Search results

1. chrometip78

Waiting on pitch

Wait until the ball is at its apex to decide if you're going to swing, then put the best hit you can reliably put on it. Practice getting fancy with oppo in BP with the same mentality until you can reliably go oppo or pull. I don't think about oppo unless the pitch is there, I'm more...
  2. chrometip78

HomeRun Derby

Do you have someone to pitch or do they have to bring their own pitcher?
  3. chrometip78

What is the best glove size for a slowpitch SS?

It's over 20", don't remember the exact measurement, I wear 3xl batting gloves and that's a 12" ball for reference. Far as OP's question goes, most of the SS's I've played with or sold gloves to use gloves 12.5-12.75" actual measurement. Meaning their gloves are stamped as 12.75 or 13.
  4. chrometip78

Source for laces and needle

I don't have anything against 1/4" lace, not a big deal one way or the other. If someone wants it, cool.
  5. chrometip78

What is the best glove size for a slowpitch SS?

Sound like a bunch of women talking about shoes. "Oh the 12 9/16 is far too large for SS, 12 5/16 makes for a much quicker transfer, critical for throwing out the wheezing fatty shuffling his way to 1st" Nah son, anything less than the best is a felony and I go big.
  6. chrometip78

Source for laces and needle

Am I the only one that thinks 1/4" lace isn't that big of a deal?
  7. chrometip78

Things that drive you crazy

When I throw my glove in my bag and spill my own beer. I hate that guy, that's not true, I still love him.
  8. chrometip78

Breaking in a PP

Glad I could help.
  9. chrometip78

Guys I have a ?

Buy 2doz softballs instead and go practice. The best hitting advantage you can get.
  10. chrometip78

Paraflex vs stacked composite , etc.

The divergence barrels are the most distinctly different feeling Demarini's I've swung. Other than that I couldn't tell you if the difference I feel between Juggy's, Stadium types (aluminum handles), and Mercy/.12 are in the handle or the barrel. I suspect the handle is the big difference in...
  11. chrometip78

Basket web question... do they ever give out?

Long as the leather and stitching hasn't become dry and brittle, safety wouldn't be a concern for me. More about the user's preference for the way it plays and affects the shape of the glove. Looks like the glove was well cared for so from the pic I'd say it's gtg. Especially with new bones and...
  12. chrometip78

Things that drive you crazy

Managing a team of what are suppose to be adults. I don't do it anymore cause softball is suppose to be fun, won't let it drive me nuts.
  13. chrometip78

Grit ball tower specs

Don't forget an onboard stereo
  14. chrometip78

What softballs for practice and breaking in utrip bats?

Old game balls are fine if you have access to them for free. Tattoo NX3 bp balls are the best bet if you're buying softballs. They're way more durable than standard softballs, won't damage your bat, and fun to hit.
  15. chrometip78

Rico Gloves

If custom colors are important to you and you're getting it under $150 then go for it. It's not a HOH or A2000 but it's also not close to the same price. Finish will be crude and the glove will be heavy but durable. Putting heavy duty, full length spines in the thumb and pinky will actually...
  16. chrometip78

Offensive Ejections..

Agreed. Really why I like the 52, minimizes the benefit of cheating. I'd rather hit good 44/375's or even blue dots and everyone swinging legal bats but that's fantasy land.
  17. chrometip78

best bat for 44/375 balls when you can use any bat

An old stamp utrip bat from Miken or Worth will be hot and durable with 44/375's. Others had good and bad years, not worth sifting through IMO.