Search results

1. J

2014 Sleeper Bats of The Year

Picked up a FU Dawg a year ago around Christmas time for $146 brand new. Pretty hot after the wrapper, hit a 350 footer in the playoffs in fall co-ed with it. Also seems to be pretty durable.
  2. J

Team Name ideas

Hey guys, I'm starting a co-ed team and have been having trouble coming up with a good name, any ideas?
  3. J

Asa all aluminum bat

Demarini white steel and raw steel are decent steel bats. Plus they are cheap, I've saw them online now for about $140.
  4. J

Does 52 core 300 carry as well as old ASA balls?

Our league just made the switch this year to the 52 core balls, some people I know say they don't travel quite as far. Is this true? I thought they would be about the same. I understand about how the core is the percentage of speed that comes off the bounce, and that the compression effects...
  5. J

Girls hitting bombs?

Girl on my church league team cranked one off rhe fence Saturday with an old synergy. About a month ago playing indoor I saw a girl no more than 100 lbs crank a 320 foot HR to center field, to bad she wasn't playing for us.
  6. J

Help choosing best bat from this list.

Dude is this Brady's Run co-ed? I think we are playing in the same league.
  7. J

$180 or less - ASA

FU Dawg and B3. Also 454s.
  8. J

Fronting fees for your team

Collecting fees is by far the worst part of managing. Here's what you do, Get a sponsor to pay the league fee, or see if your church will pay if it's church league. It may seem hard to get sponsors but it's really not. Just tell them it would be good advertising for them, alot of companies...
  9. J

Punk move for church ball?

I agree 100%. There are too many lazy runners in softball. Plus you never know someone might drop an easy fly ball because of Sun, wind, etc, especially in church league.
  10. J

Plays in softball that tick me off

People not hustling 100% around the base paths. Chasing baserunners. People throwing the ball from left field to the 2nd baseman rather than the SS playing cutoff. Slow base runners in front of me and holding me up.
  11. J

what core balls are good for bp ?

I use 44 375s the first couple hundred hits on a brand new bat to get it broke in, then use 52 300s from then on out. Just don't use 44 375s all the time on the newer model bats because they do shorten the bats lifespan.
  12. J

Anyone having trouble with USPS

I never liked USPS. They take a long time to ship, plus their order tracking doesn't work half the time.
  13. J

This is why I don't pitch.......

That's a shin contusion, they suck. I had one last year, I played through it but it took a while for it to heal. It felt like I had shin splints in that leg all season.
  14. J

Can manufactures fix dented bats?

I have a white steel that is pretty dented up. Not cracked but dented to the point which is negatively effecting the performance. Anyways I called Demarini and they said sometimes they can repair dented bats? Is this true, and has anyone ever had a dented bat fixed? I'd perfer to get a brand...
  15. J

Plays in softball that make you happy.

What I love.. First HR I hit of the season. People hustling every play. Beating out cheap grounders. Gunning people down from the outfield. Robbing people of HRs. When all your good players actually show up. Making a diving catch. A good, fair umpire.
  16. J

I've looked and cant find the answer to this ball question

I think balls are best brand new. You don't have to break them in. In leagues I play in the game ball is brand new right out of the wrapper.
  17. J

Top 5 ASA bats

Seems like a good list. Is the 454 end loaded or balanced?
  18. J

Top 5 ASA bats

Any of you guys swing the Mercy? Its a girls bat but I know some guys that love it.
  19. J

Top 5 ASA bats

So what are your favorite ASA bats for the new softballs? Just curious whats your top 5?
  20. J

Looking for ASA Single Wall Recommendations

If it's a single wall alloy league, I would recommend either a white steel or raw steel. Raw steels are endloaded and work well for power hitters while the white steel is balanced and an all around decent bat. Another option would be the Anderson Ignite, however I've heard mixed reviews on it...