ASA 10u Umpire Alone

Runner Leaving early. what do you do if you see runner leaving early? Cleary out of course. Do you call certin base as only one umpire behind plate or all if you see it?

Not to be an ass but if you're running 1 man who else is going to call it?
No you're not i only ask for a reason I was told by one of my state uic never ever call first base when runner leaves early. as we have mask and we dont have the best vision sight for first base. Than he told me that most 10u runners don't leave the base to early I fully disagree with him So that why i was asking. I did tournament over sat/sun. Ought of four games call three ladies out leaving early two at first base and one at second.

Last edited:

lb16

the natural
No you're not i only ask for a reason I was told by one of my state uic never ever call first base when runner leaves early. as we have mask and we dont have the best vision sight for first base. Than he told me that most 10u runners don't leave the base to early I fully disagree with him So that why i was asking. I did tournament over sat/sun. Ought of four games call three ladies out leaving early two at first base and one at second.
You made the right call no matter your position on the field and especially if you are running by yourself if you see an obvious infraction you make the call.

You made the right call no matter your position on the field and especially if you are running by yourself if you see an obvious infraction you make the call.

This why i ask... I didn't agree with them by any means. I get some of his points but its lackester than the fact he made assumption 10u don't tend to leave early is not what good uic does. i did ask people higher ups in USA staff he said he wouldn't say never but he did say they did have some points. I countine to call what i need to call, But since i am working with this UIC this weekend i will not be calling runner leaving early on first base in less i am the base umpire .... he open up for many complaints.

MaverickAH

If it's a straight-up tournament, I'm calling it straight up!

Now if it's a Showcase where there are college coaches & scouts who are there to see the players? That may (or may not!) be a different story! Sometimes we're instructed, pre-tournament, to let certain things slide such as batters who walk the box & are out of it on contact with the pitch or pitchers who aren't fully legal with their pre-delivery & delivery. We're told that the coaches want to see everything, warts & all.

I've never heard of not calling a runner out for leaving early though. It seems like that would put a catcher at a major disadvantage.

If it's a straight-up tournament, I'm calling it straight up!

Now if it's a Showcase where there are college coaches & scouts who are there to see the players? That may (or may not!) be a different story! Sometimes we're instructed, pre-tournament, to let certain things slide such as batters who walk the box & are out of it on contact with the pitch or pitchers who aren't fully legal with their pre-delivery & delivery. We're told that the coaches want to see everything, warts & all.

I've never heard of not calling a runner out for leaving early though. It seems like that would put a catcher at a major disadvantage.
It was a straight up tournament Edit thank you guys, it just made me feel like crap "never do that again" Seriously? im pretty aggravated over it, I know i did the right thing that all that matters.

Last edited: