Search results

1. mike leonard

Nighthawk experts

I have a question for Nighthawk experts. I mostly swing Eastons so swinging bats in BP is not a problem, but recently got a Nighthawk. I probably have 500 swings on it now and it is smoking hot. Do I put it up now and game only or are these durable enough to keep swinging? Just looking to see...
  2. mike leonard

2 Piece SIS Salvo vs. ASP SBE

I got a great deal on these both NIW. The Salvo was $169.99 with free shipping. The SBE was $130 with $12 shipping so a slight price victory to the SBE. Both are IMX technology, both are 28oz. The Salvo is 3 oz endload and the SBE says it is Stealth load, which I think means 1 oz but I am sure...
  3. mike leonard

Just wondering Torque related

Every thread I see everyone tapes their spinning handle so it won't spin. Personally I use an overlap grip so as far as I can tell the handle has never come into play for me. Does everyone who uses an overlap grip tape the handle up, and if so is there a reason for it? I'm pretty lazy and I like...
  4. mike leonard

Been a couple of years since I bought a new Easton

I just got a new Easton Utrip Realtree from SBF. Great price and fast delivery, now that I have that plug out of the way, the last bat I bought was an LV1 in 2013. My problem is I am not sure what to do with the bar codes? I have 1 on the handle and 1 on the taper, do I leave both on the bat...
  5. mike leonard

L1 and 100H

I am wondering why you can find the L1 a lot cheaper than the 100H, and yes I own both and I prefer the L 1. Performance is about the same on both, so I was wondering if the price difference is because of the warranty difference, which I have not had to use on any Easton product in a while.
  6. mike leonard

Delimma

I had heard from a number of people on here that the J2U is a really good bat, at the time I had a first batch juggy that was just unbelievable. I got 2 J2's, I put one up in the closet and hit the other. The bat was ok, certainly not up to my Juggy, but I had heard that they take about 1000...
  7. mike leonard

Got my new L5 today

A friend of mine plays on a team that won these in a tournament last week and they are not big fans of Easton, but he knew that I liked them and offered me a 28 oz. for $125. I figured for that money if nothing else I could beat it up in bp. To get a perspective on what I like, I think that the...
  8. mike leonard

For Trade 28oz. J2

28 oz. J2 U with less than 100 swings on it, I am looking for a 28 oz. OG Stadium. Good bat but I like endloaded bats.
  9. mike leonard

L5 vs 18BH

A friend of mine has a NIW L5 that he is selling me for a tremendous price. I have swung a friends 18BH and liked it so I was wondering how this bat compares. Sweetspot, distance, durability etc... thanks for your help.
  10. mike leonard

For Sale Bats for Sale

For Sale: The 2 Tanks that crank: 28 oz. OG Easton Synergy + unknown # of hits but I do believe that there are plenty still left, and made in the U.S.A; the other tank that cranks is an OG Catalyst 29 oz. unknown # of hits but again plenty left $115. 28 oz. Dan Smith Combat, about 100 swings on...
  11. mike leonard

Got to hit the Corndog yesterday

Good bat! I like the composite handle on it, since most wood bats break at the handle Demarini should have solved that problem. The hard Maple barrel feels good hitting the ball. Good distance and solid line drives with the bat, this is one bat I will not worry about being a team bat in my wood...
  12. mike leonard

For Trade 28 oz. VX2 U

Looking to trade my VX2 U without the new stamp for a 28 oz. OG Stadium in good shape. The VX2 is in good shape, the OG owner said he put 100 swings on it and I have put about 75 or so. Bat hits great but swings light to me. Can put pictures up later when I get home.
  13. mike leonard

Stadium 2 died last night

That thing could not keep the ball in the yard last night, 2 line drive Hr's that got out so fast it was ridiculous. Then as I was walking back to the dugout I felt it, a crack, so I have a couple of questions. What is Demarini giving as a return on a stadium 2? How is the durability on...
  14. mike leonard

For Sale/Trade 28 oz. Easton L4

I have a 50 swing 28 oz. Easton L4 that I would like to sale or trade, don't play enough ASA to warrant me keeping it. Would trade for a CL22 Stadium 28 or 30 oz.
  15. mike leonard

For Sale 5 Bats

Looking to sale these five bats. Will sale all five for $600.00 shipped. All bats are used and do not have the new stamp on them. Great deal for a team that needs some bats. The Freak + is a NR and a 30 oz. The Catalyst is a 29 oz., The other 3, the Dan Smith Combat, the Synergy+, and the...
  16. mike leonard

Corn Dog

Just got my new Corn Dog, 30.0 on the nose, I am ready for wood bat league now.
  17. mike leonard

VX2 and Stadium 2

I have a question that I hope some experts can help me with, I have a Stadium 2 that I put about 150 swings on, decent bat but not an upper tier one. I just got a VX2 and put about 50 swings on it and I am very impressed with it. My question, and if I am reading some of these posts correctly, if...
  18. mike leonard

Need advice on a VX2 U

I just ordered a VX2 U (older model without the stamp) and was wondering how it compares to the J2? How long does it take to break in? Thinking about trying it out Wednesday night in League but would like to know what to expect. Thanks for any help.
  19. mike leonard

Which Triad?

My Golden Triad is on fire, can anyone tell me if the For the Fallen Triad is better, same or worse. I know the graphics are better.
  20. mike leonard

Look what came today

I will be hitting this in about an hour. First time posting pics.