Search results

1. Mongo23

Players needed for MA/NH mens utrip E tourney team

Looking for some new players for a Mass/NH utrip mens E team. Middle infielders and outfielders prefered but if you are looking to play shoot me a message.
  2. Mongo23

USSSA Runner runs into thrown ball

Played in an indoor tourney last weekend and saw an unusual play. Runner at 1st with 0 outs, ball is popped up and hits the roof (anything hitting the roof plays as a pop-up.) Ball is caught by the SS who throws to 1st to try and double up the runner. While going back to 1st runner is...
  3. Mongo23

CL22 or USA Future

I have both the 16 Stadium CL22 and the USA Future, got a guy that wants to trade for the CL but that was my gamer Utrip bat. I haven't swung a Future yet. I'm curious if it will perform at the same level as the CL for utrip or if I should keep the CL in my bag?
  4. Mongo23

Akadema Glove

Anyone here use an Akadema glove? My girl has a coupon for half off a custom glove and wants to get me one as an Xmas gift. Problem is I can't get my hand into her glove and I can't return a custom. Do these things all run small?
  5. Mongo23

New bat help

I just got a 2015 Flipper Aftermath USA and love the bat. But I only play in 1 league with the 52 cor balls, the others still use the 44/375's. I don't want to blow up the AM with the harder balls, is there a stick that swings like the AM but will last using the 44/375's?
  6. Mongo23

Reviews on all association Mayhem

My buddy is looking to buy a new bat for our NSA league. He loves his ASA Fulk Mayhem but can't use it. Has a chance to buy this bat cheap but I can't find any reviews. Is this any good... comparable to the all association One? Or should he get a USSSA Fulk Mayhem instead?
  7. Mongo23

LTB 30oz NSA

Buddy of mine is searching for a new bat, he currently swings a Worth SBMABJ Mayhem ASA only but needs a new one for our NSA league. I know he likes the feel of the 1 piece best... looking to spend about $100-125.
  8. Mongo23

ASA Last night

Last night in my ASA modified league we are in the field with a runner on 3rd and 1 out. Batter hits a ball hard at SS, runner from 3rd breaks for home, SS throws runner out at home for 2nd out of the inning. After the out I notice the batter walking back to the dugout (3rd baseline) thinking...
  9. Mongo23

Price Check tps voltage

I have a tps voltage someone gave me instead of cash. I can't use it and want to sell it but don't know why they're worth. What are these going for now?
  10. Mongo23

Anyone else do this?

I played in a coed tourney this past weekend and got pissed at the other teams pitcher and I want to know if this happens a lot elsewhere. My team was 0-2 on the day and losing this game to the team that was going to win our pool. The other team was crying all game about balls and strikes...
  11. Mongo23

LTB Demarini Steels

Got a single wall tourney coming up and we broke our last 2 Steels. Looking for a white steel or the grey one (really would take any for the right price.) 27, 28 or even 30oz.
  12. Mongo23

ASA Defensive alignment question

So I play in an ASA coed league and last year there was a call by the ump that contridicts an ump last week. Basically while at bat the SS for the defense would switch to RF and moved the female RF to SS everytime a lefty guy would come up to bat. No one on my team complained but last year the...
  13. Mongo23

ASA Throwing glove at batted ball

Something happened at my Sunday morning league and I'm hoping someone here can answer my question. It's the fifth inning in a tight game and then we get on a role and get up by a few. The other teams SS has 2 consecutive balls hit to him that he muffed. So 2 men on and the next batter hits...
  14. Mongo23

Any Need clarity on obstruction call

I play in a Sunday morning modified league and the ump we had for the Fathers day game was awful. But one "call" he made baffled me: Leadoff hitter up, he puts one in a gap and tries to leg out a double. Firstbaseman for the other team is slightly out of position and our hitter has to try...
  15. Mongo23

Is this bush?

Hey guys, I am just looking for some other softball players opinions on this. I had a championship game in a Sunday rec league and a guy on the other team pissed me off and I want to know if I'm wrong in thinking it was a bush league move. Series is best of 3, first game bottom of the 6th...