Search results

1. Fro Joe

Basque Strongman Documentary

Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did.
  2. Fro Joe

Rogue Squat Racks and Stands.

Anyone have any experience with them? Looking at picking up one of these.
  3. Fro Joe

Winter Program?

Most of us are well into our winter programs. What are you guys doing? I'm doing the Extension program from Cressey's high performance handbook.
  4. Fro Joe

MLB Divisional Strengths

Now that the season is over you can see how the divisions faired. Despite the knock on the AL East it still is the toughest in baseball based on number of games over .500 with a +12. NL West is the worst surprisingly. I would have thought it would of been stronger. AL East +12 AL West +10...
  5. Fro Joe

Softball Nation A.D. Starr Tattoo

Is this ball a multi layer? Model is "SNT 12400 PC". I sent an email to the company and they don't seem to know.
  6. Fro Joe

American Muscle

Anyone checking out the show on Discovery Channel?
  7. Fro Joe

MLB in Montreal?

Could it happen again? They are getting some strong crowds for spring training games in a dump of a stadium. They really have no rooting interest in either team. Toronto is considered a rival city. Both games drew over 46,000.
  8. Fro Joe

Baseball projections

The PECOTA projections put out by Baseball Prospectus came out a few days ago. Obviously projections mean nothing come game 162, but this one is known as one of the most reliable. One that I don't believe will happen is the Angels getting second. The other is the Pirates falling under .500...
  9. Fro Joe

Training volume?

When should you reduce your volume? I don't mean during a "deload", injury, or time of business. I mean when you've reached a point of stalling. If you just look purely at sets and reps 4 "work" sets of 4 on the dead lift should be equal between two lifters. But if one lifter is averaging 300...
  10. Fro Joe

Intermittent fasting and training timing.

Looking for opinions from people who have tried it. I know some like to train fasted and others like to train after breaking the fast.
  11. Fro Joe

Nike Gamer iD Air Max

Does anyone have any experience with these? They look like the most comfortable cleat option out. I'm getting tired of nearly giving at bats up from slipping in the bat box. I spotted a few member of Resmondo wearing these in the Major WS and a lot of pro baseball players use 'em. Air
  12. Fro Joe

Youth football numbers declining.

Pop Warner Football is down 9.5% and USA Football is down 6.7%. Is this going to cause long term effects on the NFL?
  13. Fro Joe

Heart of the Matter: Dietary Villains

The video is about 29 minutes long. http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3876219.htm I am NOT stating that what they are saying is cut and dried. I just found it very interesting.
  14. Fro Joe

Getting faster for baseball/softball.

I thought I'd share this article since this question seems to come up often on here. The fact that it's written by a guy that specializes in training baseball players makes it even more relevant. Ask a STACK Expert: I Need to Lower My 60 for Baseball. How Can I Do This? As a strength coach...
  15. Fro Joe

Astaxanthin?

Has anyone tried this antioxidant and anti inflammatory? It's supposed to be the best one out. The list of benefits are pretty impressive even if only have are true. Better eyesight, protection from UV rays like an internal sunscreen, better energy.
  16. Fro Joe

Has anyone broken a Blackout yet?

Like the title says.
  17. Fro Joe

How many HRs will Chris Davis end up with?

Davis is the eighth player in major-league history to have 30 homers before the end of June, joining Babe Ruth (1928, 1930), Ken Griffey Jr. (1994, 1998), Mark McGwire (1998), Sammy Sosa (1998-1999), Luis Gonzalez (2001), Barry Bonds (2001) and Albert Pujols (2009). That's pretty elite company...
  18. Fro Joe

Angels, Blue Jays, and Dodgers

Who do you think is the most disappointing team out of the Angels, Blue Jays, and Dodgers?
  19. Fro Joe

Dirty USSSA?

Does this bat have a compression disc? I was watching Combat earlier and most were swinging the Dirty. Only one Wanted and one Derby in the lineup. The rest were all Dirtys with one Avarice.
  20. Fro Joe

Hardcore dead lifting.