Search results

1. davisrelacing

For Sale ATOMS Made in Japan

I have a bunch of ATOMS gloves for sale. These are handcrafted in Japan in small batches by a single craftsman, no large factories or middlemen. Some have a Japanese pattern, while others have the new American "SenkuSha" pattern. Uragami and Terada leather is used on these, some of Japan's...
  2. davisrelacing

ATOMS gloves for sale

Moved post to correct forum https://forums.softballfans.com/index.php?threads/atoms-made-in-japan.1463818/
  3. davisrelacing

"It's just a glove. No one cares."

Saw this remark recently. Isn't that the whole problem with the glove community degrading into what it is today? Where did this mindset develop in people who just entered the community in that past few years? So sad to see the passion waning. Dan
  4. davisrelacing

Uncommon Webs

Don't know if you've noticed, but the replacement SS for the SD Padres is using what appears to be a 12" two piece web Rawlings at shortstop. Pretty effectively I must admit. Have you noticed any other little discrepancies like that this season?
  5. davisrelacing

New ATOMS Senku-Sha series

First ATOMS for the US market landed this weekend. Black Juteru leather, 12” pitching glove, with a few distinctive touches you eagle-eyed lurkers may recognize. More to come this Friday, including some that will be a good size for softball.
  6. davisrelacing

ATOMS

In the past couple of weeks, I've met several times with the owner and assistant to the owner of ATOMS. We all agreed that I will be the official US agent for ATOMS gloves. This really took start with a conversation back in 2018, but the opportunity really came to fruition now, and they've put...
  7. davisrelacing

Atoms gloves now available

I’ve formed a partnership with Atoms from Japan to import and distribute their gloves in the US market. You can order directly from me instead of using a proxy service or middleman. Prices are less than retail and you do not incur extra charges for a shopping service. Shipping is via EMS and...
  8. davisrelacing

Ton Ton Machine

Inspired by the unobtanium FUJISKIVER machines from Japan, I have been formulating plans to have my own pounding machine for several years. From my understanding, the Japanese craftsman that owned FUJISKIVER and basically the only person to make the machine, passed away in the past few years...
  9. davisrelacing

REV1X

Who is interested and why?
  10. davisrelacing

Thanks

Sitting here working on gloves tonight I am reflecting on things. This week I set up a glove sponsorship deal with a national team playing in the Olympics. Who would ever think that a regular guy like me would be doing that? Certainly not I. Wanted to say thank you to all the forum members...
  11. davisrelacing

Gloveworks

This caramel leather in the GW Game Day Series is some legit stuff. Thick and oiled, it has pull up characteristics like Timberglaze. The color is great and the glove starts out stiff. I assembled this 12.5" GW X DR glove in the GS96 pattern for Mithre.
  12. davisrelacing

MC & HH

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone in the glove group (and SBFs). May Santa bring you the finest leather and bless you with making all the plays. Dan
  13. davisrelacing

Colors

I mean, I love natural colors like tan, brown, and black as much as the next guy, but...:eek: New “Azure blue” Game Day leather from Gloveworks
  14. davisrelacing

Glove Oil

Curious as to what everyone considers being "glove oil?" I know when I was growing up my dad had a small can of Rawlings Glovolium oil in the tool room that we would use to break in a new glove for me...I don't remember the gloves but I do remember him saying that we would oil it after each...
  15. davisrelacing

Gloveworks meetup

I consider myself so fortunate to not only work with gloves, but to meet great people as well.I arranged a two day meetup with the CEO of Gloveworks. He was in LA meeting with Easton early last week, and then wanted to meet me! He flew in to ATL where I picked him up and we did normal touristy...
  16. davisrelacing

Made in Japan

Since some of us have brought up sharing of gloves and knowledge from our overseas brethren from Japan, let's take a poll. There are many, many high quality Japanese domestic market glove brands, as well as the big names like Mizuno, Rawlings, and Wilson (Staff, not A2K). Some people have the...
  17. davisrelacing

Custom Rawlings

Ordered a custom Heart of the Hide from Rawlings on Aug. 26 PRODAVIS (205) H web Timberglaze
  18. davisrelacing

Glove Mallet - a Thanksgiving break project

My father-in-law is an accomplished woodworker. I saw a mallet design on some Japanese social feeds and thought it would be a good way to get him off his fishing boat and back into the wood shop. Plus, I wanted to learn how to turn on a lathe. The mallet is about 10" long in the head and...
  19. davisrelacing

Mizuno Experience Atlanta

Stopped by the Mizuno Experience Center in Atlanta's Battery after the Sunday Braves game. Met Nori Ito, a very humble and genuine man. IMG_20170416_164409091 by davisrelacing posted Apr 18, 2017 at 7:49 AM