13 or 14 inch Glove

CTGlove

I have a 13 Inch Glove (Rawlings Liberty). Glove is perfect (got it custom through D*cks & ended up only costing me $70). No complaints. I play outfield and first base. Will a 14 inch glove make a noticeable difference or am I wasting money for no reason?

Thanks

Bengalfan

Addicted to Softballfans
Glove size is part preference and position played. If the 13 feels good and you have no problem catching the ball no reason to think a 14 is going to make things easier. Bigger glove is a bit more bulky if your running in the outfield and for infield you don`t see many 14" gloves, maybe some at 1st base but 13" should be plenty at either 1st or outfield. My opinion save your money.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
If you're satisfied with the 13" glove you have, you probably won't notice any improvements going to a 14". Even moreso if you're only playing OF and 1B. You might consider a 1B mitt for playing 1B if you're just looking to add another glove to the collection but even that isn't truly necessary.

CTGlove

If you're satisfied with the 13" glove you have, you probably won't notice any improvements going to a 14". Even moreso if you're only playing OF and 1B. You might consider a 1B mitt for playing 1B if you're just looking to add another glove to the collection but even that isn't truly necessary.
I had a first base glove. I ended up selling it as I didn’t really notice a difference. I just wear a padded glove from Palmgard - if playing first.

Thanks

J

r8dr_rider

Also consider the size of your hand. If you have small-medium hands that 14” glove will be too big IMO. I had a 14 I used for OF but balls would spin out, now I only use it for 1B. Use my 12.75 for OF and it’s money

D-ROCK13

Glove size is like bat weight, everybody will have a different fit, and only way to know is to try honestly.
I have small hands so 12.75 is my go to, tried bigger and couldnt close glove as well and would drop a ton of balls.

blakcherry329

Glove size is like bat weight, everybody will have a different fit, and only way to know is to try honestly.
I have small hands so 12.75 is my go to, tried bigger and couldnt close glove as well and would drop a ton of balls.
yep. It's all personal preference.
I had a 14" Vinci and I hated it. Way too big and I couldn't get a feel for the ball in the glove. Traded it for a bat. I have a 13.25 from AZ Gloveman. Much more comfortable for sure.

Just find a glove you're comfortable with and you'll be fine. Don't overthink it.

Redsfan

As long as you can catch the ball with it use whatever size you want. I've always used a 14 incher but I have bigger hands. ( Can palm a basketball pretty easily )

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I play outfield and first base also.....I use a 13 inch glove. In the outfield I don't have to try to find the ball in a giant glove to make a throw and it's big enough at first base to make the plays. I've never once missed a ball and thought, "If only my glove was one inch longer........"

I have a 13 Inch Glove (Rawlings Liberty). Glove is perfect (got it custom through D*cks & ended up only costing me $70). No complaints. I play outfield and first base. Will a 14 inch glove make a noticeable difference or am I wasting money for no reason?

Thanks

A bit late in responding to your original post but you have hit the nail on the head, you said your Rawlings glove is "perfect", no need to look any further. Unless you were to find a 14" glove that were more perfect (?), you should be set.

dunno

Someone told me the glove should be an extension of your hand.
Never really understood that until I tried on a 12" Rawlings infielders glove.

Was using a 13, 14 and even a 15" in the OF. They all felt loose to downright sloppy.

The 12 is so light and maneuverable the balls seem to get sucked into the pocket. and once in stay there.
Huge confidence builder.

Use it everywhere. Ifn i don't quite get to a ball will blame it on my speed, technique or conditioning because that extra 1 or 2" is usually not to blame for a missed catch imo.

dunkky

preference i would say. nothing in this world is ever perfect. having said that, i used to think 13 was pretty damn good. an inch shouldn't make big difference. then i moved on to 14.. damn, talking about vacuum cleaner. so, do you think extra half step matters making running catch? if answer is yes, then extra 1inch makes difference too. believe me, i've dropped a quiet that hit the tip of my glove when tried to run for those high dookie shots

nike33kjk

Addicted to Softballfans
I look at the difference, not in catching a fly ball, but trying to scoop a ground ball out of long grass. I really prefer a 14".