Search results

1. W

Pitchers: I believe I found the perfect shin guards...

Easton M7 catchers shin guards...They're cheap (~$65), comfortable, fit my entire leg and ankle (6'4"), easily fit under my pants, I have no trouble running in them, and they're very stout. I did cut off the top two sections of the 3 part knee for comfort and running ability. (Knee is still...
  2. W

Just snagged a classic Mizuno!

'03 Techfire Rage 27oz that has been in a buddy's garage unused for 10 years? 40 bucks? I'm happy...haven't hit it yet, but just bouncing the ball off the barrel it doesn't even seem to be evenly broken in yet...more of a novelty bat, but I'm gonna swing it when I can
  3. W

Anybody still rockin' a black/yellow craze?

I'm still beating the hell out of mine, I estimated 5,000 swings maybe 2 years ago. I use it all the time still as a bp bat and when it's allowed in games, it was a team bat on a few league teams for 3 years, swung in temps under 40*, and it just won't let up. Best part is I only gave $50 for...
  4. W

True One stinging hands?

Finally got out and hit some bp with my brand new '14 One and this thing was stinging the hell out of my hands if I missed the tiny little sweet spot by a hair...I'm new to these Demarinis (other than my old DDW Distance in the garage) and just wondering if this is normal on a brand new One? It...
  5. W

Looking at a '14 ONE...few questions

How does this bat handle harder balls? .44/400? Does it really open up and get as hot as I've been reading? I'm kinda between this and a '14 CL22, but do like the larger barrell on the ONE. Any input? Any ASA only bat is out of the question
  6. W

Fed up with supplied bats...

Both parks I play league at locally have went to supplied BJ Fulk Mayhems, not a bad bat, but my gripe is the knob feels huge, obviously the thick stock grip is intact, and I can't tape it like I'm used to...I prefer an endloaded bat, knobcuff, hockey tape, pine tar, and batting gloves...I'm all...
  7. W

Looking for decent, stock pants

I'm looking for a pair of pants that look and fit like custom ones but without going the custom route as the rest of my team is not interested, all I can find is bland looking traditional style pants from the big manufacturers, I really wish they would bring back the worth toxic pants...any...
  8. W

Broomball shin guards

I'm looking to order some because the more I think about it, its not worth getting drilled and missing work, I'm trying to decide to get the hard plastic ones or the other ones with the fabric on the outside, any input? Also does anybody have pictures with them under pants? How do they fit...
  9. W

Confused about Blackouts...

Which one is better? White or Black? These new association stamps have me confused, I do not play ASA at all. I know the old standards, Utrip was always better but I thought the new ASA standards allowed a hotter bat. I'm looking for something to throw in my bag since my Craze is pushing...
  10. W

Horrible day at the plate...what gives?

Played 3 games today, had maybe 2 clean hits that were ground balls through the hole...I'm usually a pretty good hitter, can go to all fields and do hit for some power but today was a fiasco...felt like I've never played before, I was hitting lazy fly balls and easy rollers mostly all at the...
  11. W

Worth Legit 13.5 vs 14.0

Looking for a new glove, I pitch so I want something that takes up some real estate up the middle. I don't want a cheap floppy glove nor do I want to pay much more than $150. I think I've narrowed it down to the Worth Legit, just wondering if I should go with the 13.5 or 14. I like the web on...
  12. W

Roster question

Long story short, I was picked up to pitch for a team in a local ASA tourney and the manager decided to put me on their USSSA roster without me knowing, I just happened to find out when I was browsing around the internet the other day (I have not played any USSSA events with them)...another team...
  13. W

Worth pitchers helmet repair help

So the adjustment system on my helmet is coming loose out of the foam, the barbed teeth and glue aren't holding anymore and it needs to be fixed...should I try to reglue the teeth back in? Any certain glues? I know some adhesives might eat styrofoam...any other fixes?
  14. W

ASA Lineup error question...

Tournament game the other day, long story short, the other team turns in their lineup card to the umpire with 11 batters listed and they proceed to bat 12, our scorekeeper caught the error in the 3rd inning and we brought it to the umpires attention, both umpires and both managers went in and...
  15. W

Dog whizzed on my bat bag!

So I notice a strange smell when I grabbed my bag to leave the other night and sure enough, dog urine...some of it seeped through and got my turfs, glove, and batting gloves all stanky...at least it didn't get my pitching helmet....I went out and hosed my bag out, used some dish soap and the...
  16. W

Another shaved bat thread...what can be done?

I'm not here to blame getting beat because of the other teams shaved bats, but long story short...Tuesday night beer league at a local township park, non sanctioned league...a certain team swings at least 3 or 4 shaved bats, they openly talk about it, umpires know, and even the LD knows about...
  17. W

Need help finding Worth Pitchers Helmet

My friend saw mine and is looking to order one for himself asap, but it seems everyone is on backorder until July, and we all know a ball to the face won't wait until stock is replenished...so does anyone know anywhere that might have one in stock?
  18. W

Johnny Cueto with another gem

Didn't get the W but pitched 7 scoreless...now has a 1.12ERA and a 4-0 record...let's hope he keeps it up Aroldis Chapman pitched the 8th, got the W to go 3-0 and struck out 2 including making Rickie Weeks look like a clown with 100-100-101mph strikes...still has yet to give up a run in...
  19. W

ASA position switching clarification needed

The other night I stayed after my game to play with another team, we were batting 11 guys, and I was in the 11th spot being a sub and all...I also sat the bench the first inning on defense...the pitcher couldn't throw a strike so I went in and took the mound the rest of the game, and the...
  20. W

nyone else love when the defense shifts on them?

Im a big left hander and teams always over shift when i come up, I guess ive got a reputation of being a hard pull hitter locally, so I just love when I look out left and theres nobody there...just tonight I knew the 3rd baseman on the other team and hes yelling "all pull..." so I sent a rocket...