Search results

1. T

Batting Gloves

Can I add a side question, or should I start my own thread? Curious what benefits you guys notice using gloves? I've never used them. Tried once but didn't notice anything special to me, but maybe I didn't use them enough. I don't really have a grip problem. Why do you guys used them, and do...
  2. T

Where are all the 28-30oz bats?

Oh I see my thread came back. Lol. I was talking with an Easton rep and an LS rep, they're both even scaling back on 28s now too. Pretty soon they'll be out of the picture it sounds like.
  3. T

Describe One Of Your Best Defensive Plays

Alrighty.... I'm an outfielder. My arm is pretty weak these day, but I'm still a great outfielder, when it comes to getting to the ball and having a good glove out there. But occasionally I like to take an inning or two in the infield through the season. I'm decent at getting to the ball, but...
  4. T

Beat ITPHR

Definitely the in the infield Homers are the most satisfying. Although technically they're full of errors. Usually starts with a hit to 3rd/SS, bad throw to 1st, move to 2nd, and throw to 2nd and usually I'd run to 3rd, they again mess the throw up again. Those sometimes hurt though if I slide...
  5. T

Music and Weed.....

Oh my thread came back to life. Lol. But yeah again for me, if I catch a whiff here an there, then fine whatever. Much like cigarettes, I dont like the smell, but if you're getting a quick puff, then whatever, its technically legal. Just when it stinks for the whole game I find that...
  6. T

Another Great BP swinging 10 incher.

That the FF2 10?
  7. T

Music and Weed.....

Sounds all reasonable to me. With the weed even. I dont mind that people do it a little here and there... last night, there were literally players on the field doing it. Out in the field playing defense taking a hit. I found that to be pretty ridiculous.
  8. T

Music and Weed.....

Question regarding Weed & Music. Now, I'm "only" 36, but been playin since 16... music in the dugout has become a pretty normal occurence and typically been fine and a nice ambiance. But lately this year I'm seeing more and more the teams are not just playing music, but blaring it so loud...
  9. T

Good cleats

Yeah... so I always liked the Nike molded cleats. The MCS I believe are the hard plastics, and for me those shoes are too stiff on the bottom. I prefer a flexible shoe, and the hard plastic seemed to make me slip when I'd round a base, as well as wear out 3x as fast as the molded cleats...
  10. T

League Ump Fees

Exactamundo!!!
  11. T

New 240 LS Genesis bats

So, just got my first Genesis in the other day. Spent a little time "breaking it in." Question... this is my first LS softball bat... anybody else find the grip to be really unimpressive? The Pyramid grip is kinda cool, but the tape grip... yikes. Do you guys like the tape grip they come...
  12. T

Lowest compression bat you've seen.....

I've never had to have a bat tested. I don't even have a clue what my bats would test at either. I only play league but I am curious what they're all at. I even thought about buying one, but had no clue the testers are like $1300!!! They look like a really simple contraption.
  13. T

New 240 LS Genesis bats

Oooooooh. Well shoot, maybe I shoulda waited. Lol. I'm really enjoying the 10" barrel. I did end up cracking that Bubba, but found a 10" FF2 and really like it.
  14. T

New 240 LS Genesis bats

Cool. See, even though it may not be as active as it used to... this forum is still a better place to get real info. Everyone else online just says, "bombs all day." "Smoke." I have heard though as you said jbo, dont just start killing it out the wrapper. "Break it in" first. Thanks guys...
  15. T

New 240 LS Genesis bats

Anybody been using them? How do you like them? I pulled the trigger without ever swinging one and ordered a "Baseball Town" Genesis. My my understanding is it's the same as the Andy Purcell 240... but I've never swung any LS softball bat. I have a week till I get it, but just looking for your...
  16. T

Utrip

Thanks guys. Those are easily the best descriptions I've seen to explain it. And it closely follows the only thing that made sense in my mind, but clears it up very well.
  17. T

Utrip

This is probably a topic for a another thread... but I just don't get it.... Why do they say a bat with less compression hits the ball farther, because of the "trampoline effect," but a ball with more compression will go further? Why is it that high compression on both wouldn't? I haven't seen...
  18. T

Utrip

Aaah. I think our league uses the Dudley SY Classic M. We've used the same model for many years, but I swear they are dead this last year.
  19. T

Utrip

That's interesting. Not sure I've noticed playing a Pro M ball, but we play with Classic Ms, and they've seems a lot more dead this year and even late last year.
  20. T

League Ump Fees

I personally find having to pay to get into a facility to watch rec softball pretty lame. There's one league I've played in that did that. But paying to play, like the regular league fees divided amongst the team, totally fine with and I actually prefer it rather than being sponsored and...