Search results

1. IrishBlue

Replacement Bat

Emerald Isle We play ASA rules here in Ireland but ISF rules in most of the rest of Europe. I didn't post in the Mizuno section as I didn't want to limit the choices to only Mizuno bats. I was looking for something that would have a similar make up in the load / balance primarily and the...
  2. IrishBlue

Replacement Bat

My wife broke her bat last year. It was the Mizuno Wrath Extended, 34 " 26 Oz. I want to get her a replacement and I know they don't make them anymore but does anyone know of a bat that would be the most similar is load and pop? She is playing co-ed Slow pitch softball here in Ireland so...
  3. IrishBlue

Any Player/Umpire fight

Douches can be douches In the original post the question was asked if the official could face further action and I would be inclined to say that it's likely. Any body in charge of umpires would be shirking their duties if they didn't at least look into it further. Not having been there and...
  4. IrishBlue

USSSA Batter hits ball on back swing

Not disappointed
  5. IrishBlue

USSSA Batter hits ball on back swing

Ahem Do go on......
  6. IrishBlue

USSSA Not sure if this was asked, sorry if dupe

Judgement Moose, Judgement rules on this. You were there and I wasn't so your judgement out ranks mine and I defer to that buuuuuuut plate umpire's judgement trumps us both and we all have to defer to that.
  7. IrishBlue

USSSA Not sure if this was asked, sorry if dupe

First and second thoughts My initial thoughts were that this could be spectator interference but I quickly realised that this only relates to a spectator reaching in and affecting the defence's ability to make a play (Catch the ball). I ended up going to rule 10.1 and the umpire can make...
  8. IrishBlue

NSA nsa rule?

Love is I looooooooove that!!!!!
  9. IrishBlue

NSA nsa rule?

ISF Rule The ISF introduced a rule where interference can be ruled if a base runner runs in a manner that could be intended to confuse the defence. The situation came from a game where the winning run was on 3rd and one out. Batter hits a slow roller to 3rd. The runner holds, batter runner...
  10. IrishBlue

NSA nsa rule?

What he said Comp is right. Batter can run in any manner they like to get to the base they are going to with only a couple of restrictions: 1: When a play is being made on them they must go directly towards their intended base without deviating more than 3 foot. This is their base path...
  11. IrishBlue

NSA nsa rule?

Not Sure Not sure of NSA but most rule sets allow the batter runner to follow any path they want to their base until a play is being made on them. At that stage they should go directly towards the base they want to achieve. In the description the batter runner hasn't done anything wrong...
  12. IrishBlue

ASA What is the call

Nfl Unnecessary roughness, 15 yard penalty, first down ;) I agree with most of the others, Runner is out (possibly ejected but HTBT), dead ball, all other runners return to last base touched (Achieved).
  13. IrishBlue

ASA Out of play question

Coincidence Yep, two bases. Despite me screwing that call up at a game over the weekend :( Total brain fart moment.
  14. IrishBlue

ASA Defensive alignment question

Both right ASA Co-ed requires there to be two females in the outfield and 2 in the infield and the pitcher catcher should be male / female but not necessarily in that order. In your first case it looks like a male infielder was switching with a female outfielder and so your ratios are wrong...
  15. IrishBlue

ASA Pop up batter hit in batters box

Joking Hey Blue, that hit her in the box No it didn't, it hit her in the back. :)
  16. IrishBlue

ASA Overthrow out of play

Clarification What direction was the runner facing? ;) Yep, second base.
  17. IrishBlue

ASA Slow pitch pitching motion

Surrounding details The game was tied in the middle of the 4th when a substitution was made and a new pitcher came in. After a few pitches were called illegal the coach approached and asked why all the pitches were illegal. The umpire explained that the pitching motion was illegal and if the...
  18. IrishBlue

Huge thanks Guys, After a rocky start you guys came through again. Thanks for the replies. I want to support my umpire and colleague but could't see how. I am more inclined to think he goofed and is just going to have to accept the result of the protest and appeal.
  19. IrishBlue

Joking aside Guys, I am getting the sense that you do not think I am being serious here or that you are not being serious. Or maybe we are not understanding each other. Joker, there is no second forward motion past the hip, yes there is a second forward motion but not past the hip and the...
  20. IrishBlue

Um, yes it is. From the ASA rulebook (2014). Rule 6.3.D (Pitching motion): The pitcher must deliver the ball toward home plate on the first forward swing of the pitching arm past the hip with an underhand motion. The palm of the hand may be over or under the ball. There is no emphasis...