2003 Miken ultra 2 27oz

2oldShoe

In for a pics and price on the 30oz.....assuming you're selling of course.

Sorry my friend. I hoard my bats, even after they are unusable lol. I'm just curious on the "better" versions of the Ultra 2's. Plus i haven't got to game swing it yet, just turning 50 this year and I've been sitting on this bat for about 6 years.... Go figure, the Senior league I just started playing in doesn't allow them. But I'll hook up with a tourney team someday.

Thanks for the inquiry.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I hear ya.
Not there yet myself but the military over 40 is allowing senior Bats this year
And
I don’t see 30oz available often

blakcherry329

I had a 30oz(my first composite purchase). Sorry I sold it. a teammate gave me an U2, 27oz. I think I'll take off the grip when I get home to check it out.

blakcherry329

Very interesting thread.
My bat seems to be a 29oz.
Lmk if you want to sell it. The recessed bubble knob’s were painted over U1s. You could see the grey just below the black under the grip. Most of those had a 23.9 or less shell weight without endcap and handle rod. Most if not all of the U1s with the star had a shell weight of 23.9 or less. All the older model Ultras were hot as fire but IMO the 23.9 shell weights were better and a lot more durable. Yours has 24.7 shell weight. There should also be some other etched numbers and letters just above the etched date. These are also significant as far as how hot and durable the bat is. Miken had 3 guys making bats at this time. The first # will be a 3 or 4 or 5. This # was the day of the week. This will be followed by the initials of which guy did the bat. I can’t remember the exact pecking order but there was a difference in the pop and durability on all 3 bats made by the 3 different guys.
Thanks for the info. Very interesting.
There's a red line and a 34 24.2 above it and 29 below it in white paint.
Serial# 7023030
Initials SHS
Date: 62403
Now I have to buy another grip, dammit. But it was worth it.

blakcherry329

I always hated that grip anyway, so it was no biggie. But the Lizard Skin grip that I had, on top of the OG grip was hard to part with. lol

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
I hear ya.
Not there yet myself but the military over 40 is allowing senior Bats this year
And
I don’t see 30oz available often
Dustin said that last year and a week before military worlds he changed it back to Utrip bats. I hope they stick to it this year.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Dustin said that last year and a week before military worlds he changed it back to Utrip bats. I hope they stick to it this year.

I personally hate the decision. Over 50 I get, but 40's is dumb IMO.

But I purchased a senior bat (Lightning 2.0) and frankly I may just use my EST XL. The senior bat has a bigger sweet spot and when struck perfectly it seems to have a little more distance, but I don't like the feel and it seems to be made for slower swing speeds (which makes sense) so I don't know that there's a huge benefit for me personally (at least based on this one bat).

Dogue

Evil Genius
I don't get 40+ using senior bats either.

When I turned 50 it took me a while to find a senior bat I liked. A lot of Utrip bats work for me but nothing fit my swing right I guess. I finally fell in love with the Miken Big Cat bats and am happy with them. I do think they're made for a different swing and it was frustrating (I used my utrip bats for a lot in senior ball) but by going heavier than before with a big EL I think the bat works for me now.

96packers

OG Titletown
I personally hate the decision. Over 50 I get, but 40's is dumb IMO.

But I purchased a senior bat (Lightning 2.0) and frankly I may just use my EST XL.

not sure about swing speed but I'll gladly take the 2.0 off your hands :rolleyes: or the EST
LMK where to send PP

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
not sure about swing speed but I'll gladly take the 2.0 off your hands :rolleyes: or the EST
LMK where to send PP

Dudley is 29oz and 13" barrel....doesn't seem to be the preferred weight or barrel length, but will be for sale on Aug 19.....or for trade sooner.

EST's are 30oz and not going anywhere.

Ejdf

[QUOTE = "ABLXTRA, post: 19021144, member: 5918"] esto es lo que busco, una fecha de JULIO o una fecha de AGOSTO de 2002, y la cartilla gris, y lo obvio, la perilla de burbuja empotrada

todavía no están rotos en rojo uno está empezando a incendiarse el amarillo todavía está rígido. los dos chicos de los que los conseguí dijeron que no los balanceaban mucho.

perilla roja 7-21-02
perilla amarilla 8-30-02

U2%20003_zpsreihkpv1.jpg

U2%20001_zps5evj8xu0.jpg

U2%20002_zpss7mwn1zd.jpg
[/CITA]
Hello
I am interested in an ultra 1, do you sell one?
upload_2021-10-16_11-6-42.png