Search results

1. chrometip78

Things To Consider While Inspecting My Woody

What are the telltale signs that a wood bat is nearing the end and heading for the fire pit? I have a cheap ash wood bat that's served me well and it's got some dents, divots, and rough spots but no cracks. I boned it which helped with the dents but there's still some grains a little out of...
  2. chrometip78

Long Term Future Info

Looking for input from those who have a lot of hits on their Future or have managed to kill them off. Wondering how many hits you currently have or got before death? Looking for info on any changes the bat went through along the way?
  3. chrometip78

So Now That Combat Is Gone.....

This is for the current Crown Turd Bat Company. Not the place to make excuses for poor financial decisions, if you got a "deal" because it was $99, you wasted $99 on a turd, not a deal. Justifying a bat's poor performance with durability doesn't make it a good bat either, it's a log, same as the...
  4. chrometip78

Masters of Leather! Show me your Zen Sand Garden...

So there's a fair amount of dudes that relace and/or work on gloves here, post of pics of your workspace, tools of the trade, or happy place you go to become one with the leather. This came about from me making a mess on the kitchen table with an old dirty glove and was not too happy about...
  5. chrometip78

So 1/4" Lace For Web & Fingers Is Standard...

But is it really? Most of the lace that comes on non-Rawlings gloves nowadays is thinner than the stuff you get from Tanners anyways, let alone stepping up the width too. You don't really see much 1/4" on stock glove, my pro 303 came with 3/16" across the fingers & web. For a glove that's...
  6. chrometip78

LS Pro Flare FGPF14-BKFMB 13" 1b Mitt?

Anyone have experience with these & care to comment? Looks like it's set up for a wide pocket but pics can be deceiving. I know everyone loves LS's C55 stuff, how's the standard black Pro Flare's? Buddy has a tan/camel 12.75 PF that is built really well, not sure how that transfers to these...
  7. chrometip78

For Sale Want Some Biguns?.....

14" M2 Kip: broken in TIP, replaced thumb/pinky bones with full length 1/8" HDPE inserts, removed pinky strap for more ring/pinky room (will ship with glove or can reinstall prior to ship if you want), got it this summer, game ready with a hugenormous pocket good. $75 gifted PENDING 14" Vinci...
  8. chrometip78

Dual Hinged Trappers

I was giddy & excited to get get a HOH DCT until I realized it's still only a single hinge heel which doesn't work for me, damn pics made it look like a dually. So my question is, what's your experience with dual hinged trappers serviceable for softball use? I've used the JBV-SB & like it...
  9. chrometip78

Do You Like Fancy Sauce?

So everybody likes Wilson, Mizuno, or some kind of boot goo for their gloves. Who here has made their own fancy sauce for glove conditioning/protection? What did you use to make yours & why do you feel it's the best mix? Personally I'm going to try beeswax & lanolin to start with in a 66/33...
  10. chrometip78

The Power Of Bones & Lace

How many of you have gotten a significant boost in glove performance from new thumb/pinky bones & a relace? Have you tried it on a lower end glove only to find out it wasn't enough of an upgrade to warrant the trouble? Maybe you had a top shelf glove that was lacking from the factory for...
  11. chrometip78

Gloves The Way We Know Them

How long will it be before leather gloves are a thing of the past & synthetic material gloves are the norm in all ranges of quality? Wilson might have got things going with rubber skeletons & super skin but it looks like Nike is taking it to another level. I don't think it will change for...
  12. chrometip78

Something Different....

Been playing around with the idea of making my own leather conditioner/sealer and stumbled across this guy's videos. He's entertaining for some reason and has just enough translation to keep it interesting, a lot of it is neat just seeing Japanese gloves IMO. Worth a wat Does some neat glove...
  13. chrometip78

Bear Paws & Gorilla Mitts

So you have big hands, maybe they're wide & blocky or they're long & stretched out. Options are kinda limited when you're at the end of a spectrum. Bros help bros though so share what you've found works for you. What are you using for batting gloves & what about them works for you? Long enough...
  14. chrometip78

BLD Manteca Thursday Nights, Need 2

Need a couple guys for BLD Manteca on Thursday nights starting next week on Oct 1st. PM me if interested.
  15. chrometip78

BLD Manteca Thursday Nights, Need 2

Need a couple guys for BLD Manteca on Thursday nights starting next week on Oct 1st. PM me if interested.
  16. chrometip78

Yay, Torn Meniscus..... Exercise Ideas?

So I finally found out what was wrong with one of my knees after several years & switching a doc to find out. Apparently I have a lateral meniscus tear & cyst. Go in for my DR appt next week for detailed info & waiting on an orthopedic referral. Given the little I know, I'm wondering what...
  17. chrometip78

Any Ball Takes Fielder's Glove Off, Ball Stays In Glove

This was at an All World tournie if that matters. Hit a hard liner to SS, he puts a glove on it but the ball takes the glove off his hand, glove lands with the ball still in it. Count as a catch or still in play? Ump had it as still in play and I wasn't out until I was thrown out at 1st. Just...
  18. chrometip78

Tournament Team Logistics For El Jefe

My tourny team is just a group of guys looking to have fun on the occasional Saturday (avg 1 a month) at tournies within an hour or so drive. I only put the team together so several buddies & I could play more competitive ball without putting up with any kind of drama/crap. Wasn't really looking...
  19. chrometip78

For Sale ASA Only Silver Juggy & 1.2 USSSA/NSA Freak Black

28oz 2015 Juggy J5a: 27.1oz actual weight, No Return, <100 BP swings, no issues, in great shape & hits the ball really well. I got this as an accident on my return, thought it'd be nice to have an ASA only bat around but I just don't play ASA consistently. $150 gifted TRADED 27oz Freak Black...
  20. chrometip78

Come On Maaaannnnn, Help A Brotha Out....

Want some new leather & about to give myself an aneurysm trying to decide between the options. I'm not buying all/returning the ones that don't fit, and I don't have a retailer around here with any quality gloves to put my hands on. Here are the options I'm looking at, gimme the god knowledge...