2010-11 NHL Hockey Thread

Hazate

Composite bat hater....
Iginla just got whooped by benn from dallas, looked like a nasty cut near his eye.

Ummm go watch the fight again...Benn got whooped and was just holding on at the end of the fight...Nice of Benn to leave his bucket on when Iginla took his off.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
Up until approximately 2009 anyway.

Perhaps, but it's still a very impressive body of work. I've always admired the guy. Thought that his style of play and sportsmanship, along with his off the ice demeanor, made him more deserving of being the face of the game than some of the others that Bettman's marketers have tagged in the past.

tds

Addicted to Softballfans
With a visor he better drop his lid. You wanna fight with a helmet then lose the visor.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
Perhaps, but it's still a very impressive body of work. I've always admired the guy. Thought that his style of play and sportsmanship, along with his off the ice demeanor, made him more deserving of being the face of the game than some of the others that Bettman's marketers have tagged in the past.

You know I've been a longtime Iginla fan ... since he got pulled up from my WHL team and played for my NHL team.

He's been easy to love.

It's incredibly difficult to write a bad word about him, knowing the player he's been, his tireless efforts in the community, his humble attitude.

As a leader, however, he's been questionable but for one or two games in the 2004 playoff run.

As an inspirational player in the last two seasons, he's been non-existent.

He has that one great shot but now the setup is largely telegraphed and entirely predictable. Unless his linemates are doing their job and screening the shot, the goalies have more than enough time to square themselves and easily stop the puck.

He doesn't forecheck, he barely backchecks and he's become over-rated and overpaid.

And that hurts my heart.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
Interesting game out of the Canadians today. They were pretty skittish to start but once they started scoring some goals, their confidence level grew. Don't know if I'm so keen on Roy in net but he did get the win.

I had wanted to watch the U.S.-Finland game, although I hear it's pretty boring. Anyone with thoughts watching?

SilentPete

Addicted to Softballfans
I only watched the first 7 or so minutes of Canada/Russia. Canada started running around trying to make the big hit on every play, which lead to Russia's first goal. That's all I've got.

Watching your team tonight, Flash.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
Reality check for the FishSticks tonight. Rangers 7, Isles 2.

Christmas is over bitches, and you still suck.

AveregeJay

Banned User
Hemsky is back after missing 10 games tonight.

Time for the Oilers to turn it around and get a dubya against the Sabres tonight.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
pens win again tonite and are still on fire! winter classic should be great as long as the rain holds off.

They just played one of their worst games of the year in their last outing. I am going to alumni game Friday, no interest in sitting out in the rain waiting possibly 7 hours for faceoff when all the bowl games are on. Turned down tickets twice for Saturday

tds

Addicted to Softballfans
Very happy with week in fantasy. Played quick, varlamov and bobby Lou. Two shut outs and a Lou two goal win against the flyers.

freakazoid

I do it B.I.G.!!!
They just played one of their worst games of the year in their last outing. I am going to alumni game Friday, no interest in sitting out in the rain waiting possibly 7 hours for faceoff when all the bowl games are on. Turned down tickets twice for Saturday

id say 13-2-1 in the last 16 is fire worthy... rain or not i dont think i could pass up winter classic tickets for the right price... u never know if ull have that chance again.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
Blueshirts continue their mastery over the Deborahs, 3 - 1.

Beating the FishSticks and Debbies in back to back games is a nice Christmas present.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
Crosby's streak is fini. Stopped by the FishSticks. Refs tried their best to help, but alas, were unsuccessful.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
Blueshirts continue their mastery over the Deborahs, 3 - 1.

Beating the FishSticks and Debbies in back to back games is a nice Christmas present.

Not the world's biggest accomplishment this year. I am glad to see the Devils using their younger guys and getting them experience, this season is a complete loss

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
Not the world's biggest accomplishment this year. I am glad to see the Devils using their younger guys and getting them experience, this season is a complete loss

They at least played hard and had the better of the play in the first period.

I know you disagree, but it's tight division games like this where you see how bad Kovalchuk is. Fans are now really on him for his bad passes and lack of production.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
id say 13-2-1 in the last 16 is fire worthy... rain or not i dont think i could pass up winter classic tickets for the right price... u never know if ull have that chance again.

I would rather watch Penn State Bowl game than a regular season hockey game. I turned down tickets and a free place to stay for the 1 in Buffalo as well. Its a lot of $$ to sit in tupper deck at a footall stadium and not be able to see ****.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
They at least played hard and had the better of the play in the first period.

I know you disagree, but it's tight division games like this where you see how bad Kovalchuk is. Fans are now really on him for his bad passes and lack of production.

I only got to see the first and part of the 3rd last night, Lemaire will have them p0laying better, butthere are still too many injuries and Parise can not be replaced. Kovy played well last night from what I saw, he had 1 bad pass on a late power play, but looked good other than that. He would be much better with a creative playmaking center like Josefsen (who is of course out and has been for a couple months) than guys like Arnott or Zajac whop are beter shots than playmakers. This may be the first time I wish Gomez were still a Devil, he would be lights out with Kovy