Search results

1. KSW

By special request more about Terry, the best slopitch hitter to ever play the game

You're not gonna find Terry. He went back to his old job.
  2. KSW

Sponsorship Letter

Would like a copy as well. Definitely need the help. Thanks. [email protected]
  3. KSW

wtf is an extender knob?

The 90* angle from knob to handle issue has been addressed and changed by the ASA for play beginning in 2010. Tapers and such are legal (thank God). If you're playing ASA and your umps are telling you that bats still have to be 90* from knob to handle, then either that's a local rule amendment...
  4. KSW

Johnson City Tournaments

Seems like it's died down quite a bit everywhere out there. I remember when you had full league slates at Cloud, Heritage and Fordtown in Kingsport, plus games in Riverview, and that's on top of everything that was going on at Rotary Park and Winged Deer in JC (not to mention Bristol). Now...
  5. KSW

Johnson City Tournaments

Sad. I used to ump out there several years ago. I remember when they had the ASA Men's A Nationals and a number of other huge tournaments out there for years. I hate to see that softball has declined so much back home. Seems like they hardly have any big tourneys in the Tri Cities like they used...
  6. KSW

Near death softball experiences?

Back when I was coaching my command's team when I was in the Navy, we were taking some BP and one of our heavy hitters came up. Kid played baseball all his life and man he could hit some screamers. Never enough lift to hit it out but he hit some of the hardest pissiles I've ever seen to this...
  7. KSW

so lets see your your team in action

I love seeing a girl play ball in jorts. I can just imagine the meth lab she's got cookin' up in the dugout. *sigh* seriously though, looks like I'ma have to break out the ol' Think Tank roller and show you happy snappers what's up with a camera. Just wish I would have "liberated" that 400mm...
  8. KSW

Glove suggestions, 2nd base?

Same situation for me here. I've been playing with 14" gloves for as long as I remember. Always loved the extra coverage it gave me. Now that I've moved to the middle infield, it's just too ***bersome. Missed out on turning a couple of DPs because I had to dig around to find the ball. Sounds...
  9. KSW

Tournaments?

http://www.carolinansa.com/adult/2011Men.htm http://www.playtnnsa.com/contacts.php - since you're in Banner Elk, you can contact some of the folks over the mountains in Johnson City and east Tennessee. I know southeast and central TN have some huge tourneys. My hometown (Kingsport) has a...
  10. KSW

Hells yeah!!!

Haha. Played ball with Culver out in Norfolk before he transferred and I deployed. I was the token sailor on our sucky MARFORCOM team. Good times though, and met a bunch of damn good Devil Dogs.
  11. KSW

glove padding

Ditto on the Palmgard protective gloves. I've played first base with them for years and swear by them. Can't imagine going to the field without mine.
  12. KSW

Sbf members give back to the military

As a former Navy sailor, I'm all for the idea of donating to help out our military softball brethren. A word of caution though, make sure that you're not risking getting any servicemember in trouble by giving. There are rules and protocols in place (though I don't know exactly what they are)...
  13. KSW

Lord7 vs Warpath

Warm apple pie shine > peach shine. It's not even close. Don't know where to get the good stuff back home anymore though. Local supplier burned his restaurant down and skipped town with insurance money b/c the feds were about to throw the book at him. Sucks. Stuff was like candy, but by God it...
  14. KSW

shoulder bursitis

Same thing here, but I did mine in 15 years ago and I'm still dealing with it. Cortisone stopped working for me after the first year. If you can get it fixed, get it fixed. Otherwise it's the ol' adapt and overcome, because it won't heal itself. In the meantime, ibuprofen and extra time spent...
  15. KSW

Besides your bat, glove, batting glove and shoes..

Crack cocaine > Biofreeze. IJS.
  16. KSW

rain is killing this years softball season so far.

We've been rained out two weeks in a row and it's not looking good for this week either. Seems like the rain is the only thing keeping us from getting slaughter ruled.
  17. KSW

Hey, saw the bat decals. Good idea there. If you need any graphics help let me know. Not looking...

Hey, saw the bat decals. Good idea there. If you need any graphics help let me know. Not looking to get paid, just offering some assistance to a shipmate. I'm running full Adobe CS (inDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and I'm unemployed, so we both win. You get free help and I get something...
  18. KSW

Batting Average!

http://www.angelfire.com/sd/slopitch/legends.html Here's a list of some of the greatest players of all time and their career stats (at least during their heydays). BAs ranged from the .600s to a few low .800s. Figured it'd be a good reference point for this discussion. Obviously it's not been...
  19. KSW

It's not bad out here. Living out here in suck-ass MO with the in-laws for now. First place I've...

It's not bad out here. Living out here in suck-ass MO with the in-laws for now. First place I've found that made me miss Virginia. If my wife didn't have a good gig at the V.A. I'd push to go somewhere else. At least I can use my GI Bill to get my degree in sports mgmt @ Mizzou while I'm here...
  20. KSW

Holy **** dude, I didn't know you were on here. I thought I was the only numbnuts softball...

Holy **** dude, I didn't know you were on here. I thought I was the only numbnuts softball junkie I knew on here. Wish I was still back in VA so I could play with you guys. Teams out here suck. Kris