bounces in front of plate

This is a question for fastpitch softball. If the pitch bounces in front of the plate and hits the batter, are they awarded first base? Does the rule differ depending on which association? Thought I knew but was finding some conflicting info when searching. Thanks
  8. S

Help picking bat for 11 year old, found a few local options

I know next to nothing about fastpitch bats and was looking around locally for some used bats for my daughter. She is 5'1" so was looking for something around 32". If that sounds like the right size, I've found a TPS CATALYST FPC205 32/22 Easton SCN8b 32/22 Demarini CF4...
  9. S

ASA Fastpitch pitching rule question

I'm helping out coaching my daughters 3rd grade team and one of the pitchers on our team will do 2-3 rotations before throwing the ball when pitching. I thought this was probably against the rules but when trying to look it up, the rule I found said no more than two revolutions with her arm...
  10. S

This just a paint crack or something worse? Combat Wanted ASA

Was going to sell this bat to a local guy when I noticed this. I think it is just paint but want to be sure before selling it. Thanks
  11. S

For Sale Demarini DoubleWall Distance 2000 28 oz metal

Pre Wilson Demarini DoubleWall Distance. Bats in good shape. No dents or waves. $60 shipped.
  12. S

For Sale 28 oz Voltage SB73V

I purchased this here a few years back. There is a cleat mark on it that the guy I got it from sanded the paint away from to show that it was not a crack. He went way overboard on it and removed all of the paint from the area. I used it in a few tournaments after I got it and it preformed great...
  13. S

Price Check 28 OZ Voltage SB73V

I purchased this here a few years back. There is a cleat mark on it that the guy I got it from sanded the paint away from to show that it was not a crack. He went way overboard on it and removed all of the paint from the area. I used it in a few tournaments after I got it and it preformed great.
  14. S

For Sale OG EXTENDED SCX3 28 oz

BAT HAS BEEN TRADED TO Deezsalty THANKS No rattles and no webbing. Fields around here are limestone and tend to scratch up bats. Should have a ton of life yet.
  15. S

Price Check EXTENDED SCX3 28 oz

How much would this go for? Thanks
  16. S

For Sale ASA 28 oz Green Catty SB206 Catalyst

I purchased off a board member last year but never ended up using it since I got a good deal on a SCX3. I added about 20-30 bp hits on it since then. I can add/send more pics if needed. I'm asking $120 shipped. Thanks SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD Thanks
  17. S

ASA Dropped ball on tag at the plate not caused by the runner

We have a league rule that if a runner does not slide and the catcher drops the ball the runner is out but I was wondering what the call here would be if this was not the case. Throw from the outfield got by the catcher and the base runner on third went home. The pitcher runs toward the plate...
  18. S

For Sale 2000 DeMarini Doublewall and Worth EST5 Supercell (Gold)

2000 DeMarini Doublewall and Worth EST5 Supercell Old Metal Both bats are in good shape with no dents or waves. I weighed both on a scale at the post office since they are missing the weight stickers and the DDW was 28.3 oz and the Worth was 30.4 oz. Neither have been recertified. Please let...
  19. S

Price Check 2000 EST5 (supercell) - GOLD

No dents or waves and seems to be in good shape. Not recertified. The weight sticker was missing but weighed about 30 oz on a USPS scale. Thanks
  20. S

Voltage paint or composite crack?

I think it looks like paint but I'm not sure. I only have the pics to go by. Thanks