Search results

1. Hiltz

Hard cores are ruining USSSA softball

Our league is going back to Classic+ and wood bats this year, I'm actually looking forward to playing again.
  2. Hiltz

Under the radar bats

Black Magic 30's sold out within days of getting released in Canada, Freak Savage 30's were gone in about a week. I've seen a few Black Magics on American sites but once you factor in exchange and $50 shipping from some places... My Wraith showed up in the mail today, weighs 30.6oz with...
  3. Hiltz

Under the radar bats

Genesis bats are by far the most commonly used locally. Under SPN Canada rules we're hitting .52/275 exclusively and I've yet to see one with a paint seam.
  4. Hiltz

Trail shoe?

They're not super light or breathable because they're built solid with thick, heavy midsole cushioning. They have mesh panels but they're small. All the reviews I read before I bought them said they're among the most stable trail runners and are great for heavy guys. The most common complaint...
  5. Hiltz

Who's getting the Hartling 2.0?

I miss the simpler times when you bought a new Easton and just hit 2000 Stadiums as hard as you could.
  6. Hiltz

Who's getting the Hartling 2.0?

Composite is made from two components, carbon fibre/fibreglass and resin. As bats break in, the resin breaks down and starts losing its bond with the fibres, allowing them to flex more. If you start hitting 100% with hard balls, you can crack the fibres before the resin has a chance to break...
  7. Hiltz

Under the radar bats

Is it actually good? I just bought a 2022 Wraith off eBay for cheap because I wanted a 30oz new stamp, I know nothing about the bat though.
  8. Hiltz

Trail shoe?

I got a pair of Brooks Cascadia 16's last year, they're golden if you like a roomy toebox and heavy cushioning.
  9. Hiltz

23 Shannon Smith Krecher 12.5 inch barrel

I got the Miken equivalent (Freak 9R) and it's the one of the weirdest feeling bats I've ever swung. Nice crack on contact but the barrel feels absolutely dead. Then you look up and the ball's going farther than it does with just about any other bat I've ever swung.
  10. Hiltz

Wilson Blonde vs Vintage Tan

I can speak for blonde gloves in general; they only stay purty if you don't use them. If you don't mind the stained palm, well used look (I don't), then they're a viable option.
  11. Hiltz

USSSA Defensive/pitching alignment question

Softball is all about misplaced rage. Played a team once that had girls at 3b, 2b, and P. They wanted to fight us for "hitting at their girls on purpose". 🤔
  12. Hiltz

Infinity Tech

Or just buy a bat on sale for $99-$150 in the off-season and replace it when it's pooched.
  13. Hiltz

Easton Tantrum line up

Apparently the 1-piece isn't available up here in Canada, guys are spending mortgage payments to get them shipped up. And we only hit .52/275 Hot Dots, bats don't even make a noticeable difference. Meanwhile I'm still chugging along with my 2012 Salvo Comp100 that I bought for $20. :cool:
  14. Hiltz

Easton Tantrum line up

I'm just waiting for the "first batch" rumours and dummies paying $500 for "OG" Tantrums...
  15. Hiltz

Split Welting

^^^This. MLB players are millionaires who get free gloves, they generally don't care about a glove holding shape for 5+ seasons.
  16. Hiltz

Split Welting

You can speak for me in this case, split welting all the way. Don't tell my wife, but I prefer functionality and durability over looks.
  17. Hiltz

Easton Tantrum line up

Hot bats but don't even think about them passing compression. Most reviews have them failing quickly or even when brand new.
  18. Hiltz

Split Welting

Split welting is either a strip of leather or a synthetic material sewn in so its rough edge is facing out. It's generally thicker than rolled welting, has a fuzzy appearance, and adds to the structure and stiffness of the fingers. Rolled welting is made with very thin leather that is folded...
  19. Hiltz

23 primo 14 inch barrel maxload

Are you talking about the black and teal model? They're super cheap in Canada right now, everyone is on the Genesis/Tantrum bandwagon. I was thinking about getting one but they weren't getting rave reviews.
  20. Hiltz

Dudley Thunder ZN hard core Pro M

The .52 was designed for, and adopted by ASA. I'm pretty sure USSSA stayed clear just to be different and not look like they were following ASA's lead. Here in Canada everything is SPN (Slopitch National) rules. We use USSSA bats with .52/275 balls. There is no shortage of homeruns and you can...