Search results

1. Calli4120

Coming out of retirement. Older, Fatter, Slower, Weaker and have questions...

Good to know on the newer Demarini's. Since I loved this one so much, I might have started looking at the newer ones. The Aftermath is still in great shape and when I last swung it it was hot.
  2. Calli4120

I will have to check because I am in that age bracket, but from what I found near me it was 50 or 55+
  3. Calli4120

I'm not quite there yet, but will definitely find a team once I am.
  4. Calli4120

I retired from playing to coach baseball, but now that my son is older and has moved on to other things I am wanting to put the cleats back on. I last played in 2015 and was swinging a 26oz Demarini USA Aftermath that I absolutely loved. Can that bat still hang with the newer stuff or are there...
  5. Calli4120

ASA Number of batters hit by pitcher

There could be a local rule depending on the level of 10u ball. I coach 10u baseball and in our league if the pitcher hits 2 batters in an inning they are removed from that inning. If they hit 3 in a game they are done pitching for the game.
  6. Calli4120

ASA Batted ball goes out of play

Still two bases. He gets first as he hasn't reached it yet at the time of the throw and then is also awarded 2nd base.
  7. Calli4120

Reminder: dont order from BG branding or Dave Macias

I understand the need for wcoast and LSX to ask questions as the original post wasn't very clear or fact filled. I have been around for awhile and recognized the names he mentioned and a quick forum search revealed a good amount of results and several NGTG's and Buyer Bewares. To help out...
  8. Calli4120

Price Check 2015 USA AM 26 oz

I would say in the $150-160 range. Maybe a bit more with spring leagues starting in the northern states
  9. Calli4120

43 degrees forecasted at game time

It started raining about an hour before and they canceled the games. I have only swung this indoors so far and it feels amazing. Im getting really antsy to get outside with it. Thanks to those that replied.
  10. Calli4120

43 degrees forecasted at game time

Do I swing my 25 hit USA aftermath tonight or wait for warmer weather?
  11. Calli4120

For Sale OG 2013 Z2000 Balanced Dual Stamp

I think your price estimate is pretty close and you shouldn't have much trouble selling it. Bump for ya
  12. Calli4120

Bat Rolling a thing of the past?

New technology and compression testing pretty much made rolling obsolete. Bats are hotter faster now and don't take 1000's of swings to break in like they used to. (OG synergy line and OG Catalysts) Rolling a bat now severely shortens its life and for leagues that compression test it would...
  13. Calli4120

OG Freak

If I am wrong I will delete my post so my bad knowledge isn't spread to other people lol :o
  14. Calli4120

OG Freak

My understanding yes. Back in the early days of this board there was lots of discussion about removing the rod on heavier bats to create more endload
  15. Calli4120

OG Freak

Since we are going off memory, I think the rods that were in older Miken bats were counter weights. They made their base bat (a 26oz) and to accommodate the demand for heavier weights they would add a half ounce to the end cap and a half ounce in the handle with the metal rod. For the 28oz...
  16. Calli4120

This year's Freak Black, KF30, or DC41....which do you choose?

Damn it.... now I really want one. The Freak Plus was my favorite bat of all time.
  17. Calli4120

Do you even BP?!

I tried to add one this morning while at work and I got all the way to right clicking on the field and then the companies web filter blocked it. I only do this kind of stuff while at work so I don't have to work. Don't expect me to do it at home on my free time.
  18. Calli4120

Why did the 2016 Flippers go up in price?

The price is up because they charge whatever they want. Maybe a better logo for the flipper would be someone giving us the bird.
  19. Calli4120

Price Check Miken VelocitE

Great older bats. Were close to the OG Freak100 when fully broken in but had a smaller sweet spot. These were worth their weight in gold about 5-6 years ago but with the new standards the newer bats are perceived to be hotter. These needed a ton of break in. I heard you can still get $200...
  20. Calli4120

Price Check 14 USA Aftermath

I would say that is about right. $160 was the number that popped into my head when seeing the pics