Search results

1. M

Rain, Rain Go Away

Fields aren't great and the umpires have to be the worst in the state. As of July 15th.
  2. M

Music in the dugout

You sound like fun.
  3. M

Waiting on pitch

batting practice
  4. M

Rain, Rain Go Away

Also, it doesn't make sense to not start at 8a. Yeah, I hate 8a games just as much as everyone else, but everyone knows that's when tournaments start. Not sure why they chose to start an hour later.
  5. M

Rain, Rain Go Away

Whose bat handles are still soaked? Probably going to have to re-do mine. How in the world do you leave all the bats out in the pouring rain?
  6. M

Rain, Rain Go Away

This happened last night in our champ of champs game at Berliner (I know this is a Cincy group, but it applies): Bases loaded, no outs. Batter flies out to RF. 1 out. R3 and R2 tags. R3 scores. 1B cuts off the throw and R2 is caught in an uneventful run down. 2 outs. R1 decided to tag at some...
  7. M

Rain, Rain Go Away

I have a bigger issue with them being zns. We've been required to use worth extremes or hot dots all year. I have plenty of those. Didn't budget for buying any more balls for the rest of the season. I asked Eddie if we can use worth balls.
  8. M

Exclusive Forum Member Giveaway Poll

I'd take the subs
  9. M

Batting order advice

Definitely joking.
  10. M

Batting order advice

Bat #7 first. Get him out of the way.
  11. M

2016 Last AB Thread

Single up the middle.
  12. M

KEEPER QUESTION

Do the other keepers get released?
  13. M

2016 Last AB Thread

Walk off HR... For the other team. Inning ending that knocked us out of the tourney.
  14. M

Sleeves and compression

i've been using medigrip (https://www.medline.com/jump/product/x/Z05-PF00084) lately. i like because it compresses, but I don't lose circulation and can keep it on for long periods with no discomfort. I used evoshield for a number of years and they were great, but I always had to take them off...
  15. M

The SLUMP

Focus on your timing and make sure you're swinging at good pitches.
  16. M

Infield Fly - "Unless it's foul"?????

Batter-runner should be hustling to first base. If anything happens, the same result (out, runner on 1st) should happen. Issue is people pop up and start walking to the dugout and open themselves up to a double play. No reason for a rule to protect laziness.
  17. M

Rain, Rain Go Away

Had a good one tonight. Bang-bang play at 1B. I'm up the line and end up 10-15 feet from the bag, great position. Call safe. 1B says I need to get a better angle. I laugh and head back. I hear him tell someone that he "felt the guy run past him" and he already had the ball. Took all I had not to...
  18. M

Rain, Rain Go Away

I'll give a situation as an example: Runner on 2nd, 1 out. Hit down the LF line. The correct play is for the left fielder to throw the ball to 2nd base which means the umpire (me) doesn't have to worry about the runner going home. However, the left fielder threw the ball to third basemen and...
  19. M

Umps not changing calls

I agree that tossing players isn't a casual thing and I don't think we're looking to toss guys, but it's really simple: When the umpire says it's over and time to move on, you move on. If a grown man wants to continue acting like an ass, he's gone. That was all I meant.