2010-11 NHL Hockey Thread

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
You dislike your team that much that you can see good play out of Karl? I still think he showed promise for such a huge guy.

And that boll jackman fight. WTF happened there.

Jackman got his ass handed to him.

Keep a close eye on Karlsson. Sure, he's big and can stop a lot of shots. First shots. His size prevents him from being mobile and he lacks the agility to get in position for second and third shots.

It isn't about disliking my team. It's about what makes a good goalie.

tds

Addicted to Softballfans
Jackman got his ass handed to him.

Keep a close eye on Karlsson. Sure, he's big and can stop a lot of shots. First shots. His size prevents him from being mobile and he lacks the agility to get in position for second and third shots.

It isn't about disliking my team. It's about what makes a good goalie.

i thought jackman had the upper hand at the start too.

thats kinda my point. for a huge guy he's a pretty big goalie. that diving stop off the wacky glass for instance. he isn't the fastest by any means but he sure is for fast his size. i mean damn. where he get pads?

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
they better not i'm starting quick in fantasy. they put up 5 i may smash my tv

I started Johnson last night, who let in 3 in 12 shots in the first period and was pulled... GAA was like 15.00 and a .700 sv%.. Thank god Vokoun pitched a shutout the night before and won for me last night.

tds

Addicted to Softballfans
I started Johnson last night, who let in 3 in 12 shots in the first period and was pulled... GAA was like 15.00 and a .700 sv%.. Thank god Vokoun pitched a shutout the night before and won for me last night.

Ouch. I started Bobby Lou and Howard who were playing each other last night just to entertain myself. 9 goals allowed haha

BROE

Addicted to Softballfans
Iginla just got whooped by benn from dallas, looked like a nasty cut near his eye.

Excuse me? "Iginla got whooped"? Other than Iggy getting cut, (from showing respect and removing his own helmet), you can't deny he got the better of Benn. I have the game pvr'ed. I just watched the fight again. I think you should too.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
Devils retrieve Lemaire out of mothballs, trail the Islanders 3 - 0 at home.

This post gives me the lolz.
http://forums.softballfans.com/showpost.php?p=12131639&postcount=200

They pretty much mailed in teh season bringing Lemaire back out of moth balls. Too many injuries, a gutless captain and a clueless coach = lost season. I'll still watch the rest of teh games, but I haven't had to deal with a season like this in a Loooooooooooooooooooong time....guess I was due.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
Excuse me? "Iginla got whooped"? Other than Iggy getting cut, (from showing respect and removing his own helmet), you can't deny he got the better of Benn. I have the game pvr'ed. I just watched the fight again. I think you should too.

The fact that Iginla removes his helmet/visor every time he fights = he wins. Every new player should be required to watch a video of how this man has played the game over the course of his career.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
They pretty much mailed in teh season bringing Lemaire back out of moth balls. Too many injuries, a gutless captain and a clueless coach = lost season. I'll still watch the rest of teh games, but I haven't had to deal with a season like this in a Loooooooooooooooooooong time....guess I was due.

Huge mistake trading away many of the gritty role players that made them a good team. The Kovalchoke trade killed them. They spent $100 million and tossed away good players to Atlanta to bring a gutless cancer into their dressing room. The Devils were never about one player other than Brodeur. Now their whole game plan revolves around a tempermental and selfish jerk. Lou Lam needs to own up to some of the blame here. McClean was just the fall guy here.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
Huge mistake trading away many of the gritty role players that made them a good team. The Kovalchoke trade killed them. They spent $100 million and tossed away good players to Atlanta to bring a gutless cancer into their dressing room. The Devils were never about one player other than Brodeur. Now their whole game plan revolves around a tempermental and selfish jerk. Lou Lam needs to own up to some of the blame here. McClean was just the fall guy here.

Kovalchuk not the problem, I would do that deal again in a heartbeat. Their defense is horrendous, Volchenkov and Taormina are th only guys worth a damn and both have missed huge chunks of Season. Salvador injury has really hurt as well. They have some good young talent coming along in Tedneby and Josefsen (who also got hurt and missed a ton of games) and Parise will be back next year. The 1 HUGE mistake Lou made was the Rolston deal. They can't get rid of that albatros, they rid themselves of some guys like Langenbrunner and White very soon and Arnott will either re-up for less or be gone as well. I think elias will be dealt too. They will build it back up around Parise, Kovy, Zajac, Tedneby and Josefsen on offense. Volch and Taormina will be the keystones on D.

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
The fact that Iginla removes his helmet/visor every time he fights = he wins. Every new player should be required to watch a video of how this man has played the game over the course of his career.

Doesn't he have to remove his helmet or its a misconduct. You can't fight with a visor or cage on your helmet.

Doesn't he have to remove his helmet or its a misconduct. You can't fight with a visor or cage on your helmet.

I think that only applys if there is an instigator penalty coming to the shield wearing player. I think they receive an additional penalty. :confused:

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
I think that only applys if there is an instigator penalty coming to the shield wearing player. I think they receive an additional penalty. :confused:

I looked it up and found nothing that says so. I give nobody extra credit for removing a helmet with a shield or cage though.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>

Up until approximately 2009 anyway.