Search results

1. blldwg23

Oldest player on your team to ever hit a home run?

Anybody over 35?? Really?? I'm 38 heading to 39 and I can't remember the last tourney I haven't hit at least a couple. There is a guy that plays in some of the local tournies that is prolly old enough to be my dad and he still hits bombs. I know I have seen guys in there late fifties early...
  2. blldwg23

What do you think.....Would your team enter

This is the format of about 95% of the tournies we play around here.
  3. blldwg23

How do we fix softball?

And to expand on this a bit. I remember growing up playing DYB/LL we might would practice one a week and play 2 games and that was it and when the season started practice was pretty much done. Now it is practice two nights a week play two games a week, and then get ready to play all weekend...
  4. blldwg23

How do we fix softball?

JBO I think I live about 2 hours north of you so I know what you talking about. Softball around here has made a bit of a resurgence but only because we have basically gone to nothing but 1 pitch tourneys. We mostly do Friday nights starting at 7 and finishing up about 2:30 ish. During peak...
  5. blldwg23

Arm Sleeves

Some of the tightness maybe due to it being Adidas. I have been wearing an Adidas clima cool arm sleeve for the past few months now and I will say it fits much tighter than most any arm sleeve I have worn and doesn't seem to breathe as well either. I don't have huge arms by any means and I have...
  6. blldwg23

Bp travel time

I don't take BP but maybe two or three times a year and about 15 or so is as far as I'd go.
  7. blldwg23

Price Check 28oz spike baker

Got a 28ozel spike baker. Old stamps. It is just taking up space and weight in my bat bag. No webbing I can see and 1 small spot of what a guy more familiar with combats than me called combat tracking. I doubt this thing has 150 swings on it. It has mostly rode in the bag or sat up against the...
  8. blldwg23

Bat pop

I surprise myself sometimes.
  9. blldwg23

Bat pop

Actually after further thought I think pop starts in the bat but desperately tries to get on the bat. That's why some bats have great exit speed but no distance.
  10. blldwg23

Bat pop

Line Drive bats have "pop" on them. HR Bats have "pop" in them. C'mon guys it's not rocket science. P.S IDK it may be the opposite for left handed bats.
  11. blldwg23

I think I just got the deal of the weekend

I got a NIW Easton XL2 with receipt for $69 bucks on Saturday. Just throwing it out there.
  12. blldwg23

Wilson YAK?

Reason I was asking I saw a new one for about $59 at a sporting goods store. I knew at one time it retailed at $150. It just peaked my interest, it is a pedroia style.
  13. blldwg23

Wilson YAK?

I've always been a Rawlings or Mizuno man so please excuse my ignorance. What can any of you guys tell me about the Wilson YAK line of gloves. I know they typically retail in the 150 ish range but what kind of quality are they? The leather looks like some of that softened pre broken in...
  14. blldwg23

Thoughts on a XL2

Was visiting a local sports store tonight and came across a brand new XL2 for about 69$. Now I don't really need another bat or anything and I know it's not one of Easton's top tier bats. Just curious if anybody has swung one what did they thing about it etc? Thinking about picking it up just...
  15. blldwg23

How Often Do You See This?

It is something I think you are going to see a lot more of. My brother who plays 3rd and myself 2nd are both looking into getting one. Just to many bad hops and as tourneys go on the fields we play on get worse. By the end it almost looks like a mine field and there is only so much...
  16. blldwg23

Glove Question

I currently game an MVP Prime and it is not a bad glove. I think if you take decent care of it and not abuse it, it should hold up pretty well. I have used mine for a little less than half of last season and all of this season. It is still fairly stiff and holds it shape pretty well. I do plan...
  17. blldwg23

Best softball region or state?

It's also really hard today to claim where your upper group teams are from. You got so many guys from all over to play on those teams. Look at somebody like Baugh Ford. It says they are out of Alabama but they have guys from Indiana, Georgia, Florida, and Oregon on their team.
  18. blldwg23

Swing Help

Is that a ball on a string?
  19. blldwg23

Would you protest?

Yeah that's what I am wondering. If you are an ump even if your just a "shadetree" league ump you can't be letting 9 year olds play softball against grown men. That is just a disaster waiting to happen. It should of never happened.
  20. blldwg23

Best softball region or state?

Having played a for a long time and at one point and time at a very high level I have gotten an opportunity to play some teams from different states and different regions and this is just my humble observation. Top teams are top teams and for the most part are just as good as their counterpart...