Search results

1. mike leonard

Guess I Misunderstood "Diesel"

I did. Awesome bat!
  2. mike leonard

Guess I Misunderstood "Diesel"

Thank you for telling me that. I was torn between the Smash and the Diesel and went with the Smash. Noticeably thin handle feels like all the weight is on the end. Haven’t swung it yet, hopefully this weekend. From the sounds of it glad I picked this one.
  3. mike leonard

Leaving the overlap grip behind

I’ve been using the overlap grip since the early 90s, I drop 2 fingers under the bat for extra leverage. It makes that 34” bat into a 35 or 36” bat. As far as grips go you should do what is comfortable for you. Pick one and stick with it, You have enough to think about at the plate like are...
  4. mike leonard

Worst bat of 2018?

Definatly the JH LS. Cracked the 2nd time I took it out. I really don't want to deal with LS returns they suck. Maybe I will turn it into a lamp.
  5. mike leonard

Softball Fans FireFlex SMU

Sounds great I'm ready to preorder.
  6. mike leonard

Softball Fans FireFlex SMU

I vote for 12.5 and 1 oz endload. The Helmer Blue I have feels almost balanced with 1 oz endload. As far as name how about SBF Criminal Flex, or Sharknado Flex?
  7. mike leonard

What Easton bat would you want them to remake?

Scn 15bh LV1 yellow
  8. mike leonard

New Jeff Hall Bat

I debated buying the Hall 1000. The last LS I owned was a Z 2000 and it cracked in 30-40 swings. LS did not accept my return because they said I didn't buy it from an authorized dealer, I bought it from a guy at a tournament. Anyway got a deal from SBF so that problem should be eliminated. It...
  9. mike leonard

Price Check NIW 2017 *** Mayhem

I have one in the wrapper and one I've swung. It hits great but as stated by others my Hall Legit hits great too. This bat has 1 thing others don't. It has a 12 or 12.5 inch barrel and a full oz endload. Hard to find that combo these days.
  10. mike leonard

Honey badger don't care...

Hit mine Friday and Saturday with my BP partner. I want to qualify a few things before I start. I like endloaded bats more than a balanced one, but I was very curious about this one. Friday swinging this bat I was very unimpressed. I had a time just getting used to this one, but I put about 40...
  11. mike leonard

Thoughts??

Will this also be ISA approved?
  12. mike leonard

2017 Easton Helmer Flex Review

A little of everything, 44's, classic Ms, and 52s.
  13. mike leonard

Haven't called yet, will get a day off next week and call then.
  14. mike leonard

Mine cracked about 600 swings in. Had it a little over a week and South Alabama has not been cold. I don't remember the last time I cracked an Easton since I am a few months from 60. I am going to call Easton and see if it will count against me.
  15. mike leonard

Nighthawk experts

I agree with that, my Flex is pretty good but that Nighthawk seems like it has a tad more giddy-up on it. Just don't want it blowing up in my hands at BP. I want it to blow up hitting and stand and watch grand slam.
  16. mike leonard

Nighthawk experts

I have a question for Nighthawk experts. I mostly swing Eastons so swinging bats in BP is not a problem, but recently got a Nighthawk. I probably have 500 swings on it now and it is smoking hot. Do I put it up now and game only or are these durable enough to keep swinging? Just looking to see...
  17. mike leonard

My thoughts on the Utrip Juggy

I got a ovl Juggy Utrip, it has 150-170 swings on it now and hit it directly against my InsaneU. Besides the obvious 28 oz vs 28.5 oz, the Juggy was flexy and the insane was more stiff. SBF has a great members price on the Juggy while the other place knocked off $25. Distance wise they are...
  18. mike leonard

2016 Limited Release Helmer Flex ASA & USSSA

Nice swings. Mine has about 200 on it and hitting very nice. I also have a 28 and the big question is how is it holding up with 600 + swings? In your opinion could it go another 600 or is it ready to blow at any time, because that is about a Miken/Worth limit for me.
  19. mike leonard

Just hit mine again today and wow am I impressed with it. I love the feel of hitting this bat and it will hang with anything in my bag distance wise. Speed through the infield is awesome. I have over 200 swings on it now and it is smoking. Like I said I have a bag with 4 bats in it and the...
  20. mike leonard

Utrip Helmer Flex