Search results

1. Illegal pitcher

Better athlete: Lebron James or...

Joey Chestnut?
  2. Illegal pitcher

ASA Interference, or no?

I was in a rundown between 3rd and home. The 3rd baseman had the ball and and I was running right down the line towards the plate. The catcher was standing a few feet to the right of the plate (from my view), so I veered a little to the right hoping that the throw hit me (but hopefully not in...
  3. Illegal pitcher

Look at the Michigan man! - Mike Tyson

Another classic Tyson line. :p
  4. Illegal pitcher

Oscar Pistorius charged with murder

South African model Reeva Steenkamp’s tragic death stunned her family and friends Thursday, and they remembered the 29-year-old rising star as an “absolute angel on Earth.” Police have charged Steenkamp’s boyfriend, Olympic double-amputee Oscar Pistorius, with murder after the FHM cover girl...
  5. Illegal pitcher

Now that's what I call 'instant karma'

So, I was watching a game after mine ended, and the two pitchers (and others) were jawing about something. One pitcher steps up to the plate (a big hitter) and it's pretty obvious that he's going to shoot the middle. Sure enough, he hits one just past the pitcher, and into CF. But, the batter...
  6. Illegal pitcher

Another cool story, bro.

It was 5 minutes until game time, and we had no ump. A few minutes later a "new" umpire shows up. He looked like he had to be 80 years old, at least. So, I'm up to bat, and the pitcher starts to pitch from about 6' behind the rubber. I say "sir, he's not allowed to pitch from behind the rubber...
  7. Illegal pitcher

not running to 1st base

I started playing softball in 1995 or so, and for about 10 years I never saw a player hit a grounder or a pop-up and not run to 1st base. Now, practically every game I see someone hit the ball poorly and then head right to the bench. About half of the time it's one of my teammates. These lazy...
  8. Illegal pitcher

Cool story, bros.

Last night I was pitching, and the count was 1-2, so I threw a flat pitch to try and hit the front of the plate. The batter swung and missed, and the ball hit the corner of the plate and bounced up and hit him in the face. As if striking out wasn't embarrassing enough. :p
  9. Illegal pitcher

ASA legal catch?

In my league game on Friday, a batter hit a foul ball straight back and it hit the catcher in the shoulder. He then caught the ball with his glove. The ump said "no catch" because he said it wasn't caught directly (straight to the glove). Everyone on both teams thought he was wrong. Was he?