Search results

1. CatchersSB#31

ELO-B fan, what next?

So clearly I'm looking for a ***y H-web, and I've narrowed it down to a 1799 or a 303. I'm worried about a 1799 since I wear a medium batting glove. But I'm also thinking a 303 won't form as deep of a pocket, and I love the deep pocket on an ELO. How deep does the pocket of a 303 get? Thanks.
  2. CatchersSB#31

Can someone explain to me...

what is the deal with Combat making both a Wanted ASA and a Wanted 275? I play ASA. ASA softball exclusively uses the 52. 275/300 ball, so you'd think you'd want to buy the Wanted 275. But if you play ASA, and the word here lately is ASA-only bats are hotter in ASA than multi-assoc bats, why...
  3. CatchersSB#31

Just got our new S&L jerseys in...

and they look BADASS!!! The only thing is that they seem to run a bit small, I'm worried about a couple teammates who went with Medium. Besides that, Joe took great care of me, got the jerseys in under 2 weeks after payment placed. Awesome quality! FRONT: BACK:
  4. CatchersSB#31

Louisville Slugger American Crafted Series

Looks like they're made by Insignia for LS. meh...:rolleyes: thoughts? The 12.75 trap looks cool, but also a bit flimsy.
  5. CatchersSB#31

Help with losing ball in lights

Tonight I played a 7pm game where in the first inning a hot liner was hit to center between me (RC) and LC. I made up the ground to my right and a couple millisecs before the catch I just plain lose it in the lights! I played it where I thought it would be but the ball ended up hitting off my...
  6. CatchersSB#31

Mizuno Glove codes

inside my glove it is stamped "CM1008". Just wondering what the code means, and if you can tell date made or factory made-in by the code? Thanks!
  7. CatchersSB#31

SRV4b is the truth!

Took it out of the wrapper today and put about 100 hits on it, the bat is smokin'! Right out of the wrapper it was hitting piss-rockets and although distance isn't quite there yet (although I've never hit a HR in my life), the sweetspot size and pop is ridiculous. It's out-hitting my buddys 200...
  8. CatchersSB#31

Salvo Comp 2013 break in

So it looks like the $300 2013 Easton line is hot out of the wrapper, but what about the new Salvo Comp? Does this need traditional break in time since it is a purely IMX barrel, or is it gtg? I'm still trying to get my new WR SRV5 ready for the season with the little free time I have...
  9. CatchersSB#31

Clear coat on bats

Cleaned off the tons of ball marks on my CV12 tonight with the brillo side of a sponge...took the clear coat right off.:eek: My question is, is the shiny coat just aesthetics, or is it a protectant for the paint job and should I now expect the paint to come off throughout the season? Can't...
  10. CatchersSB#31

The "metal" 2013 Salvo line

Anyone interested in trying any of the 2013 Salvos other than the Comp 98? I just fell in love with my black and yellow CV12, but thinking the Salvo Multi-wall would be a sweet pickup as they're basically the same bat. :p
  11. CatchersSB#31

What would you guys do in this situation?

During BP yesterday my SRV5 Salvo's endcap cracked from one side to the other. It's only a hairline crack, barely noticeable, but it is there. The bat still hits fine, and the warranty is up in 2 months. Keep swinging it, or call Easton and see what they can do for me? I've never returned...
  12. CatchersSB#31

Break in time = Quality of glove?

I had an interesting conversation the other day with some teammates. I made the generalized statement that, the longer the break in, the better the leather and better the quality of the glove. Most teammates don't give a hoot about leather :confused:, so they thought I was just talking out of my...
  13. CatchersSB#31

League switching to Trump 52/275 balls?

so I just bought a new bat, Demarini 2011 F3 DW (D*cks exclusive). Will this work well with the lower compression? Would I like a White Steel better? :confused: Anyone hit these balls before? What should one expect? I figured the lower compression would allow me to shy away from the more...
  14. CatchersSB#31

DeMarini F3 DW bat?????

D*CK'S exclusive. Just saw it in the magazine that came today, checked it out online. ANyone seen these in person or know much about them? Guessing they're typical "store exclusive" garbage...but who knows.:rolleyes: