Search results

1. nike33kjk

Official Last Bat 2024

Funny...as I get older, I have a hard time hearing....
  2. nike33kjk

Where do you play?

Started at 15 playing the "rover" position...unheard of today. Then right field, over to primary left fielder. Now at 54, (playing with some grandkids of who I started with) getting put back to right field and catcher. Played very little at first base (lefty). Left-center on my senior team.
  3. nike33kjk

Stuck at Catcher

Well...you could always throw heaters back to the pitcher to showcase the arm? ;) It's senior ball so someone is going to pull a hammy and need to get replaced. (been there)
  4. nike33kjk

Axe Slowpitch Flared Knob Dual Stamp

I never understood those Axe handle bats because you would be able to rotate it to break it in. Then somewhere I read that the "limiter" inside (or maybe wall thickness?) is specifically made to be a one-side impact zone. So it may be that the backside would be hotter. Just awkward to swing?
  5. nike33kjk

Bat manufacturers??

For some companies, the parts are manufactured in china, then assembled in USA. They can be 'labeled' as made in the USA. As I understand it... @Bobby Buggs would have better intel as (I think) his Pure Evil bats are entirely done in USA.
  6. nike33kjk

Bats from China

"assembled" in the USA...:rolleyes:
  7. nike33kjk

Batter called out?

Since many of the batter box lines are wiped clear, the rule couldn't be defined. We've played on turf fields where the lines were wrong. We've played on "short" boxes. Back foot ahead of the plate on contact? That's an out. Agree to disagree, but that's what SSUSA is implementing going forward...
  8. nike33kjk

ASA Ruling

What applies in senior ball? SSUSA, NSA, ISA. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to airmail the third baseman from the outfield....
  9. nike33kjk

USSSA A few odd ball plays this weekend

Hold up... 1. same happened to us last weekend: runner called out. We argued the rule "the base becomes one" and got tossed. 8.4(1) • BATTER-RUNNER REACHING FIRST BASE Each batter must reach first base without the aid of a courtesy runner. A double bag shall be used at first base, the double...
  10. nike33kjk

Team Name

Himalayan Pipe..HAHAHA. A Yeti with piece of pipe for a bat That's hilarious. then get a Pipe supplier for a sponsor.
  11. nike33kjk

Team Name

Frozen ropes. S'no balls, Snow-way home (-homers) (-homies), Yellow snow Yeti's Snowflakes
  12. nike33kjk

Goff Thread

Been years since I've gone to Hilton Head, but liked Atlantic Dunes better than Harbour Town. Also really liked Old South, just off the Island.
  13. nike33kjk

How do you keep your body intact over the course of a weekend tournament?

There actually is a "monkey butt" powder. Hydrate and ibuprofen. Just started adding Aleve to the regimen as well.
  14. nike33kjk

15" firstbasemens glove - BullhideUSA? others

Glad to hear! Llerandi "sponsors" our Senior team (Team OG 50s - MI) so I figured I would pass along the information. I have never heard of 3 in the pinky...only recently heard of TIP!! Our senior coach has a 14"lefty mod-trap I'll need to 'borrow' before I pull the trigger getting one.
  15. nike33kjk

15" firstbasemens glove - BullhideUSA? others

Call them and see what they can build you? Official SSUSA sponsor. https://llerandigloves.com/
  16. nike33kjk

New utrip rules, etc

Been playing outfield my whole career. Now I'm playing Senior as well, and I get to deal with the shortstop who complains he's getting tried having to go out for the cut-off throws. "Hey, no big deal...I'll just throw it in harder to get it to you...from the fence. And then let me courtesy run...
  17. nike33kjk

Strategy: Where & Why?

As LC, I'm making the throw to the cut-off (SS) to keep the runner at second. If you try for the guy at first, a fast runner at second bolts for third. Or the throw gets misplayed advancing both runners. ( I mean, if there are two out and we are getting killed. I might risk it, out of...
  18. nike33kjk

Influencing the batter or umpire.

I would find that if the dugout is yelling flat/high and then the umpire makes that same call.. the defensive team is going to think somethings up and start accusing the ump of favoritism. Then it starts getting uglier.
  19. nike33kjk

Describe One Of Your Best Defensive Plays

Playing fall ball years ago, the other team didn't have enough guys show up but wanted to play. So being the Rookie on our team, I got picked to join them and that team sticks me in right field. Two outs, guy on first, I get a routine grounder hit to me in right so I charge and fire across to...
  20. nike33kjk

Good cleats

I found a great deal on Salomon Speedcross 5 GTX around Christmas ($90). Just hope the hype is real. Always had cleats for outfield so I hope the traction holds up.