2013 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
I think it's a couple of things. First he didn't readjust to MLB hitters when they started figuring him out. Now he has lost his confidence in his pitches. All mental issues. Not sure what the right course of action is for him (bullpen or AAA), but I know he has become a pure liability in the starting rotation.

Gator275

Addicted to Softballfans
Thats what I was thinking as well but the question is what to do with him now? Is he better than Hernandez right now?

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Also he's a Scott boras client so I doubt the rays would even think of keeping him around for longer than this season or next

Gator275

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree but if we are looking at one game right now I would not pick Hellickson. It really doesnt matter right now because Hellickson is getting sent to single A for some extra rest.

Gator275

Addicted to Softballfans
Geeze man good luck. Decent girls are hard to find. Pedro is solid he will be a good pick-up. We added lil Robbie.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Rays got ate up by the chokasaurus tonight! Hellboy needs to get his mind right and find his confidence again. That's all. All the physical tools are there. It's a common growing pain for young pitchers who rely on precise location command to succeed. A guy who can juice up to 95mph+ can get away with stuff that he can't. Time for him to sit down with some precision pitching gurus from the past, learn how to readjust on the fly to MLB hitters from them, and get his swagger back.

Gator275

Addicted to Softballfans
Odorizzi called up, going to pitch on Thursday. Kinda sucks I'm going to the game on Thursday and wanted to see Price pitch.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Odorizzi called up, going to pitch on Thursday. Kinda sucks I'm going to the game on Thursday and wanted to see Price pitch.

But now price will open the Boston series so that's a plus. I want tickets for one of those games. But I hear you , I wouldn't want to watch Odorizzi over price

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Can't win on the West Coast. Could be the death of any potentially great post season story!

Gator275

Addicted to Softballfans
I hope they can do something to win a few on this trip. I know there are only a couple of guys that post in here but have you guys come across anything that gives a preview of what next seasons roster may look like? I have been looking and I found an article that was written in 2010 that was previewing what the roster would look like in 2014 and it was commical. If you guys come across any articles I would appreciate you shooting them my way.