Search results

1. Dysfunctional

Too old for outfield?

36 here, tall and lanky, play outfield and one of the fastest on the team. Don't feel like a train hit me days after games. I do also ride mountain bikes 40-50mi a week. I've tried all sorts of workout programs and I never stick with them.
  2. Dysfunctional

Thoughts on slumping

I stopped reading this board so much... been hitting much better... it's really easy to get in your own head ;)
  3. Dysfunctional

Hitting Oppo!

OP you are probably "coil'n up" on those outside pitches, that gets your hips into the swing = more power. When you try to pull, sounds like your timing is off, no lower body behind the swing. Let the ball get deeeeeep... good things happen :D
  4. Dysfunctional

Wood bat break-in...

It's not...
  5. Dysfunctional

son is playing first year of player pitch and looking of suggestions on

That and teach/work with him on learning whats a ball and what's a strike. When I pitch to my son, we always keep a count. Last season I had my son swing some 20yr old alum tank for bp and then swing his half/half louisville in games.The kids on his team last year that could hit bombs... all...
  6. Dysfunctional

Need help

Video of yourself? I look like an epileptic spider monkey when I throw left handed... good luck!
  7. Dysfunctional

Converting to OF -- arm question

I play a lot of left and left center on my teams. I have a decent arm... but not a superstar arm. I make up for it by getting to the ball fast, getting rid of it fast and throwing level... to the cutoff. One thing about keeping a level throw, it's much harder for the opponent to judge how hard...
  8. Dysfunctional

Anyone else hate Dad coming to games?

I think you have some under-lying issue with your father. Maybe you should address it so you can both enjoy the time together. I wish my dad could make it to more of my games and my kids games, but he lives out of state. I can't believe you are upset that he is at your games. As a kid my...
  9. Dysfunctional

Is This Acceptable?

Definitely not cool. Dealt with this on my team. A past player who used to run things started coming out and trying to run things again. Changing the batting lineup all around, subbing guys around when he hadn't even seen them play. He pulled me out of LF and the sub he put there missed a can of...
  10. Dysfunctional

Team in a slump

Slump Buster... for the team! :D
  11. Dysfunctional

Why "shift" and always yell "hook"...

I hate it too... like I can't see well enough to tell a guy is gonna bat left handed from the outfield. Our right fielder is the worst with calling out hook hook hook. However there is one lefty in our league the over shift works on. We play FOUR right fielders against this guy and he still...
  12. Dysfunctional

What's a good 13" glove for around 75-100$?

I got a pretty sweet Mizuno in that price range. Anyhow, I like having a new glove that won't last 30years... some think you are new and can't catch the ball. They would be wrong. :)
  13. Dysfunctional

Pink Failure Cap co-ed Rules

Do it and be sure to report back how this works out for ya! lmao
  14. Dysfunctional

What positions do you hate filling in for?

For softball definitely Pitcher. Been there, just don't like it and I only do it when I *have to* Other than that, I always do my best when asked to play any position. When I was just a kid all the way through High School all I ever got to play was Pitcher and Catcher. I'm pretty sure if I...
  15. Dysfunctional

Opinion on proper etiquette using another mans bat?

1) Why do some guys show up with no bat? I know a few good ball players that spend thousands on bowling and golf but will not buy a bat?! Tell dude go buy a bat? Hey you can use mine? Other? Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free? 2) The guy who swings his bat, and then puts the...
  16. Dysfunctional

Place the ball, or swing away?

Just starting out? Hit the ball hard and keep it down, put the pressure on the defense to make good plays. On the side I would start with some tee work. Practice hitting to all fields with the ball in all the different scenarios... hi/low in/out etc. Learn where the ball needs to be, to hit it...
  17. Dysfunctional

Why do players cheat in softball?

Cause mommy/daddy/early baseball coaches never taught them to know any better. I hate some of the coaches in my son's league... I just want to go over and knock them the **** out for teaching kids the wrong way to ball. It's sad how much of an epidemic it is.
  18. Dysfunctional

WTF is wrong with me!!!???

Wear a pink batting helmet... you'll laugh at yourself along with everyone else and RELAX. It's 90% mental and you're in your own head. You need to find something that gets you to relax come game time.
  19. Dysfunctional

first time re-gripping my bat

Yes I don't have the most badassed bats out there, sorry. But someone did try to take one of the Evo's before...