Search results

1. S

Hard cores are ruining USSSA softball

Kansas City. It's amazing how much the game changes here from spring to summer to fall. With Classic Ms the number of home runs changed dramatically through the year since we play in temps anywhere from 40 with 30% humidity to 100 with 90% humidity. Even the Pro M and Classic+ don't go anywhere...
  2. S

We had our first league games this week and it was about 60 degrees out. The team we played was hitting HCs with broke in Tantums since our league doesn't compression test. The first game of the double header was pretty low scoring since it was everyone's first game back, but once they got...
  3. S

Worth Super Duper Pro Ms

It makes sense. Dudley has been making TAs for years now, so they basically already had the design for HCs. They just needed to convince an organization to allow them again. Worth is starting from scratch on something they never thought would be allowed.
  4. S

2024 Challenge Cup

I know it's been heading this way for a while. Our complex has five fields that used to fill up with three double headers on each (we play Sundays so they could start in the afternoon to have more games). Now there are only two per field and usually there is a field sitting empty. The only thing...
  5. S

2024 Challenge Cup

I am wondering if this will start to hurt things at the lower level. The rec leagues already struggle with participation. Most guys who play once a week aren't going to want to gear up to play pitcher. A simple mask always used to be good enough with reasonable balls and bats that needed to be...
  6. S

Classic M GDEs were the ball of choice around here prior to the hard cores. I still keep some good ones in my bag so on days the hard cores are too much I can throw those in and the guys can still swing away.
  7. S

I am a pitcher in a rec league, and the first time a team used hard cores against us I asked the league manager to ban them. Since he will not, our team now uses them as it is a disadvantage not to. We play in Missouri, so most of the year it makes a huge difference compared to normal Classic M...
  8. S

Best 44/400

As someone who has hit with them and pitched against them, they should not have. I only play in league, but they make a significant difference compared to the Classic M and Pro M we had been using.
  9. S

Dudley Thunder ZN hard core Pro M

I pitch and got hit by one this week. Luckily I got glove on it first so I just have a big bruise on my thigh. They definitely get to me quicker than a classic M does. I am worried in our league because it's very much a rec league where only one or two teams play any tourneys. We are one of...
  10. S

We finally tried these out as other teams in our league have been using them and didn't want to be outgunned. It was around 80 in the evening during our games. Our team is not good enough to use these as we hit so many accidental home runs on the 300' fields that we had to throw the classic Ms...
  11. S

Played against a team in league last night who brought these out, and was the first time I had seen them. Even though it was an 8:30pm game, it was still over 80 and humid with a heat index in the 90s after the game in KC. The hard cores were flying for them as good as any classic m does when it...
  12. S

Trail Shoe Question

Odd are no one says anything until the first time you accidentally (or intentionally since I don't know how much effort you put into the game) slide into someone or step on a foot or hand. If/when that happens there will be a big blow up on the field which will probably lead to consequences...
  13. S

Clear Sunglasses

I have a pair of interchangeable sunglasses that have a clear lens that I use quite often. I were contacts when I play and when I don't wear sunglasses my eyes feel like crap from all the dust at the fields. The clear lenses help a lot with that when playing the night games or even if it's a...
  14. S

ASA errant Infield Fly call

What I am saying is that in the case of an infield fly, every ump has to use their own "judgment" on what they consider ordinary effort. Even if you disagree with ump on what ordinary effort is it does not mean he got the call wrong according to the rule book, it just means your judgment and...
  15. S

ASA errant Infield Fly call

I ump high school baseball and at one of our preseason meetings a new ump asked about "tie goes to the runner" and the head ump running the meeting replied with "There is never a tie, the runner is either safe or out. It your job as an ump to make that call." What Joker is saying is the ball...
  16. S

Advance on foul ball

In our league they explained it as saving time, just like not having to run on a home run. If an out is recorded either way, why go through the trouble of making the fielder let the ball drop and then have to chase it to the fence after it bounces by him?
  17. S

Question about Nike Vapor web swap

I have a pro flare (FLA1275SM) that I was considering doing this same web swap with this winter, and after seeing these pictures I think I am definitely going to do it now.
  18. S

A not so obvious Leather question.

Got my 13 year old stepson an A1K for christmas this year to use on his tourney team. Before I bought it I had a talk with him that it would take some effort to break in to make sure he was okay with doing the work before I was going to spend that kind of money. Only thing I allowed outside of...