Search results

1. NO_MAAM

Team Websites

Wondering what everyones using for there teams website (pros & cons)? Teamzone sports, league lineup, team snap or just facebook. Would prefer free but it looks like you get what you pay for. Thanks!
  2. NO_MAAM

Team Insurance

Starting a travel team and was wondering what the standard is for team insurance. Seems that most of the carry a supplemental policy and others just require players have there own individual coverage. What is the avarage cost for supplemental coverage and which provider do some of your teams...
  3. NO_MAAM

Pitching Philosophies

I'm puzzled as to why coaches are so set on the fast arm striaght up follow through wrist snap. My 10yr old started with coaches who's focus was the fast arm but it didn't take me long to notice problems with this. They are so set on fast arm/fast ball they forget about the legs which to me is...
  4. NO_MAAM

Club/Travel Ball 12U ?

Questions to ask when searhing for a Club Ball Team for a 10yr old (11 end of yr) Tournaments a month? Out of State Tournaments? Practices a week & locations? How many on rosters? Does the head coach have a child on team? Cost: Down & per month? How many players returning from...
  5. NO_MAAM

Bat Size ?

10 yr old D switched this spring to a Miken MV3 32" 22oz with mixed results. But i'm guessing the MV3 is closer to 24oz?? Prior 2 seasons she used a Halo 31" 19oz and hit everything. She's 5'3" 100lb. What size is are some of your kids swinging?? Thanks
  6. NO_MAAM

Other Opposing coach comments to player??

10U LL fastpitch game. My pitcher is crusing threw the game up by 4 in the 2nd inning she hits a batter in leg that was crowding the plate. As the first base coach walks by my pitcher to check on his player he says " you hit her everytime". and said something else under his breath. My pitcher...
  7. NO_MAAM

Any Batter hit by pitch over the plate?

During a college game a batter was hit in the arm by a pitch which she made no attempt to avoid. Announcers explained any ball pitched between the batters boxes must be avoided by the batter but if the ball was pitched within the area of the batters box the batter doesn't need to avoid...
  8. NO_MAAM

ASA Player HP Out of Batters Box

A batter standing with front toe almost on the plate is hit by a pitch whats the rule?? Keep in mind the inside lines of the box are almost all gone from multiple games played. Our coaching staff almost got ejected for a parent in the stands saying " naturally she's going to get hit standing...
  9. NO_MAAM

Vicious end cap?

Wife picked up a Vicious from garage sale. End Cap is rounded at edge and has M with bar through it like F98 All my other Mikens have dimpled end cap that says Miken in M. I pulled weight sticker metal rod is there. Is this a replacement End Cap???????
  10. NO_MAAM

USSSA Senior Bat in Utrip League?

Witnessed a player swing a Senior Bat in League. Not against my team. If an Ump doesn't recognize this or refuses to do anything and someone was to get hurt could't the Ump be held liable?
  11. NO_MAAM

10U using grip n rip?

my 10yr old wants a Grip N Rip on her bat. She has the hand size and strength. Any girls using them in 10U - 12U fast pitch?
  12. NO_MAAM

Any 10U LL Strike Zone??

League tells Umpires to have a generous or expanded strike zone to encourage the younger pitchers. I've asked umps prior to each game whats there zone and have yet to get a clear answer. The umps change the zone inning to inning, team to team or even batter to batter. Chin to Knees for the...
  13. NO_MAAM

LL to Club Ball Age?

What age is best to move on from local little league to club/travel ball? My DD just turned 10 and is one of the best players in her league. I think she needs to play against better competition so she can continue to improve.
  14. NO_MAAM

League Won't Enforce Bat Rules??

80% of the mens teams in my utrip league swing shaved bats. Hit twice this season by idiots with no bat control swinging shaved bats. I asked a league official and he said there's no way to test the bats. Played in ASA City Rec leagues if blue suspects a bat of being shaved it's gone...
  15. NO_MAAM

Bunting & Signs 10U ??

A felow coach would like our girls to Bunt & Learn Base Running Signs. It's a little league 10U team with girls 8-10 half of witch played coach pitch last season. My feeling is when it comes to bunting the girls need to feel comfortable in the box and know how to swing the bat before they ever...
  16. NO_MAAM

When League Umps Allow Shaved Bats

Prior to our league game I mention to the ump the team we're about to play swings glass. He replies "nothing I can do" I told him I understand there's not much umps in our league can do but this team usually makes it obvious based on there lack of skill. 2nd batter in goes middle I get tip of...
  17. NO_MAAM

Little League All Star Teams?

Was told by many via the rumor mill that the liitle league All Star Teams are based on politics not performance. Has anyone else experienced the joke they call league all star teams? Our league let every girl try out for all stars during a 1 hr evalution clinic which included soft toss...
  18. NO_MAAM

Techfire Rage ??

Picked up a Mizuno Techfire Rage 27oz has ASA 2000 stamp. Looks like a 2003. Price check ?? Unknown number of hits but i guess less than 10. Was there paint issues when these came out? Has one spot that shows webbing and a crack in clear i think. See Pics! Thanks
  19. NO_MAAM

Other Batter Interference 10U Fastpitch

Since last fall all umpires in our league have made it known that a batter that stands in the box when there's a play at home on a passed ball (runner trying to score from 3rd and pitcher covering home) will be batter Interference and the runner will be called out. First couple games of season...
  20. NO_MAAM

Sliding @ home 10u? Call reversed.

Our league says they don't have to slide unless there's a play at home. Last season my D scored but didn't slide, catcher was aprox 5' down baseline toward 3rd. Catcher dropped ball on play. Other coach went crazy said she was supposed to slide. Official said he'd keep an eye on plays at the...