Search results

1. C

What's your worst injury getting hit while pitching?

Last year I took one off the front of the foot and although nothing was broke, I could barely walk for 2 weeks and to this day, my pinky toe and big toenails are messed up as a result. Odd. Last fall I took one off the elbow and the idiot who hit me was kind of a douche and said nothing (who...
  2. C

Need guys for Monday team in Pleasant Hill

I have a mens team in Pleasant Hill, we've played the last three seasons on Monday nights, however I just can't get the same guys to come back every season. I need a couple players, just need reliable guys - don't care if you're great, just please be an outfielder or SS/3rd (I have too many...
  3. C

Who's playing winterball?

One of my bats broke in the cold last night, first time that's ever happened. It was freezing (for California that is)
  4. C

Nothing better than beating a ****y team

We're playing the only undefeated team the other night. They were making all kinds of condescending cracks at teh beginning. Joking around and acting like they were going to blow us away. Two innings in they have 3-0 lead. Except my team is great. We go on a rampage and everyone is hitting like...
  5. C

No-shows

Okay, guys who run teams, question for you: How many no-shows do you allow someone before you don't use them any more. My mens team last night I had 3 noshows, which left us with 9 (we still won). My friday team I also had 3 noshows. I have people who can fill in but if the guys never let...
  6. C

Miken bats question for the experts

So my league has banned all Ultras and Freaks, or so they say. Playing Friday and the team is using an Ultra and I say it's banned, and he says "no it has the right ASA stamp" and I'm trying to tell him the stamp has nothign to do with it. So all weekend we've been emailing back and forth...
  7. C

Prying team fees lose

Prying team fees loose Anyone else have problems getting your team to pay? I have one team whose fees are due in 9 days. The team itself has existed for 12 years. I gave everyone three weeks to pay. I have received one partial payment from one player. I'm about to send out my last...
  8. C

A bat is either used or new, right?

I'm arguing with some nitwit on Ebay - he's selling a bat as new, however he took it out of the wrapper and hit with it a few times. That makes it used, correct? I told him if you open the wrapper and hit it once, it's not new anymore but the guy can't comprehend this - apparently he thinks...
  9. C

What's your favorite post game beer?

I usually bring St. Pauli, Bud Lights, Shocktops and/or Blue Moons, however we've been drinking Longboards, Coronas, Coors lights and then some other ones I've never had before that were pretty good. I've really been getting into this Prohibition Ale lately. What's your favorite post game (or...
  10. C

How many things recommended from this forum have you actually bought?

Diamond ix3. Best purchase ever. Also, I got turfs as recommended repeatedly in here too.
  11. C

What should I do?

So I start on a new team next week that I've never played on before, they've never seen me, the guy who runs it only knows I've played on a lot of teams. So he tells me he wants me to sub with another guy in the outfield. Now I have no ego, I'll bat anywhere, I play anywhere, I'll come out when...
  12. C

Anyone play on bad fields?

Played our first game with another team I'm playing with for the first time in a different league - my team played in this league in winter ball and I thought the fields were bad simply because of the time of the year, however they're still bad. So last night I'm sliding into third and my...
  13. C

Used turfs for the first time today

Got these 70 dollar Under Armors - worked fine - however I felt absolutely no different from the cleats. I played in the outfield and had plenty of traction and pitched a little - worked fine but I didn't see any difference from cleats yet. I just hope they last longer than the pair of Easton...
  14. C

Anyone ever seen Beer League (the movie)?

Just watched it last night. Clearly no one in the movie or crew actually plays softball because the bat they used throughout the movie was a Hammer. I thought that was actually funnier than anything said in the movie. Supposed to be a serious softball league but everyone uses bats you can buy at...
  15. C

I'm pulling EVERYTHING!

Ug, I'm just in this bad swing where everything I hit gets pulled right down the left field line. I hit these bombs to left. The first at bat, I'll smack one down the left field line so the next at bat the left fielder just plays me at the line and I hit these bombs and they catch them all. Went...
  16. C

Our first winter league game

Okay buddies - I'm the guy who had the coed team playing in the mens league. Some folks here said we were going to get creamed. We played our first game last night. Here's what happened: I said we'd compete. We actually had the lead a couple times. It came down to the last inning. We were the...
  17. C

Haha - ever heard of this one?

So my coed team signed up for winter ball in this one league - turns out they didn't get any other coed teams, just mens teams. So I say "well we'll play in the mens league if thats okay" thinking they'll just say no way. Turns out they're okay with it, so my coed team is going to play in a D...