Search results

1. A

40-team Labor Day Tournament - Janesville WI

Annual 40-team Labor Day tournament in Janesville Dawson Softball Fields - D/E/rec/church teams ONLY - $185 entry fee - Four game guarantee - 2 pool games/four 10-team double elim brackets - 6'-10' arc, ASA bats, 44/375 balls - Get 3 HRs/Buy 3 $5 apiece per game - 1 courtesy runner per...
  2. A

44-team Labor Day Weekend - Janesville, WI

About half full with teams coming in every day.
  3. A

44-team Labor Day Weekend - Janesville, WI

Sept 4/5/6 Dawson Fields - Janesville, WI 4 diamonds D/E/Rec teams ONLY $185 entry fee 4-game guarantee (2 pool games, then double elim brackets) ASA rules (bat list) 3 HRs given; purchase 3 more max at $5 apiece 44 teams maximum (will fill up) Deadline to enter is August 28th Payouts based on...
  4. A

ASA Double hit (or a carry in raquetball)

Good thing is I've been playing ball with most of these clowns for the last 15 years....so hopefully I won't get questioned too hard on it. At least I have a rule to cite. Thanks for the help!
  5. A

Happened so fast I didn't SEE it hit twice, but my ears don't deceive me. It hit the bat twice, quickly. Guy dug up the rule book and looks like a foul ball given the circumstances and where he was in the box.
  6. A

Umping last night. Runner on first. Nobody out (maybe 1). Runner on 1st. Batter swings and I distinctly hear the ball hit the twice in QUICK succession. Playing racquetball it sounds VERY much like a carry where it hits low and then high. Punches it through the ride side for a weak hit...
  7. A

Best 44/375 ball for tournament

This is a tournament of mostly average players. But the puniest guy was bombing the 44/400s 320 feet. So I gotta try something. Even if I can save two dozen balls....that's a victory. Appreciate the reply though.
  8. A

I struggle with this every year. Been using 44/400 NSA balls....but losing far too many because the park borders on woods/water for 3 of the 4 diamonds. Deciding to go back to old ASA standard 44/375. Home runs generate money for the charity...so still want them hit to a degree. What's the best...
  9. A

I struggle with this every year. Been using 44/400 NSA balls....but losing far too many because the park borders on woods/water for 3 of the 4 diamonds. Deciding to go back to old ASA standard 44/375. Home runs generate money for the charity...so still want them hit to a degree. What's the best...
  10. A

44-team Labor Day weekend charity tournament

August 29,30,31 Dawson Softball Complex Janesville, WI $185 entry fee 4 games guaranteed 44 teams max 15 team payout ASA bat list 44/400 balls provided Home plate ump provided Beer tent proceeds to local youth sports charity Food available for purchase No carry-ins...
  11. A

Ball question

Looking to recommend a good ball for league play and tournaments. No association standard necessary. Just something good that holds up and can fly....without putting the pitcher in TOO much peril. Used Baden Lexum .44/400's the last few years for big Labor Day tournament and have held up...
  12. A

105.9 The Hog/ESPN1380 Labor Day Weekend - Janesville, WI (40 or more teams)

We provide .44/400 NSA balls. Fly pretty damn well. 5 per pool game (2) for HRs...then depends on your bracket.
  13. A

105.9 The Hog/ESPN1380 Labor Day Weekend - Janesville, WI (40 or more teams)

It's one of, if not THE, biggest tournament in Wisconsin! We had 40 teams last year and still had to turn teams away...so this year we're going for more! The basics: Friday night (8/30) thru Sunday afternoon (9/1) $185 entry fee 4-game guarantee 13 team payout (based on 40...
  14. A

Labor Day Tournament - Milton, WI

ONE SPOT AVAILABLE! One of our teams dropped out with six days to go. Contact Josh at 608-289-6783 ASAP to get in!
  15. A

One more week to sign up! Bump please! Teams in the tournament thus far: Cooper's Coins Time-Out Devil Horns Kaos Diamond Ted's Pillars Pub/Cousins J Amundson Construction Tobin's Kids Pop's Majikstix Wolf Pack Goex Zoxx Biohazard 708 ANGI Energy Popple Hill Taxidermy Badger Wash/Sonny's...
  16. A

Bump up to the top, please. Getting close.
  17. A

Slow pitch tourney balls

I'm new to actually organizing/running a tournament. Our radio stations are putting on a 32-team Labor Day weekend event at a park that hosts several holiday tournaments. They're used to playing with a Worth .44/375 poly core ball. A client of ours is trying to push his "Evil" balls. Same...
  18. A

ONE SPOT AVAILABLE! One of our teams dropped out with six days left. Contact Josh ASAP at 608-289-6783 to enter! 105.9 The Hog/ESPN 1380 Labor Day Charity Softball Tournament Schilberg Park - Milton, WI September 3rd, 4th, 5th (rain date will be 6th) $175 entry 4 games minimum 32 teams...