Search results

1. TWmccoy

Hard cores are ruining USSSA softball

Hard cores knuckle BAD. I've seen it lots of times. Those balls move more than probably any ball I've ever seen. If you don't get under the ball with spin they dance all over the place. I attribute it to the cover.
  2. TWmccoy

ASA's problem right now is ridiculous bats, not the balls. Those bats are specifically made to hit .52s, and will break almost instantly if you hit harder balls. I do agree with you, though. I also ump an ASA league, and the HRs get silly after a while. It seems like every sanction caters to...
  3. TWmccoy

We used C+ balls here in CO for like 10 years. Obviously there were some bad hops, but not more than any other ball. No one seemed to take into consideration that infields here suck, and any ball is treacherous to field. Using Pro Ms has ruined things here. Now everything's a HR, and games...
  4. TWmccoy

AD Starr Patriot Magnus FX ball

Well, head to head against Platinum Dots it was doing fine. Ball definitely flies very well.
  5. TWmccoy

I've said this for years. For whatever reason USSSA scoffs at using .52s. I mean, you can still get classic + balls, but hardly anyone uses them. .52s are the only ball that keeps things fair and balanced across varying weather conditions. Plus, they are way less dangerous than other balls if...
  6. TWmccoy

AD Starr Patriot Magnus FX ball

Anyone here ever hit or seen these before? It's a molded BP type ball that seems similar to a Platinum Dot or BP Spinner. White and dark red colored. Found it at a park in Tampa, FL. Never seen one before. Holy f'ing cow is this thing a flier. Very hard and very bouncy. Just a dense, heavy...
  7. TWmccoy

Best 52/300 Ball

I agree with your list. Whichever brand you get, make sure it's composite. For whatever reason the cover makes a huge difference on .52 300 balls. Synthetic ones are noticeably worse than composite. The only bad thing I notice about NX3s is that they fly funny. Lots of weird knuckling and...
  8. TWmccoy

Hitting tips for opposite field hitting.

Back off the plate a little from where you usually stand. Also, move up in the box (toward the pitcher). You want to catch the ball deep. Waiting on it is the biggest key to good/consistent oppo hitting. Don't try to force the ball oppo. If the pitch is on the inner half of the plate take a...
  9. TWmccoy

Miken USA/ASA bats.

Miken/Worth's newer ASA bats have that horrible, broken sound to them. I think it's some sort of double barrel technology specifically made for .52 300 balls. The bats all sound atrocious, but perform pretty well. You just can't hit harder balls with them or they break right away.
  10. TWmccoy

Swing analysis assistance

Too much head movement and you seem to lean back before you start your swing. You might center your weight a little more before you swing. I'd almost guarantee all that movement and big stride gives you timing and lunging issues. The swing itself looks a little halfhearted/lazy.
  11. TWmccoy

Yeah, I remember when the tourny directors here used to provide balls. It was pretty much as you describe. 1 new ball to start the game, and after it was gone there was no telling what kind of trashed-ass used ball horror you were in for. The director would lose dozens of balls per tourny due to...
  12. TWmccoy

Miken USA/ASA bats.

I kinda agree, but if I was looking for a Miken ASA bat that would work in cold weather or on .44 375 balls I'd choose the Revex. All their other bats are tailored for .52 300s and aren't overly durable. The Revex is like the Easton Ronin. Hugely durable, great in cold weather, but not a great...
  13. TWmccoy

Yeah, classic Ms can be the worst softballs imaginable if it's really hot out. They feel like mush and don't go anywhere even when you smash them. I think the advent of those balls is what made bat shaving popular years ago. C+s at least have a little jump on them regardless of heat. Hard...
  14. TWmccoy

Where do you live? Honestly, I feel like even in FL Hard Cores are just too much ball. In CO they're absolutely ludicrous.
  15. TWmccoy

Worth Super Duper Pro Ms

If you run across any Super Duper Pro Ms LMK what you think of them. To me they aren't even really close to Hard Cores in terms of performance.
  16. TWmccoy

Worth Super Duper Pro Ms

You're right. As far as I know this is Worth's first multilayer ball. What I don't know is why USSSA suddenly decided to allow multilayer balls again after banning them about a decade ago. I still have a few old Thunder Advance classic Ms, and they are f'ing missiles. I think the Hard Cores...
  17. TWmccoy

IMO, Hard core Pro Ms are every bit as good (maybe even a bit better) than stadium balls. I swear they come off the bat harder, and cut through the air faster. In theory, Worth should call any classic M a Gray Dot rather than Gold Dot. IDK why they confuse people with that crap either.
  18. TWmccoy

Dudley definitely put out a few "bad batches" of Pro Ms a couple years ago. Those balls were flat out terrible, and got even worse when the temps went up. I haven't seen bad Pro Ms lately. Everything I've hit in the past couple seasons has been really good. Classic Ms are at their best in the...
  19. TWmccoy

What are the differences between these 2 DC-41's?

Yeah, I think the white one is some sort of reissue. Only difference is, as mentioned, probably the paint.
  20. TWmccoy

Slow pitch balls

The Worth site does indeed sell Super Dupers for $125. SIS sells them for $70.