Search results

1. stang7222

New Evil BP rocket review

@Bobbybuggs was kind enough to send me some .52 bp balls to demo. I haven't hit them off of live pitching yet but I did hit them off the tee this afternoon. I was hitting with a Suncoast Melee 3 I threw in a few well used Tatoo USA .52 275 and some almost brand new Baden Fire Classic Ms for...
  2. stang7222

Stang's running thread

I'm sure nobody cares but this thread is to show my training for a race in October. Keeping this updated might help me stay motivated and maybe help others to get motivated too. Quick bullet points: • I used to be an avid runner but life and injuries have gotten in the way the last decade. •...
  3. stang7222

Where do you play?

It seems like everyone on this board is a pitcher. What is your primary position? Do you have a second position you can play respectably? I'm 3B primarily anymore but can still run the OF pretty well.
  4. stang7222

Bat shopping

I'm on the market for a USSSA bat and I'm torn on what to get. I'm leaning towards 1 of 3 bats but can't decide. I'm of course open to a bat not listed. 1: Monsta Kinetic. I have swung a few USA monstas and love em. 2: Anarchy Nitrous. Only bc Anarchy bats are supposed to be fire and the...
  5. stang7222

Usssa worlds

Who's going this year? What class are you playing?
  6. stang7222

USSSA A few odd ball plays this weekend

No questions really, just some observations from USSSA States this weekend. 1) Lefty batter is up, runner on first is standing on the orange safety base, not at all touching the white base. After the pitch, the umpire takes it upon himself to call deadball and call runner out for not being on...
  7. stang7222

Umpire Equipment

Not necessarily softball related but I got roped into umpiring for the local little league 3 days a week. I have no gear and don't want to break the bank on gear bc I'm not sure I'm even going to want to do this again in the future. What do I need? What's decent for a fair price? What's too...
  8. stang7222

I should be ashamed

I'm playing LF in a 3 man OF. CF is on the right side of 2nd. Fly ball hit in the LC gap. We both go for it and the CF makes the catch. As I'm walking/very light jog back to LF I hear the crack of the bat so I look up for a second or two and see a high fly ball to shallow LF near the line...
  9. stang7222

ASA Ball hits bag

Line drive hit the 3b bag without hitting the ground, bounces towards home plate and goes foul. Ruling?
  10. stang7222

ASA modified

My first time ever playing modified... I'm playing 1b and playing in front of the bag bc of the whole leading upon release thing. A pop up is hit behind me and as I drift back I bump into the base runner (not on the base) it does obstruct my path to the ball but I can still make the play...
  11. stang7222

carbs and cals

Let's me know if my math is correct or if I'm just oversimplifying some complex chemistry. If you were to eat 25g of carbs before a run in which you burn 450 calories, does that mean your body first uses the 100 calories from the carbs before burning body fat for the remainder of the run...
  12. stang7222

ASA metal spikes

I pointed out that the 3B for the other team was wearing metal. The umpire refused to do anything about it. He told me to bring it up with the director and I said no "I'm bringing it up with you." So, what would you have done? Is it a dead ball out if he hits it while wearing metal? I'm...
  13. stang7222

For Sale may98 and 2013 JH reload

SOLD a 28oz may98. not made in USA, Worth on taper. 7 serial #. Still stiff, minor webbing, little end cap wear. still has tons of life left in it. $135 shipped.SOLD TRADED a 2013 JH Reload (the pink and black one) 27.5oz. Returnable with receipt good til 2/5/14. slight diagonal webbing...
  14. stang7222

streaming tonight's game

Any links streaming tonight's game other than thefirstrow.eu?
  15. stang7222

bat confiscated.

My teammate went and blasted a pitcher with my OG Booger this morning. The P left the game and didn't re-enter (he was ok). The LD took my bat and the ball. What are the procedures going forward and how long til i get my bat back? Is there potential that my bat will be destroyed?
  16. stang7222

price check

all 34/24
  17. stang7222

price check

28oz SCX3 about 300 hits.
  18. stang7222

For Sale 27oz RI Booger

27oz RI Booger. Returnable, no receipt. about 500 hits. text for pics (609)548-4492 $100 shipped
  19. stang7222

weaksauce

This is the weakest brag thread of all time. Especially since it has next to nothing to do with me... Both MLB ROY in 2012 will be from South Jersey. Eat it North Jersey and the other 49 States, Canada, DR, PR, Venezuela, Panama, Japan...........
  20. stang7222

LTB 2012 XL 30oz

LTB 30oz Mayhem XL 2012 (the black one) NIW or used in decent shape. Non retrunable is fine.