15" firstbasemens glove - BullhideUSA? others

slowstepper

Ok guys, new here, but been playing softball for 55 years, currently play in an old mans over 63 league. play all over but my best position is first base. So heres my question. I want a 15" (minimum 14 - prefer 15) 1st basemens glove. I currently have an old Wilsons Big scoop. It works ok - i use it with 3 fingers in the pinky hole and the index finger in the ring finger hole BTW (thats a 50 year old habit) The problem I have with the wilson is that when you close it , the fingers pocket "bows" inward squeezing the ball - and occasionally it pops out. I've never had that issue with any other glove - 1st basemens or fielding.

so I'm looking at replacing the glove. In looking around, my choices seem to be limited - and some are just to pricey.
I do see one that may work from Bullhideusa. I am not familiar with the brand - and the photos don't really tell me a whole lot. any feedback on the brand - quality? design?

any other ideas? I'm trying to stay under $250 bucks

nike33kjk

Addicted to Softballfans
Call them and see what they can build you?
Official SSUSA sponsor.

slowstepper

Thanks KJK, I did call them, had a long discussion with Abel. He clearly knows ball gloves - inside and out , after talking about options like restringing and re - breaking in my old 20 year old glove that has always been wonkee - It came "broken in - and it just folded like an envelope - bnever had a good deep secure pocket. Apparently Bullhide does break ins for alot of other glove companies, and take great pride in that service, and their ability to form the correct pocket. They even asked me if I used 2 in the pinky or 3 in the pinky - I use 3 - always have - never even heard of anyone else doing that - but they knew all about it.

so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on their 14" KIP 1st basemens glove 250 including break in and shipping - I'll report back here after a few games to evaluate it!

nike33kjk

Addicted to Softballfans
Glad to hear! Llerandi "sponsors" our Senior team (Team OG 50s - MI) so I figured I would pass along the information. I have never heard of 3 in the pinky...only recently heard of TIP!! Our senior coach has a 14"lefty mod-trap I'll need to 'borrow' before I pull the trigger getting one.