Search results

1. T

ASA Ball damage

Is this ball ok to play in ASA? If not, what rule would apply?
  2. T

ASA Forfeit Called

Here is the situation ASA Coed. Team had turned in their line up with 6 guys and 6 girls. Bottom of 1st inning, 2 outs, scorekeeper calls umpire over and tells him that the home team has 12 on their lineup but only 11 players. Girl had to leave just before game started due to family emergency...
  3. T

Anarchists Secret Santa

Anybody interested in reviving the Anarchists Secret Santa????
  4. T

Z2000 What is it worth

Any other info needed to give me a idea?? Let me know 26 oz ASA end load returnable, no receipt used primarily by girls on a coed league team Thanks for any help Pics should be here
  5. T

Rec League Uniform Requirements

Our local city Rec League uniform requirements are: All players must have similar color shirts with permanent numbers on the back. Dark blue and light blue are not similar colors. This means sewn on or press on numbers (no tape or drawn on numbers). A player will not be allowed to play without a...
  6. T

Team shirts

Need suggestions for where to get shirts done at reasonable price and within reasonable time. I already have a pic of the design, just need it put on shirts with numbers. Need them by Feb 23. Thanks
  7. T

Team shirts

Need suggestions for where to get shirts done at reasonable price and within reasonable time. I already have the design, just need it put on shirts with numbers. Need them by Feb 23. Thanks
  8. T

LTB Rocketflex

LTB Rocketflex in 26 or 27 oz anybody got one they would want to turn loose of?
  9. T

ASA Starting out of batter's box

Would like to get a clarification on batter starting with one foot out of batter's box. If i remember correctly, the umpire should not allow the pitcher to deliver the pitch while the batter has a foot out of the batter's box. Is this correct? If the umpire does allow the pitcher to deliver...
  10. T

LTB Miken Freak DST SPDSTA Orange Barrel

looking to buy a Miken Freak DST SPDSTA with the Orange Barrel let me know if you have one you would like to sell thanks
  11. T

ASA umpire test

A while back, someone had posted what I am going to call an Umpire Certification Test, probably not the correct term there. Is there somewhere I could get a copy of it? Thanks
  12. T

ASA Was this the correct call??

This is probably more for the more experienced umpires. Batter hits line drive to left field, seeing it hit the left fielders glove he turns to go back to dugout on 3rd base side. Ball hits left fielders glove and comes out immediately. Base coaches holler at Batter-runner to get back on...
  13. T

ASA 52/300 balls

Our league is changing to the 52/300 balls this year. Is this spec for the 12 inch balls only? Or does it apply to 11 inch balls as well? Thanks.
  14. T

ASA Is there ANY way to possibly fix this???

This is going to be a long one, so please bear with me to get all the details in. Visiting team batting in top of 1st inning. Line up was turned in with 11 batters listed. 5th batter pulls muscle going to 1st base, and asks to be replaced. League does not allow courtesy runners or anything...
  15. T

ASA Proper call??

Was watching game before ours on league night, and here is what happened. Runner on 1B, 2 outs after flyout to left field. Defense decides to change pitchers. Asks for time from field umpire, which was granted. While they were in process of pitcher and left fielder changing positions, the...
  16. T

Pearland, TX area

Young guy that I met at a tournament this weekend is moving to the Pearland area, and will be looking for a team to play with. He said he prefers hardball but would play softball. He played in a couple games that i was umpiring, and seemed to be pretty good. He was playing shortstop and got to...
  17. T

ASA Runner hit by ball

Situation: Runner on 3B, standing behind the bag (outfield side of the bag) with lead foot on the bag. Batter hits grounder down the line, hits the bag, bounces up and hits the runner who has not moved and is still on the bag, ball then goes into foul territory. After the ball hits the runner...
  18. T

ASA Glove on throwing hand

Is it legal for any fielder, other than the pitcher, to wear a batting glove, or for that matter, any type of glove on the throwing hand? If it is not legal, could you reference the rule covering such? or the rule covering it, if it is legal. Thanks
  19. T

ASA Close play at 1st

Ball is hit between 1st and 2nd, 1b man starts to go for it, then realizes 2b will get to it. 1b man goes back to 1st base while looking for throw from 2b, puts foot pretty much in middle of bag (single bag, not double bag). Batter/runner steps on 1b man foot, never touching the bag. A...
  20. T

ipad scorekeeping apps

what have you used?? and how well do they work?? and any other pertinent info would be appreciated. thanks