Search results

1. F

Bonus batting tip from Funfitfriendly, dont miss it

I know I have alot of fans on this site so i am going to share my bonus batting tip. First you take a piece of iron rebar maybe 3/4 " thick cut it to 34", get a broom stick handle cut the handle to 34 " and your favourite composite bat (mine is the Easton SRV4 Synergy 27 ounces). Every morning...
  2. F

Funfitfriendly is back with some great batting tips

What a great way to start off the new season with a hepful post on my best batting tips. - 1. Keep your eye and focus on the ball from the time it leaves the pitcher’s hand until it hits your bat or lands on the mat. If you are having trouble hitting the ball, slow your swing and/or choke...
  3. F

Was I wrong to tell Little Lu Lu to take a walk?

So here's the scenario, we were in the end of the season tournament, we are one game away from getting into the the semi final and its the last inning of the game. The score is 11-10 in favour of the other team with one out.. Little Lu Lu (not her real name) gets up to bat almost a sure out...
  4. F

Maybe we can agree to disagree but be respectful

Sorry folks but I have to say something about the tone, and lack of respect from a few members of this forum. We a can agree to disagree without be disagreeable. Just because there is a sense of anonynymity attached to the forum does not give you the right to say whatever. if you keep being...
  5. F

Tired of being 'that guy' trying to make some changes

So I am thinking that I have to make some changes to help the team. I think some of the players dont like it too much when I try to win every arguement or ball discussion. I cant help it if I am almost always right. Still, I am worried that I may lose a few more players, besides Bob (who told...
  6. F

No way, I won't back down

Should I back off and not umpire next time? So we played in a tourney this weekend where we umped our own games. I was umping for our team and made a questionable call, the other teams tough guy indicated that he was going to rough me up as he didnt like my call said i was snickering at him. I...
  7. F

How do you hit the ball where you want it to go

Something I have struggled with in playing slopitch is hitting the ball exactly where I want it to go. I can hit gaps between the infield players more then average. I can also hit off field areas but not in a really precise way. Is there a fool proof way to know exactly where that ball is going...
  8. F

By special request more about Terry, the best slopitch hitter to ever play the game

Ok I had a request to hear more about Terry, the best slopitch hitter to ever play the game. He played for my team for one season. Terry`s speciality hit was a blooper over the 1st base with a little side spin which when it hit the ground the ball would hit fair and roll foul for single or...
  9. F

Why Big Bob left the team and should have apologized to the pitcher.

One of the guys wanted to know what happened to "Big Bob", this is the guy who was one of the best hitters who ever played for me,(with the exception of Terry) Bob was a great hitter he could put the ball anywhere. Problem was he had some attitude, he once smashed a ball up the middle hitting...
  10. F

Is there something you can add to a glove that stops the ball popping out?

The other night I was playing 2nd base and another player hit a line drive directly at me, I got my glove up but the ball popped out. I was wondering if there is anything legal that helps the ball stick in your glove?
  11. F

Where's Terry when you need him?

So we are 0/5 for the new season and I was thinking of a player that used to play for me. His name was Terry, he could get a hit whenever we needed it nobody could stop him. One of his hits, was this crazy little blooper hit that would sail over 1st base land inside of fair territory and then...
  12. F

Need help, can't afford the beer cone drill

So I had my second practice yesterday and decided to get everyone motivated using a beer cone drill. This is where i strtegically located several traffic cones on the field and awarded a beer ticket to every player that was able to hit within a certain distance of the cone. I thought that it...
  13. F

Should I let her back on the team?

So it finally happended, the queen bee on my co ed ball team who was often going behind my back and stirring up the team against me recently announced that she was starting her own team . She took 3/4 of the team with her including my number one batter, who i thought was loyal to me. I wasn't...
  14. F

How long should a composite bat last .

I had this guy on my team try and tell me that composite bats only last one year as a team bat. Bat manufacturer warrantee info says bat should be replaced after two years. How long should you use a composite bat before replacement :confused:
  15. F

I have to share this batting idea, it works.

I was checking on the internet for ways to get my bat speed up and came across this daily training idea. First, you find a length of heavy metal pipe/bar about 50 ounces, (cut 34 " in length) broom stick handle (cut to 34" in length) and a your favorite bat. You start the exercise with 20...
  16. F

Yeah, I admit I'm "that guy"

Ok after posting a few threads I am getting a few nasty responses and being labeled as "that guy" yeah that's me, I stand out for my teams rights against bully boy umpires and other coachs and I'm proud of it. I had to complain about an umpire the other day after he kicked me off the field. I...
  17. F

What to do with drunk players?

So we are playing the mid season tournament, most of my players hit the beer gardens for a tall cool one which in some cases turn out to be three or more tall cool ones. The late afternoon game they are not feeling any pain but not able to play effectively. What do i do with these party animals...
  18. F

1/4 of the team took off for Disney Land

So I'm asking for a little more advice, I coach this co ed slopitch team. Earlier in the season, I have a revolt about too much coaching and too much competition. ok so i backed off. later the girl that led the mutiny took off for Disney Land with a 1/4 of the team and missed three games. She's...
  19. F

My team ganged up on me last night (coach issue)

So, we are in almost last place in the Co Ed Fall Ball league, after two games where we were mercied twice. I advised the team that we would insitute a new policy of emphasizing competition over losing. I asked the team to work on some skills development. The stronger players would play and the...
  20. F

Calling strikes when I'm not in the box

I was playing an umpired game the other night. We were late getting started the umpire started the game without anyone in the batters box. I had to step in with a count of 1 ball and two strikes, seemed a little unfair