Search results

1. BigWhiffa

Is your own team chatter helpful?

I have a core group of guys I play with anymore. We are older and more or less a team full of Statler and Waldorf's. even if you are slumping or pissed about something we are likely still giving you the biz. don't get mad that will make it worse. I'm likely the most egregious of the group...
  2. BigWhiffa

Good cleats

not for nothing but I feel like the turf in most of the environments mentioned are well manicured properties or artificial. most fields are garbage comparatively
  3. BigWhiffa

Good cleats

I wore boombah and 3n2 turfs for years and they were just junky. I bought the nike lacrosse turfs, then solomons, then these. the salomons are basically work shoes. a little narrow but fine. in the end, standard running shoes with turf bottoms just feel easier to be in.
  4. BigWhiffa

Good cleats

current :
  5. BigWhiffa

Beat ITPHR

we signed up for a coed league like a decade ago without doing any research and realized we were a bit to "advanced" for it. the 5 other teams were for the most part awful. We weren't like a tourney team or nothing but had enough young girls with softball experience that defensively we were...
  6. BigWhiffa

Good cleats

I don't ever wear them anymore but i have NB freshfoams that are really comfortable. only wear them in the outfield if its raining. A guy I play with who plays outfield often but hates cleats wears the Mizuno Ambitions. they are a very aggressive cleat like turf IMO. and he likes them...
  7. BigWhiffa

***** bats

We were hitting flippers (red black and gold) and the blue and green ones I think AND the original combat wanteds and derbyboys in like 2013 and 14. still hitting 375s and it was like murderers row. barely any of them made it to 52's.
  8. BigWhiffa

***** bats

obviously not the same thing. same concept sort of and also adopted by everyone else similarly, but I saw no floating barrel in the OG flipper we broke. Those flippers were nasty though.
  9. BigWhiffa

***** bats

they do work. I just don't think they work any better than the bats that are now coming out today. as much of a dink as the founder is, the structural design of the FIB was basically copied by every manufacturer in some way or shape. If availability was no issue, I see no reason to...
  10. BigWhiffa

***** bats

I think a lot of it is the 33/30 baseball thing too. most dudes think because they swung a 30oz bat in hs/college, they need that for softball.
  11. BigWhiffa

***** bats

well its not like a 30oz bat was a sledge hammer. a deck of cards weighs like 5oz. thats the difference between a man or a *****?
  12. BigWhiffa

Lowest compression bat you've seen.....

the extendeds were 199 the flexs were 299. once i saw an extended sell for 350 on ebay, i ran to ****s and bought 3 of them and I think I sold them for 1100bucks in total. so made $500. my buddy ran and bought one before me and he used it for years. He still has it but hasn't played in like...
  13. BigWhiffa

C state IL like 8 or 9 years ago maybe. guy came up to the testing table with a bat bag and proceeded to pull out like 4 or 5 Extendeds. they were worn down pretty well and all failed miserably. I was right there but don't remember what they were testing at. he finally pulled a new one out...
  14. BigWhiffa

Moving to new league after 10 years..

This happened to us. we went from 295 to 275. just for a week. we are all mostly old so while we can, we are all ok hitting singles/doubles. I would say 75% of us if tried to hit a hr would be successful more times than not. league around here you get 3 or 4. So we got moved to that...
  15. BigWhiffa

no utrip here but I had a ASA Combat that tested 790 at C State like 6-7 years ago. the guys doing the testing were all laughing and showing each other. one guy said he'd never seen one that low. I said "so we are good right? sticker that baby up"
  16. BigWhiffa

you have hit on a ton of things, that I see going on here too. so my guess is its everywhere. even the younger umps are like its gotten noticeably different from like even a few years ago. I would say that you are definitely right. It seems that none of the areas around here have...
  17. BigWhiffa

Bat Tech: Old School vs New...and does it really matter?

I have an OG freak + that is well broke in and a Freak 98 that is well broken in and rolled. Neither one of them are even close to when it comes to new technology hitting asa balls. compared to a 5 yr old legit and the bats in the sig below.
  18. BigWhiffa

we live in a metropolitan area that 15 years ago had at least 7-8 various municipalities with adult softball programs. today thats probably cut down to like 4 and options are very limiting. they began to mix the A league nights with like D league nights and the D leagues stopped playing...
  19. BigWhiffa

This place used to be the bomb.

The composite landscape was so fresh, back then, that there was a huge disparity in bat performance based on break in time, sweet spot size, etc. So everyone came here to sort all that out. some bats never got hot, some were hot right away but would break. Today, pretty much every bat is...
  20. BigWhiffa

What is your favorite bat of all time?

I finally read through the entire thread. oh man the blur. How you just literally described it to a T. I got one cheap and it was basically brand new. We hit probably 10 buckets of blue dots over the course of a few days and even then it just sounded like a turd. like you were swining a...