Search results

1. U

ASA AWARDING BASES

runner on 1st.. batter hits a line drive to SS .. runner on 1st is 10' off the bag and heading back to 1st.. SS overthrows 1B and ball goes out of play.. I know the runner gets 2 bases.. what I'm not sure of is if going back to tag up counts as 1 base or is he awarded 3rd base after tagging...
  2. U

Any TAGGING UP

is there a rule in any associations that doesn't allow a runner to take a few steps behind the bag waiting for 1st touch on a fly ball and then get a running start tagging up on 1st touch and then proceeding to the next bag.. if so please post rule no. and assoc. thx
  3. U

ASA runner brain fart

scenario.. runner on 3rd 1 out fly ball hit deep to LF, runner on 3rd mistakenly advances and touches HP, he now realizes the ball was caught, can he legally return to 3b to try to tag up after scoring? also if he can't return please cite the rule
  4. U

Any interference

2 scenarios---- runner on 1st and 3rd 1 out, batter hits a pop up and as the 1st baseman is attempting to make a catch in fair territory he is interfered with by the runner on 1b the ball drops and rolls foul before passing 1st base--- and would the call be the same if the ball rolled foul...
  5. U

ASA batter hit by own batted ball

scenario, The batter hits a short pop up and runs a few steps down the 1st base line in foul territory and the ball hits him in the back and then bounces to the catcher who makes the catch with the ball never touching the ground. I know if the runner was in fair territory and out of the...
  6. U

ASA infield fly called

bases loaded 1 out....pop up toward the 1st baseman umpire calls IF if fair....1st baseman who is in fair territory about 5 feet behind the bag misses the ball in front of him and the ball bounces forward hitting the runner that was a step off the bag.... I know the batter is out on the IF call...
  7. U

Any helping a runner

if a base runner falls down between bases and the trailing runner helps him up "without passing him" , is this legal or is he out for helping him up
  8. U

ASA B/R misses 1st base

whats the call.... runner on 2nd.... B/R hits to s/s and beats the throw to 1st base but he misses the bag and ends up down the 1st base line .... base umpire makes a safe call because the runner is assumed to have touched the bag.....as the runner is returning to 1st base the HP umpire calls...
  9. U

Any batting out of order

heres a play..... bases loaded no outs, batter hits a grounder to the 3rd baseman who tags the bag (1out) then throws to 2nd for the 2nd out, B/R is safe at 1st.....runner on 3rd scores.....before the next batter comes up the defensive team manager goes to the umpire and claims that the...
  10. U

Any 2nd base RUN BY LINE

several years ago I played in the Fla. Senior Games and they used a rule for runners going into 2nd base to avoid collisions. If I remember correctly they used a "run by line" to the right of 2nd base and if a play was being made on the runner they had the option to either slide into 2nd base or...
  11. U

ASA interference

bases loaded...batter hits a short fly ball to the outfield that is caught...all the runners tag up...ball is thrown home and is off line and the catcher misses the throw...runner from3rd scores...after the runner scores he inadvertently picks up ball and immediately drops it...the catcher then...
  12. U

Any Crazy scenario???

working a tournament recently HR's were hit and sit .... had a scenario come up....runner on 1st base, batter hits a high fly ball to deep left field....runner on 1st is tagging up and batter is running hard toward 1st....the ball just clears the fence for a home run before the B/R reached 1st...
  13. U

ASA ejection

scenario....runner on 3rd no outs batter hits a high pop up into deep infield...in disgust the batter starts trotting toward 1st base and in anger he fires his bat toward the dug out...the infielder lost the ball in the sun and never made the catch....runner on 3rd stayed...and B/R is now on...
  14. U

ASA scoring of runs

bases loaded with 2 outs......batter hits a triple...defense appeals that batter/runner missed 2nd base....umpire calls B/R out.....is this a time play and you allow all 3 runs to score since they had scored before the appeal....or do you only allow 2 runs and deny the 3rd since B/R was out at 2nd
  15. U

ASA obstruction

B/R gets a hit and rounds first and bumps into the 1st baseman the umpire immediately gave a verbal for obstruction and a delayed dead ball signal. The runner after bumping into the 1st baseman turned and headed safely back to 1st, after the play was completed the offense wanted the umpire...
  16. U

ASA obstruction

runner on 1st...B/R hits a gapper, as he is heading to 3rd he realizes the runner that was on 1st stopped after rounding 3rd and returned back to 3rd... the throw came in from the outfield to 3rd and B/R was in a run down....after heading back to 2nd he quickly turned back to 3rd and ran into...
  17. U

ASA senior games tour.

I did an ASA senior games tour. about 6 years ago and a run by line for the base runner was used at 2nd base to avoid collisions. If there was a force play on the runner going to 2nd base he had to run to the right of the bag or be called out. I had never seen it used before....does anyone...
  18. U

ASA verbal interference

i was watching a slo-pitch game Sat. and the batter had 2 strikes on him...as the ball was just about to the plate and the batter had started his swing the catcher yelled out swing batter and the batter popped up to the infield.....the coach on the team came out and was complaining that they...
  19. U

ASA batted ball hits base

This scenario was posted on the SSUSA web site.... Runner on 3rd Batter hits a shot down third base line that hits the base... meanwhile the runner has jumped into foul ground, the fair ball that hits the base bounces back and hits the runner. whats the call? .....SSUSA staff posted since ball...
  20. U

ASA caught off base

R1 on 1st base batter rips a line drive to SS who tries to double up R1 who is off the bag....when SS released the ball R1 had not made it back to the bag for tag up....ball is thrown out of play...i know runner get 2 bases from point of release but does going back and tagging up count as 1 base...