Search results

1. C

For Sale Fun Softball Bats

PM Sent
  2. C

2019 Excuses thread..........

If all my HR hitters hadn't moved away, we'd hit a lot more HRs.
  3. C

Batter catches ball pitched

I figured this was the answer with stealing, but I have never seen it called in my league. Do the runners have to be trying to steal for the call to be made?
  4. C

Offline throws

Is this true for all slowpitch associations? I knew it was for ASA, but I thought u-trip had the thrown ball exception in their rules. Was that removed?
  5. C

USSSA Bat usage

That L3 is an ASA only bat. I have one. Lots of the ASA leagues let you use USSSA bats, but Utrip doesn't normally allow ASA only bats. So, yeah, do as Joker says and find out the stamp requirement for the league.
  6. C

Evil FuseTech

It's ruining a lot more than softball
  7. C

Evil FuseTech

It's not simple for you and the other manufacturers, but it's simple for the LDs, they just say "No NX3, No Evils, No Rocks, etc." My league wanted to ban the NX3s and there are accounts on these forums about no Rocks, Evils, etc. There are some challenged people out there that say things like...
  8. C

Knob Cuffs Legal ?

Is he banning tape too? You could make a taper with layers of tape and see what he does. Or just completely tape over your cuff and tell him it is layers of tape. Or since he doesn't know what a knob cuff is, just tell him, "nah, that's not a knob cuff, that's a conical grip enhancer. I have...
  9. C

ASA Coed, safety base odd call

OK. Got it. Do you guys have some kind of rule of thumb on deciding how close the play has to be or the runner's actions before calling interference on a subsequent play? For example, a few weeks ago, my third baseman catches a throw from the outfield and makes a tag on the runner advancing...
  10. C

ASA Coed, safety base odd call

Are y'all calling this interference because the batter/runner was already out at the time of the collision? I thought in ASA the fielder was only protected on batted balls. I know we can't have open season and just truck a fielder, but several conversations here have centered around a catcher...
  11. C

ASA Umpire interference?

Those situations listed involve the umpire interfering with a fielder. In OP, umpire impeded a runner. Same rules apply or is there something else for "umpire obstruction?" Can that even exist?
  12. C

ASA Another ball thrown onto field during play

Makes sense. Thanks
  13. C

ASA Another ball thrown onto field during play

I thought I read this here once, but I cannot find it. Probably applies to any association as well. Foul ball hit out of play (ball #1). Play resumes with new ball (ball #2). Batter hits ball #2 to outfield fence. As the batter/runner is rounding 2nd base and heading to 3rd, someone...
  14. C

ASA 52/300 Poll

Does something like this come into play in your decision making for any of you guys? Where I play, we hit what we bring and the grass seems to always be wet. So, any of the non-leather balls are slick and makes the throws from OF iffy. We currently use leather Evils, but it is time to buy...
  15. C

Other Chase Utley's slide at 2nd

I understand that. That wasn't my question. I am asking what keeps an infielder near the bag from falling down like a basketball player claiming they got hit when the runners foot slipped past the bag and what kind of leeway, if any, the umpires have in making that call? Yes, if the play...
  16. C

Other Chase Utley's slide at 2nd

How much room does the umpire have for judgement there? I could see a runner sliding properly and overshooting the base. Especially on the fields around here. I get that you have to enforce the rule regardless of intent or else you open up a lot of "oh I just missed/overshot" arguments. But...
  17. C

Any Fielder runs into runner on base path

In the following related situation, what would be the rule? ASA with stealing. When I play 1B, if there is a runner on first, I will play even with the bag or maybe a step back so if the ball is hit to me, I can make a play on the runner and then touch 1B for the double-play. If the ball is...
  18. C

The Real Budfest

Seems weird to bump you after the brackets are already drawn
  19. C

The Real Budfest

CS still offers the 2HR division, but no one signs up anymore so no one signs up anymore.
  20. C

The Real Budfest

Just found out I am free now on Friday night. So I'll throw my hat out there for any of the 35+ teams that need a last minute player.