2013 nats.

Stallion9

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey they let me throw I think Wiley will have no problem pitching I just hope that he keeps the ball in the park . If not i will be writing on the balls like they did to us last yr ... Hahahahaha

I will be the guy in left field with the "Free Kodiak" sign.

Diggity4223

Addicted to Softballfans
Agree. Easy to call and leave it up to the umpires. It's part of the game. Either way, someone won't be happy. Just play ball.

We the bulld ogs play you first game again so will be nice to smash some beers after the game. I like where your head is at with the game and just playing.

Good luck see ya Friday night under the stars!!!!!

stallion45

Addicted to Softballfans
hey wiley just got done finishing up on my last batch of capital I ready to hang them up on the fence for you.

wery7

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else hear about some new bat rule for the national tournament just implemented today?

thechief00

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else hear about some new bat rule for the national tournament just implemented today?

Yes, they decided to allow bats with the 2013 stamp on them. All season long we were told that those bats were only to be used in slow pitch, but 2 days before the national tournament they changed it. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes, they decided to allow bats with the 2013 stamp on them. All season long we were told that those bats were only to be used in slow pitch, but 2 days before the national tournament they changed it. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Agreed.... Teams that don't have them (probably because they haven't used them all year) are at quite a disadvantage this weekend.

In playing with a couple of guys that also play slow pitch, they have said there is a BIG difference in the bats. Third baseman may want to wear catchers gear this weekend!!!!

wery7

Addicted to Softballfans
That 2013 bats can be used but they do still need to pass a compression test, all bats will still be tested.

So that makes it ok? Are these bats going to pass a compression test? I'm guessing a majority will, and with the added "pop" they have, what pitcher or third baseman will be safe?

Another question is, what was the background behind the decision so late? Obviously someone must have requested this to be approved. Most states have done just fine at their state tournaments and a majority of leagues with the bats they had throughout the year....why change this now? The argument I heard of a "shortage of bats" is a rediculous one.

ca_llmedaddy

Addicted to Softballfans
Due to the low availability of new bat models with the 2004 Certification Mark on bats that are of the required weights for the Men's Fast Pitch game and the Men's Modified Game - the following statement will occur for the Men's Fast Pitch National Championship Finals and Men's 10-Man Modified National Championship Finals. For the Men's Fast Pitch National Championship Finals and Men's 10-Man Modified National Championship Finals, bats with the new ASA Certification Mark on them and listed on the ASA Approved Bat list will be allowed in this event. The other ASA Bats that have the 2000 or 2004 Certification Marks
will also be allowed as long as they are on the ASA Approved Bat list and not listed on the ASA Non-approved Bat list. Rule 3.1 will also still be a deciding factor in all decisions concerning bats that are allowed in these National Championship Finals play events.For sites that are testing bats (using a testing device is not mandatory): Please use one of the new SSL Barrel Compression Testing Units and test all bats using the 1450 number, with the exception of the bats on the non-linear bat list as these numbers will be followed and holograms will be placed on all bats which exceed the 1450 and the numbers on the non-linear bat list.

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
The one thing that still perplexes me about the change, is why not do it earlier this summer instead of waiting until now?

For most teams, they don't have any of the new bats as they weren't able to use them all summer (including the State Tournament) so do they go out and spend $600-$900 for two or three bats for just one tournament, albeit the National Tournament? Tough decision for some teams that don't have the sponsorship money compared to others.

Sleds#20

Addicted to Softballfans
can't wait for the lawsuit when something happens... thought it was dumb enough when they did this at fast pitch nationals...

33ils

Addicted to Softballfans
2013 Bats

Someone from the MASA said it is all BS and the bats won't be allowed. I would call them in Midland and ask.

BLAR13

Addicted to Softballfans
The 2013 bat use was voted down at the managers meeting only 2000 and 2004 bats will be allowed

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
Greenville Inn, Dempsey and Baxter, Gilligan's/Hagemeister Park, and Jubb are last four undefeated teams...

Press Box Blue Sox, Press Box Bulldogs, Mug, Men Of Iron, Boston Sharks, and Secory Flyers are six teams left in loser's bracket.

Secory Flyers survived by defeating Jet's Pizza 20-19 in the final game of the night at Pine Grove.

33ils

Addicted to Softballfans
Thank you

Thanks for the update. The newspaper doesn't give any game results. Very poor coverage.

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the update. The newspaper doesn't give any game results. Very poor coverage.
Check some of the teams Facebook pages.... A lot of the information is on the homepages.

Defending Champions Greenville Inn and Jubb last two undefeated teams....

Toast14

Addicted to Softballfans
Greenville is the undefeated team.
Gilligan's/Hagemeister is playing Jubb to get to the championship in team