Search results

1. C

Co-ed lineup

I FEEL for you but consider yourself lucky. In my coed league, it HAS to be boy-girl-boy-girl. There's no 2 guys hitting back to back. I have a girl pitcher who's tremendous which is great, it means I can put a guy at an important position. But I have one girl who's been with the team since...
  2. C

What's your worst injury getting hit while pitching?

Clearly you've never pitched. Someday, don't play catcher one game and try pitching, maybe you'll stop with the idiotic remarks. And for you dumb f's who are new to the game which i guess are the guys posting above me, if you hit it up the middle to the pitcher, usually you apologize - only you...
  3. C

What's your worst injury getting hit while pitching?

Last year I took one off the front of the foot and although nothing was broke, I could barely walk for 2 weeks and to this day, my pinky toe and big toenails are messed up as a result. Odd. Last fall I took one off the elbow and the idiot who hit me was kind of a douche and said nothing (who...
  4. C

How did your crappiest loss happen?

Our crappiest loss was last night on my company team. It's a new team this year and it's 80% people who've never played so most of the outfield and almost all the infield are free zones. We lost 25-1 but it's cool, the people are just out there to play and have fun. But we keep stats, I can't...
  5. C

From now on Managers should play for free....

haha. I have a couple of those "I can only play first base" guys. One guy was also the worst hitter, worst runner, worst everythign on the team. Super nice guy but added nothing to the team other than being on time. I finally had to drop him. Having first open to put guys at is a valuable...
  6. C

Fronting fees for your team

My absolute least favorite part of the whole running a team process is the money part. I usually get most people's money but I'm always covering people and through the year I'd say out of my pocket I'm usually paying between $100-300 bucks for add fees, extra fees, etc. I've been shafted by a...
  7. C

Who else plays in shorts??

I only wear a shirt and cleats. That's it.
  8. C

help me with team name

Surprisingly good names - I'm actually impressed with this group today. How about Chapin Photography Softboxes Chapin Photography Accessories Chapin Photography Models Chapin Scrapin' Scrappers DCP OPP The Headshots Flashers Chapin Photography Zoom Chapin Photography Wide Lens Long Shots...
  9. C

Funniest team names

I hate that name more than any other softball name. It's a bad pun, there's like 3 of them in every league. These guys see there's two other teams with that lame name and can't come up with a different name - even another bad pun? But that's just me.
  10. C

Funniest team names

There's a team in one of my coed leagues called "Juggs and Thuggs" (I'm unclear on why there are two g's in the names)
  11. C

Retirement? When Will You Stop Playing?

I had a little too much 1800, Jack Daniels and some Barcardi silver this past year. But not for pain, just for fun, lol. Not that I don't have pains...
  12. C

Retirement? When Will You Stop Playing?

I love this. I have to stop doing shots before games, in winter I was getting so ripped, I couldn't run around the bases or make easy catches in the field lol. But it's just fun to do a couple shots before the game.
  13. C

Need guys for Monday team in Pleasant Hill

I have a mens team in Pleasant Hill, we've played the last three seasons on Monday nights, however I just can't get the same guys to come back every season. I need a couple players, just need reliable guys - don't care if you're great, just please be an outfielder or SS/3rd (I have too many...
  14. C

Funniest team names

I love Fighting Amish and 9 Jerks and A Squirt I just hate with a passion "pun" names. Puns are the lowest form of comedy. I also hate the names that are long phrases. But that's just me.
  15. C

Asked to join a league..

Exactly. The F'ing idiots telling peopel not to play in a singlewall league are the morons who complain about eveyr single thread in this site. Either you want to play softball or you don't. Some leagues are single wall leagues like this one. So what? If it's not good enough for you, then...
  16. C

Starting a new team

I never understand these morons who think they can play for free. Everyone has to pay but not them for some reason. Nothing worse than cheap people. On this one coed team I run, a couple years ago I had this husband and wife, nice folks but cheap as hell, who said knowing we had a 'if you play...
  17. C

Co-Ed Fielder Positions

My girl pitcher is coming back from injury this coming spring so having her pitch means I can put a guy in a good defensive position. So for the majority of this coming season, I'll have 4 guys in the outfield. Girl at 1st, 2nd, P, 3rd and C. Guy a SS.
  18. C

Wish me luck, Wife says she got me a softball related Christmas present!!!

You've got a hot wife who supports you playing softball. Even if she bought you 50 Hammers and Cyclones, you should be thankful. There are guys in this forum who never get laid and can't afford to buy one bat. It's a Wonderful Life.
  19. C

Who's playing winterball?

Hey, where in NorCa are you? I'm playing in Pleasant Hill for winter. Last night I had on three shirts - a compression shirt, long sleeve tshirt and a regular shirt over that and I wore both batting gloves while in the field.
  20. C

Who's playing winterball?

I'm a native Californian. That's freezing for me.