Search results

1. joeytown008

New stamp miken bats

For all the Miken swingers out there: What new stamped Miken bat is most like the MV-3?
  2. joeytown008

Most underhanded things you've seen at tournies?

Played in a tournament this weekend that had men's, co-ed and women's. Waiting to see who we played in the 'ship for coed, (Quick rule overview. You can not be on 2 rosters in the same division but can play men's/coed or women's/coed. Open ended substitution and you are allowed to collapse...
  3. joeytown008

USSSA Non routine Double Play

Scenario, bases loaded 1 out, batter hits a ball to shortstop who touches second then throws to 3rd and tags out the runner going to third. My question is: does the run count because it was no longer a force play for the final out or does that not have any bearing?
  4. joeytown008

USSSA Thrown ball hitting a runner, then going out of play

Situation, runner on first, ball is hit to left field, BR1 goes from 1st to 3rd and as he slides into 3rd ball hits the runner and goes out of play. What is the rule when a ball is being thrown from the outfield to 3rd and hits the runner and goes out of play? Do the runners advance?
  5. joeytown008

Current ASA bats and the New Utrip stamp

I searched but couldn't find anything on it. A teammate asked me the other day if the current ASA bats that won't have the new Utrip stamp are going to be legal come 2013. Anybody know the answer to this?
  6. joeytown008

USSSA Infield fly rule

I know this has to be the most questioned call as far as interprepations but i have a question that i couldn't find through the search. When can a runner legally advance? Is it as soon as infield fly is called or once the catch is made? This has been debated by players because it's been...
  7. joeytown008

In honor of Friday's not top ten on sportscenter

I had one last night. I was hitting, 1 down runner on 1st and i hit an easy dp ball to 3rd as i'm trying to hustle out of the box there was a sniper in the woods in left field and i face plant in the batters box taking my first step. The 3rd basemen proceeds to throw the ball into right field...
  8. joeytown008

USSSA Two questions

I know there is a answer for tne first one but i couldnt find it in the search. Is a first base mitt only allowed to be used at first base? Our pitcher uses one and was told he could o longer use it after 4 innings. Ca someone please tell me where i can find the rule in the utrip book...
  9. joeytown008

USSSA is this protestable?

ncasaump, or any of the other umps here, i need clarification on how this should have played out. Playing in a tournament saturday and we go into extra innings, ump says 'international rules will be applied, last out goes to 2nd with no outs' so i ask isnt it one out and last out at at 2nd...
  10. joeytown008

Help

I've been seeing threads about the best turf shoe and all that but this one will be a little different. I play SS and when I am ranging for balls that I have to move from either side to get to I tend drag the back foot until I get the ball. I don't know if it's a balance thing or what but I go...
  11. joeytown008

NIW Red Demarini Evo AX

Looking for a 26 oz. Mine broke lsat tournament of the season. If you got one or know where to get one shoot me a PM! Thanks guys!
  12. joeytown008

Any Tie goes to the runner?

Is there such a thing? I say you either beat out the throw or the throw beats you. What do you guys think?
  13. joeytown008

Any Scorebook issue

So 2 weekends ago we were playing in a tournament. In the championship game top of the 5th the team we played against told Red that they scored 4 runs, we play the bottom of the 5th, the 6th inning and the top of the 7th inning, as we they were going out to take the field in the bottom of the...