Search results

1. S

Player Ratings?

I believe it's based off bat flip height, and degree of difficulty. I could be wrong tho...
  2. S

Hottest Asa bat

I like mine so far. It has 2 games on it, so really about 10 swings on it. Finally hit the sweet spot on it, and it carried 315. I'm by no means a masher, but that ball took off. Pretty happy so far.
  3. S

Sliding protection

What does it matter if its league or not. Sometimes sliding is your best option. Just because you dont play tourney ball doesnt mean you dont want to win a ball game if its close.
  4. S

arguing with umpires

Couldnt agree more! There are just right and wrong ways to go about letting them know.
  5. S

Which turfs for turf

Mizuno 9 spike
  6. S

arguing with umpires

There are just some situations where its called for. If you're paying to play and don't have a sponsor, then its not really rec, its not some pick up game. Its still just for fun, but I think you have a right to TALK to the umpire. You can't call him out on something in front of everyone...
  7. S

wifes away -- grass stain removal???

Call her^^^ nuff said
  8. S

When your bat turns into a team bat.

Ultimately it's your property. If you don't want them using it or it bothers you, then either say something, or put it back in your bag. It also depends on your team, if you have people who will treat it with respect, then I say let them use it. I was cool with my SCX3 being used by a few...
  9. S

Poor Sportsmanship?

You guys are right. Just wanted another opinion thats all. In men's league i definately would have slid, but being co-ed i guess i just forgot about looking out for mr. co-ed hero. I know many people on here hate co-ed but i like playing because it gives the wife and i something to do on...
  10. S

Poor Sportsmanship?

So the other 50% either hurts like hell and/or gets called interference? Lol good call:cool:
  11. S

Poor Sportsmanship?

Hey that's cool whatever floats your boat. My other point was that there was a girl next to 2nd he could have just flipped to for an easy out, at which point I wouldn't have ran. The point was he was playing the whole field, then turned it into a foot race with a fake throw to the head. Not...
  12. S

Poor Sportsmanship?

Well lesson learned I guess. I normally do slide, but I just didnt this time. Like I said I was actually trying to preserve his leg too because the angle at which he ran at the bag would mean one of us was getting hurt either way. I guess peel off was the way to go, save both people from...
  13. S

Poor Sportsmanship?

Ok GTG or not? CO-ED (i know no one cares) game, I am at first with two outs. Game is sliding their way anyway, they had been pretty cool up until this. Girl hits a hard grounder to short, Im running to beat it out but know it is going to be an out because all short has to do is flip to the...
  14. S

Stupid co-ed

Its been said but its CO-ED DUDE! If you're not running the team then there's not much you can do. Put her at 3rd. Maybe a couple of hot liners will make her WANT to play catcher!
  15. S

Wouldn't Have Believed It If...

WOW! Unbelievable! Nope, never seen that happen.
  16. S

Halo Rule input

Ours was a one foot radius past the pitchers reach while standing on the middle of the mound. If you go out of the radius to field it you forfeit the halo, and it had to be a ball that hadnt touched the ground yet. Then they got rid of the rule because it was really up to the umps discretion...
  17. S

UA batting gloves

Durability sucks, but UA customer service was great. They will send you a new pair, or you can exchange them for credit at one of their outlet stores.
  18. S

ASA Leaving First

cool thanks thats what i thought, but now i know for sure.
  19. S

how to get out of a slump

Youre either swinging a bit too early or youre letting your right shoulder dip. Take a level swing, and wait a bit longer for the ball to come to you. Also what works for me, is as you swing, take the end cap of the bat and point it at the ball. It will keep your hands in the right position...